• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games that still hold up

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is the thread where you post the games that can hold up to this day with more than justy pure nostalgia

For me?
Dead Rising

For it's kick ass gameplay, awesome story, and relatable protagonist
frank_west1.jpg

Maxman

*Sighs*
So Easy for Me, Max Payne 1 and 2
Spider-Man 2
The Original Spider-Man PSX Game developed by Neversoft
Ultimate Spider-Man

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Zone of The Enders, 2nd Runner (or Anubis if you prefer).

Downloaded the standalone HD version the other day from PSN. Soooo much orbital frame goodness.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
For me Silver (from 1999 I believe) for PC and Dreamcast is one of the best games ever,
sure it has a cliche story, and only the background graphics still hold up but the gameplay is one of a kind on the PC.
To bad I'm unable to actually get this thing to work under windows 7...

aoshi

The Hulk game for PC. It was one of the best games i've played on PC. My first taste of a video-game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I play more older games than anything else because for the most part they are still legitimately better than most current gen stuff.

I'm currently replaying again one of my favorite games of all time Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario 64. Those games still do things that current gen can't. And of course I'm still in love with my PS2 which is actually probably my favorite console of all time along with the N64 and SNES. So many good games were on that thing. I love it.

Old school still rules. Any day of the freaking week hands down.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
mario and yoshi on the snes ftw and donkey kong and mario kart wahey and goldeneye on the n64 what more do you need

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I play more older games than anything else because for the most part they are still legitimately better than most current gen stuff. Old school still rules. Any day of the freaking week hands down.
Ha-yup.

Also, Ninja Gaiden, the Megaman Zero series, Symphony of the Night (and its six offshoots), Strider NES (just my personal preference, relax -- it's Ninja Gaiden + Metroid, which is what I've always wanted), and any other 2D sidescrolling hack n' slash game that suits my tastes.

Special mention to Dust: An Elysian Tail and Muramasa. They're almost to my liking, but not quite.

Top Bottom