• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Have You Ever Met Anyone In Person Who Was A DMC/DmC Fan?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i know it's a strange question, but to be honest, it's very rare to meet someone who actually is a fan of DMC/DmC. because while devil may cry IS a popular and influential franchise, i don't often meet people who are as into it as i am. so it' always cool when i do. and i end up talking about it endlessly with them.

anyone else have this...or nah...?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yep. At my old college. Quite frankly, that's when I realized I didn't have much to say on the subject. Writing about it isn't so... odd, but having a face to face conversation I find that I have very little to say on the subject.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
back in my senior year of high school, I knew two freshmen girls who liked the classic Devil May Cry, and hated the reboot. They had only ever watched the 2010 TGS trailer and never saw anything about it after that......that is until I showed them the "Public Enemy" trailer of captivate 2012 and suddenly they started to like it. I don't know how they feel about it now though.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Rather sadly none beacuse most of mine classmates on time when i started interest on DMC had more interesting subject that agravated me as i been even in schools i attended only gamer so fan people i meeted later online than in real life

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was in an anime club in college so I met a lot of people who knew of DMC.

Most of them were against the reboot and some were fans of it. Some were neutral like this one guy who didn't like it but thought it made sense since Dante didn't feel like a character who could hold a series anymore. To him even if they did do more with the classic games they would have to use Nero/Vergil/someone new instead of Dante.

So there were some good convos.

My best friend borrowed my original copy of DmC and liked it, thinking the story was as good as heavenly sword.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
My bud liked DMC1 but never managed to beat DMC3. I showed him my DmC copy and he was very hyped about it, so I sold it to him. He than told me that he don't knows how high profile writer Alex Garland could be associated with something like this and that game was very mediocre. I think he sold it too >_>

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yep, I've met a few (and know a few). Becky and Becky came over for a holiday here so I picked them up and we had butter chicken for dinner. Becky was a member on here back then.
Our friends who relocated not too long ago are also into DMC. Hubby told them how I'd hunted high and low, everywhere we went, for DMC4, and our friend was like 'oh yeah, devil may cry is cool, she should totally get into that'. Which I did. Then I borrowed their PS2 and DMC3:SE, too.
Did we ever sit down and play it together or fangasm about it? Ehhhh, no. We're supposed to be adults, and all that.:bored:

-edit-
I did go all out gamergirl on them one day when they came over for a BBQ. I was playing Bayonetta through and was nearing the final stages so I just said 'hi, sorry, I gotta clock this game today' and continued playing.
Still not sorry I did it.

Reactions: Jak

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
It's interesting but, yeah, I have.

My close personal friends and I used to do Devil May Cry parties when we were younger. I'm the only one who probably remained a hardcore fan, but they are a part of why that's true. Whenever I play the games I think of them. They're on the opposite end of the continent from me now.

I guess I am commenting here to share that detail. It was not just one person, it was many people and this fandom was something we shared and that's a memory I'll always treasure.

Top Bottom