• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest DMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I fancied goin back and trying to complete it on DMD, ive never actualy attempted DMD but ive heard its hardest in the first, would anyone agree and is there any tips or hints i should be aware of?

EDIT:like a tip for beating Shadows :\

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think so, although I'm not sure if it is just an illusion created by Dante's slow moves; the enemies tend to move quite slowly too in this game. He runs like he's negotiating a sea of toffee and you have to time his moves accordingly. It's definitely hardest if you move from playing one of the other games on DMD to DMC1 DMD because you'll be used to being fast.

Beating shadows isn't so hard unless there are two of them in a very cramped space and you can't see... in that case get used to their repertoire. They will attack based on what you do to them and how far away you are when you do it, but they do like to cycle through stab, flying axe and bite moves one after another sometimes. You just have to be patient on DMD with them I reckon, it takes more time but you don't wanna get hit so get familiar with how long they are open to attack for and all that. Know that after about four or five slashes of the core they will start trying to skewer you so jump away rather than try pushing it unless you're in a confidently large room. Those shadows in the small corridor and judge staff room were a total pain.

Oh, I also hear that the Nightmare B works well on shadows.

SpawnShooter

Thanks very much that will come in handy ^_^ one other thing as well i kinda neglect my devil powers (vortex etc...) would you say there worth it or just keep to the normal combos?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think inferno and the vortex thing works quite well (It's been a while since I played) but the good thing is that you can jump in and do them quick and then get away again fast. I know that if you're in a large room, doing stingers and combos on the shadow's core will push it back physically so the skewer things shouldn't actually reach you, but you have to hit it constantly to keep it moving. If you can't do that in a room because of its size or because its hard to see, I wouldn't risk it.

I actually love fighting shadows. Fight them a few times and you know what they can do and you'll get used to them. They're one of the few enemies that can be a challenge in pairs but that is usually again only because of problems with camera view and being able to see what they're up to. Abuse that dodge button. ;)

SpawnShooter

BOOM!!! *rides in on chariot pulled by shadows*

Thanks again Lexy, i think with those tips i should have a better time taming these beasts :) i never even thought to just run past them in the tight corridors :lol: when i just see them im usual frozen with fear:\ i cant wait until two, that will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom