• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

God of War: Ascension

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
if they tone this game down, i'm out...it will be the first God of War game I haven't played....they need to keep it as brutal and badass as it has been...if they want to change that, i'm not gonna play it

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I agree with some of that.
Keep him the killing machine he is but let him use that peanut of a brain he has once & awhile.
When it comes to innocent people an option of mercy would be a nice addition for some scenes instead of the attitude of lets burn it all while i wait for the world to end.
I think Sony Santa Monica is trying to do that but also toning down everything else as well.
If they reduce the nudity, gory, ruthlessly killing hated enemies then GodOfWar becomes just another action adventure title.
GodOfWar Kratos still can be ruthless & brutal & show mercy to innocent people & use his brain to.
i agree, however, i just don't see that in his personality...he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to show any mercy at all...people are a means to an end to him

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Very true however Kratos is merciful towards those he cares about which was pandora in GodOfWar3 & maybe a few others in passed titles.
To me he's a blunt instrument that's upset over the death of his family which he killed so he turns on the very gods he was a lackie for & in the process kills everything in his path because he is so blinded by hatred & desperate for revenge he excepts help from athena & still doesn't realise he is her sock puppet of destruction.
Giving Kratos common sense & the ability to to show mercy to those that aren't a threat would be welcome in a serious that plays pretty much the since the 1st title.
Have it where Kratos would if your not in my way & you can't be useful then why bother with you, instead of going out of his way just how ruthless he can be.
well i mean, in GoS, when he was in Sparta he didn't hurt anyone

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

Oh, why can't zeus played like that when he battled kratos during god of war 3? He would totally beat the crap out of him.
Of course because kratos is the main protagonist after all.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Oh, why can't zeus played like that when he battled kratos during god of war 3? He would totally beat the crap out of him.
Of course because kratos is the main protagonist after all.

Also why didn't he use his gauntlet in Gow 3 ? he uses it in GoS maybe he gave it to someone else

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The way God Of War is i consider items lost.
The time between God Of War 3 & God Of War Ghost of sparta he could've lost them in a battle or they've could've been broken by something really powerful. Or just couldn't handle the power used by Zesus & cracked or shattered.

Considering Zeus doesn't fight by himself he must've given it to someone else and i hardly doubt that it can crack so easily without a battle that intense like kratosVsZeus

It would've made Zeus boss fights much more cooler IMO Zeus charging up energy balls and then getting shattered by Cestus would've been awesome instead he was just like his GOW 2 Counterpart

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Remember Kronos.
He could've fought Kronos or some other titan.

And who knows, maybe it's money sucking downloadable content for later.
I don't think he had to he already has 100% control over Kronos
i think that he gave it to his warriors or worshipers

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

There is definitely some mildly improvements in the combat but i still find it generic. I hope it would prove me wrong though.

NoctisVI

Can't wait to play this game, graphics are gonna be wonderful. I'm waiting for this one and Metal Gear Rising as well.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well maybe in the actual game you'll see Kratos being more merciful, show an emotion other then rage.
Maybe he'll save someone.

I think it's so interesting about Kratos. Wasn't said that hercules is the one that killed his own family because he was driven mad?

Yes i did see that when that person in the prison was killed kratos seemed to be shocked.. i guess he'll show emotions...

Btw have you see this commercial ??

It picks "Right after" he killed his family so he's imprisoned in furies's prison.. and he has to kill them i guess this game maybe the only game where he doesn't end up killing a God.

So GOW Chains of olympus takes after this

Top Bottom