• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Have you ever...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
...separated yourself from Rebellion and Ebory & Ivory in your first playthroughs at the Divinity Stuatues, or before a mission?

I remember I didn't for several runs. It just felt... wrong. You know. Dante without his signature weapons... I just felt like "Hell no!".

Obviously later, as I kept learning the game's mechanics, I tried different loadouts excluding Rebellion and the twin pistols, to experiment and try out the plethora of combos and approaches the game offers.

What about you?

berto

I Saw the Devil
nope. to this day most, if not all, of my runs come with the stadard set. never seem to want to walk outside without them.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Sometimes well i ended parting from starting set on DMC 3 SE PC version ( as i have this one beside PS2 DMC3), as mostly later i resorted to use Agni&Rudra and for firearm mostly Artemis.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I believe that I've switched to Agni & Rudra + Beowulf for a while on my first playthrough. Eventually switched one of them for Rebelllion later on in the game. I've always used Ebony & Ivory though.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I got this thing where I just prefer the character have it if they have it in cutscenes (It's also why I don't use alternate skins very often unless the costume's changed in the cutscene as well).
Not to mention my preference for broadswords (I usually stick to Rebellion anyway)
and, I dunno but taking Ebony and Ivory out just didn't sit well with me.

Last edited:

Gray Knight

Well due to my lack of experience I always want a weapon I've got a good feel on to fall back on after experimenting. My preferred load out it Rebellion, Beowulf, the shotgun as well as ebony and ivory.

chubbz98

im a grown man Afraid to play dmc 1 at night
...separated yourself from Rebellion and Ebory & Ivory in your first playthroughs at the Divinity Stuatues, or before a mission?

I remember I didn't for several runs. It just felt... wrong. You know. Dante without his signature weapons... I just felt like "Hell no!".

Obviously later, as I kept learning the game's mechanics, I tried different loadouts excluding Rebellion and the twin pistols, to experiment and try out the plethora of combos and approaches the game offers.

What about you?
not having them feels weird just thinking about it

aoshi

I changed rebeliion immediately after finding agni and rudra. But for guns i always carry ebony and ivory as they give valuable air-time.

My preferred combination was Agni & rudra and beowulff, ebony and ivory and kalina-ann and swordmaster style. My fav mission is mission 12 since it grants full DT though it eats away life slowly.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
there's a reason Dante always has rebellion save for DMC1
it's got a damn good move list

as for ebony and ivory not shooting when using free ride just feels wrong
like i'm not doing it right

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I always ended up going with a rather unorthodox loadout. I love Rebellion, don't get me wrong, but my main loadout as of right now is

Devil Arms: Agni and Rudra + Beowulf
Firearms: Artemis + Spiral

I use Gunslinger style.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It...really depends on the mission. I feel weird without Rebellion and E&I, but I do switch them out for certain bosses. Like Leviathan's heart and lungs (I go Nevan and Agni and Rudra for that because of the air time). But, yeah...like almost everyone else, I feel like I need to keep Rebellion and E&I on me all the time. XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom