• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gunslinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Just for fun I wanted to se how this played if I challenged myself a little, so since I like to use swords so much I decided to go thru the game using only my guns.

WoW the guns are overpowered in this game, and you get a few good moves that prolly should have been in DMC3.

I think the gunplay(If overpowered) Was the best in this game.o_O

Gunslinger55

I'd have to disagree that the gunplay was at its best in 2. The rate of fire didn't feel as fast as it did in DMC 1 (And in the games after 2 for that matter), especially when you were moving backwards and shooting, which also gave the sense that the developers were watching Desperado one too many times.

Personally, I though DMC 3 had the best gunplay, though I wish that Ebony & Ivory were a bit stronger.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
DanteTheDevil;165054 said:
Uh. No, Ebony&Ivory are perfect in DMC3.

^Yhea ebony and ivory are perfect, but this game does the other guns better.

You can use one of the handguns in your off hand when using the shotgun, you can fire the rocket launcher while jumping, and don't even get me started on how awesome the dual submachine guns where.^_^

Spardatm said:
In DMC2, the sword basically plays the role of a luggage.

I know, your sword skills are limited, but I learned that if you move the stick in different ways he does different things, one of the moves is a cool shock wave thing.

But other than that, all rebellion does is look cool on your back.

Gunslinger55

DanteTheDevil;165054 said:
Uh. No, Ebony&Ivory are perfect in DMC3.

Meh, I kinda thought Ebony&Ivory were done better in DMC 1. Not too strong, not to weak. As much fun as I have using them, E&I felt really weak in DMC 3 and 4, IMO.

Keaton

Premium
Black Angel;165253 said:
They felt VERY weak in DMC4

I agree, DMC2 E+I were massivly overpowered. The guns were the most superior weapon and made the game incredibly easy.

Whereas, in DMC4 more emphasis is made on the Melee Weapons, rendering E+I a very weak weapon.

In DMC3 I found they they were balanced perfectly, enough bite to do the job, but not too overpowered so I reply on them too often ^_^

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
i wouldnt know bc im always all about the swords. I never even use the guns bc the ydont do the job fast enough for me.:D So they seem useless to many most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom