• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GTA IV Already Slated

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems Rockstar never shy away from the controversy spotlight and they have already been slated by NYC officials and New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly. New York officials are already voicing their disdain for the game and saying the similarities are only cosmetic. They have said...

New York mayor Michael Bloomberg said:
The mayor does not support any video game where you earn points for injuring or killing police officers

New York police commissioner Raymond Kelly said:
It's despicable to glamorize violence in games like these, regardless of how far-fetched the setting may be.

Dark Drakan

Admin
SpArAda1127;29428 said:
ok soooooooo this means?

New York police chief and mayor are basically having a go at Rockstar for portraying New York in a bad way and say that games like GTA shouldnt be allowed to be made.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
hahaha... mardy gits! a level of resistance: fall of man is nottingham but i don't see my house infested with chimera!

Dark Drakan

Admin
pinky750;30466 said:
hahaha... mardy gits! a level of resistance: fall of man is nottingham but i don't see my house infested with chimera!

GTA has always been a game thats under the media spotlight and always will be, also when Manhunt 2 comes out i can imagine the stories and views of people...

They just need to lay off games and stop talking things so seriously and blaming games for problems in society.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
it's only the minority of complete retards that re-enacted games. i mean, how thick do you have to be to do that?

Dark Drakan

Admin
pinky750;30486 said:
it's only the minority of complete retards that re-enacted games. i mean, how thick do you have to be to do that?

Not just thick people its people that are already mentally disturbed that see blaming games as the easy way out and the media spotlight then jumps on the games instead of the psycho individual.

Dark Drakan

Admin
pinky750;30566 said:
yeah... sad really...

Just any excuse to take heat of them and also seems people just want any excuse to blame violent games and movies for anything.

Dark Drakan

Admin
pinky750;30579 said:
but there good for sress relief. they should be used in therapy.:p

Id agree, nothing better when ive had a bad day than to come home and kill things in a game... the more brutal ways the better.

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
:lol: people are and always have been dumb. No matter what..

But it's not like they're taking facial scans of all of the NY police department and putting them in the game or something.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sephiroxas;30681 said:
:lol: people are and always have been dumb. No matter what..

But it's not like they're taking facial scans of all of the NY police department and putting them in the game or something.

Seems like the world cant seperate harmless video game fun from a madman on streets with a weapon and seem to think that playing games like this MAKES people do that which is not true.

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
Video games do not infuence peoples behavior, maybe their imagination but not their behavior.;) ^_^

And tru i dont know why they are getting offended its not like their in the game:lol: :p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lady_0989;30687 said:
Video games do not infuence peoples behavior, maybe their imagination but not their behavior.;) ^_^

Correct and if someone imagination causes them to go out and kill someone then they are already messed up in the head and if a game triggers it that just means anything could have. A game/music track/movie... anything...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I can't say I'm a big GTA fan but they're taking this too far.I mean it's a game (not to mention that the police are, overall, a bunch of incompetents anyway) If they're going to sanction violent video games then they walk the edge of the razor to being the next Hitler esque megalomaniac government.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
The Phantarch;30761 said:
I can't say I'm a big GTA fan but they're taking this too far.I mean it's a game (not to mention that the police are, overall, a bunch of incompetents anyway)

LOL!!! i agree with that whole sentance!

Top Bottom