God of War: Ascension

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by chocolateghost79, Apr 19, 2012.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. GamblingGambitCloud

GamblingGambitCloud LoD Come Back!!!

Trophies:
    Chains of Olympus was before he was a god...i keep hearing different rumors, either this is before Chains or after it and before GoW1. I hope it's before all of them. I want to see his family alive and see him be a Spartan General. Fighting the Persians or maybe the Athenians in what's bound to be the Peloponnesian War. I'd like that. And then the real GoWIV can got to Norse or whatever, I don't car...I wanna see some Achilles and Odysseus...Some Agamemnon (I know, I'm talking about the Trojan War). But any of those can be used and would make interesting story. Hell, all of them into one massive game where Kratos is general. That would be a badass GoW game. We don't need Ares or Athena for this. He can fight ****tons of other monsters and battles. And it would be fun!

The multiplayer points to Peloponnesian War since they talk about Spartans Vs Athenians, but we'll see
    VampireWicked likes this.
  2. VampireWicked

VampireWicked No Power In The 'Verse Can Stop Me.

Trophies:
    [image temporarily removed]
    Sony Santa Monica has posted a look at the Elephantaur – a Minotaur hybrid – which you will be fighting in God of War: Ascension. Apparently, inspiration for the anthropomorphic elephant originated with God of War III, but the idea was scrapped. Add in the fact that Izzy, its concept artist, was once bullied by an elephant in Thailand, and you have yourself a monster you can hack and slash in order to exact revenge for Izzy. Or just because that’s what Kratos would do anyway.
    God of War: Ascension is out in 2013.
    [scroll] :melons::69osoms: CLICK THE LINK 4 MORE :69osoms1::melons: [/scroll]
    Elephantaur

[image temporarily removed]

[image temporarily removed]​
  3. Dante24516

Dante24516 Hey

Trophies:
    new story, new combat , new weapon, new characters
  4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. ROCKMAN X

ROCKMAN X Keyser Söze

Trophies:
    Its going to be a prequel or what ? Because i thought Chains of Olympus was a prequel
  6. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    I think it's a prequel, a side story like filler between Chains of Olympus & GodOfWar maybe.
  7. ROCKMAN X

ROCKMAN X Keyser Söze

Trophies:
    I don't get it how can be there a filler for a Prequel ? :blink: Its like making a prequel for DMC 3 this never happened in the history of gaming !

We have :-

Gow Ascension ?? Preprequel LOL wut ?

Gow Coo(Prequel)
    Gow 1
    GoS(Filler)
    Gow2(directly pickup after GoS)
    Gow3(directly pickup after God2)
  8. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    lol Well there's a 1st for everything.

Ok here's what i've found

The story behind God of War: Ascension tells the journey of Kratos’ redemption from his past sins and the rise of his rage to break free from Ares' bond. According to the official God of War: Ascension website, the game is set six months after Kratos murdered his wife and child.
    So this is before GodOfWar chains of olympus. I guess they're going backwards, so it's possible they're could be another GodOfWar that takes place before Ascension where he is purely a spartan & he's family is still alive.
    lol A prequel to a prequel to a prequel.
  9. VampireWicked

Trophies:

God of War: Ascension was the recipient of a new gamescom trailer today, and the firm also announced it will be launching a global multiplayer beta for the game in the near future.
    It will be made available exclusively at first to PS Plus subscribers with a “few other secret inroads.”

Players will “pledge your allegiance” to one of four Gods: Zeus, Hades, Ares and Poseidon. Each God will offer a unique combat play-style and abilities in battle. The “attack-style” of the God players align with will effect the each Warriors’ “path.”

Players will unlock special magic abilities, new and upgraded armors and weapons, mystical relics and other treasures as they earn XP to lev
    God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta
  10. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    Players will unlock special magic abilities, new and upgraded armors and weapons, mystical relics and other treasures as they earn XP to level up their Warrior.

Each multiplayer map and gameplay mode will have a variety of objectives and interactive multi-leveled environments.

More information is available through the PS Blog.

God of War: Ascension is out in March 2013 for PS3.
  11. VampireWicked

Trophies:

God of War: Ascension developers Sony Santa Monica has showed off one of the enemies Kratos will face when the game releases next year.
    The Furies, female chthonic deities of vengeance, are “bound to Hell” in the game due to seeking retribution for only those the sisters “deemed guilty.” They hold in their hands a contract with Kratos which bounds his life with that of Ares – and we all know how that turned out in the first game.

At any rate, they are unhappy with the fact Kratos has broken the contract and his off doing his own bidding; therefore, they are seeking retribution and only his death will suffice, apparently.
    Furies
  12. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    God of War: Ascension will release March 12 in North America, March 13 in Europe, March 14 in Australia and New Zealand, and March 15 in the UK.
  13. GamblingGambitCloud

Trophies:
    fighting furies...weak...kratos needs some more titan action..or some ****ing achilles, bellerophron, and jason action...he needs to fight odysseus through scylla and charybdis...he needs to take down the sphynx...come on SCEA:SM
  14. Agility

Agility "Known"

Trophies:
    Can't get hype for this game either.
  15. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    I feel kinda the same, & it's odd seeing the furies full armor where as a normal GodOfWar game they'd be topless.
    I guess Sony Santa Monica is toning down more then Kratos don't give a crap attitude. It's like MortalKombat toning down the fatalities.
    Worked well for DC vs MortalKombat right.
    GamblingGambitCloud likes this.
  16. GamblingGambitCloud

Trophies:
    if they tone this game down, i'm out...it will be the first God of War game I haven't played....they need to keep it as brutal and badass as it has been...if they want to change that, i'm not gonna play it
  17. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    I agree with some of that.
    Keep him the killing machine he is but let him use that peanut of a brain he has once & awhile.
    When it comes to innocent people an option of mercy would be a nice addition for some scenes instead of the attitude of lets burn it all while i wait for the world to end.

I think Sony Santa Monica is trying to do that but also toning down everything else as well.
    If they reduce the nudity, gory, ruthlessly killing hated enemies then GodOfWar becomes just another action adventure title.
    GodOfWar Kratos still can be ruthless & brutal & show mercy to innocent people & use his brain to.
  18. GamblingGambitCloud

Trophies:
    i agree, however, i just don't see that in his personality...he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to show any mercy at all...people are a means to an end to him
  19. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    Very true however Kratos is merciful towards those he cares about which was pandora in GodOfWar3 & maybe a few others in passed titles.

To me he's a blunt instrument that's upset over the death of his family which he killed so he turns on the very gods he was a lackie for & in the process kills everything in his path because he is so blinded by hatred & desperate for revenge he excepts help from athena & still doesn't realise he is her sock puppet of destruction.

Giving Kratos common sense & the ability to to show mercy to those that aren't a threat would be welcome in a serious that plays pretty much the since the 1st title.
    Have it where Kratos would if your not in my way & you can't be useful then why bother with you, instead of going out of his way just how ruthless he can be.
  20. GamblingGambitCloud

Trophies:
    well i mean, in GoS, when he was in Sparta he didn't hurt anyone
  21. VampireWicked

Trophies:
    Well you can see the changes in Kratos as it went along.
    I never played a full PSP GodOfWar game but from PS2 to the PS3 GodOfWar 3 as he gotten closer towards getting his revenge you can see his level of brutality & bluntness increase.
    He was brutal in previous GodOfWars but GodOfWar 3 was like letting loose a kid in a candy store, so i can somewhat see a more tame Kratos in Ascension but i don't think everything should follow.

GamblingGambitCloud likes this.