• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help!! I need to fell like I fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil May Die

I new to the whole Fans sites and I new help. For example, I don't know how to put and Avatar or those coll pictures at the end of each of my sites. Some one Help me. for the love of Dante and Vergil.:(

P.S; rock on every one that loves Dante and all that Devil May Cry stands for:cool:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
First of all, welcome!
Second, you need Avatar and a picture in your signature. Let me explain how to deal with it.

navbar-options.gif
From there press the red words on the left which say Edit Avatar.

You shall see 2 options.
1) Do not use an avatar.
2) Use a custom avatar.

Check the second.

After that you are faced with two other options.
Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website. That means that you just paste the URL of the avatar you want to use inside the place that it shows you.
For example:
Say you want to use this
danteavatar_4.jpg
as an avatar. Then just paste http://ui10.gamespot.com/361/danteavatar_4.jpg inside the space that the first option shows you.
Then click Save Changes and you're okay.

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. That means you can use a picture you have saved in your computer. You click Browse to find it and select it. After you do, you click Save Changes and you're okay.

NOTE: If it doesn't work, that means that:
1) The picture you selected is not a type of image that the forum supports. Types like bmp for example are not supported.
2) Your picture is more than 19kbs or larger than 80X80.

Signature. This is a bit trickier since it'll take a few tries before you can actually make it work. Do not worry, it happens to everybody.
First click
navbar-options.gif
again, and from there go to Edit Signature.

In the signature you can put whatever you want. As long as it goes with the rules of the forum. That "whatever you want" can be a picture, a link, or just mere words. It is entirely up to you.

As in the avatar you have the same two options. However, I HIGHLY recommend the 1ST option.
Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website. Exactly what you did with the avatar. Paste the url of the picture you like, and you're on.
Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer. In here, you may do exactly what you did with the avatar, but it may not work for a few reasons. However, if you MUST do it this way, then again, you do the same things you did with the avatar's Option 2.

The Notes are exactly the same, except that now your "limit" is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller);)

And lastly of all, if the signature does some tricks to you (it always does it the 1st time:p) and won't let you use it, let me know and I will edit your signature with the picture you wanted to use;)

I hope that helped a bit:p

Devil May Die

Tony!!! my selections for Avatar and signature don't work. Please help me...again...lol

P.S.Rock on every one that loves Dante and all that Devil May Cry stands for

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
if ur still having trouble the problem may be the size of the image itself or the size of the file that the picture is linked to..remember..certain forums only allow u to use a file or picture within a certain specified size

II Regicide II

The Greatest
yea and also go to google see full size of the picture and then save it
at least thats what i did
oh and btw Tony Redgrave told me he like to watch The Notebook
dont know why

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
thats actually sound advice..just google the image u want..thats what i did for my avatar..lol, im actually having someone else make me a sig though....thats only cuz i dont have any editing programs or anything and i want something that looks cool but dosnt take up too much space

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Fatal;68476 said:
yea and also go to google see full size of the picture and then save it
at least thats what i did
oh and btw Tony Redgrave told me he like to watch The Notebook
dont know why

What Notebook?:unsure:

Devil May Die

Thanks guys. Fatal that was goin to be my signature butit didn't work and Nero 116 can you tell me how to get that Avatr you got? please!!

II Regicide II

The Greatest
Devil May Die;68562 said:
Thanks guys. Fatal that was goin to be my signature butit didn't work and Nero 116 can you tell me how to get that Avatr you got? please!!

haha for real
im really glad i found this pic
oh and if you looked for it on google yes the first pic didnt work but about 3 pages later it appears again

Devil May Die

Thanks guys but theres one ploblem, i went to the wet site Nero 116 recomende but i don't know how to get the URL to put it as an Avatar. Help me Nero116

Devil May Die

Hey guy's I did it!! Thanks so much all of you. I made sure to increase the rep. of all of you in return. I see what next discussion i will come up with.

P.S.: Rock On Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom