• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamepad Problems

Darti

Welcome, I have a problem with gamepad configuration in DMC3 (I guess Im not the only one), so:

*I tried to fix it with ControlMK, Xpadder, Gpad but I didnt make it
*I tried to edit DMC3SE.ini file adding my own gamepad and config (Didnt work)
*Gamepad: Speedlink Strike Pad SL-6535
*Version: 1.3

Main problem is lack of Y axis, there exist only X axis which we are controlling by moving left knob up and down. After edition of DMC3SE.ini problem is going to be fixed, but I can control Dante with right knob which makes game unable to play. Any suggestions?

+I installed 1920x1080 resolution but game is opening in window. How can I help it?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think you've already exhausted the options that i would suggest you to do with the gamepad. To be honest, i quited trying to make the PC version of DMC3 work and bought the HD Collection because i was having some weird problems with the game (with my sound card).

And about the window mode, i believe there's one application just to configure things outside the game, do you tried it out?

By the way, good luck, i hope someone here can answer your questions.

Darti

If i remember well, for the first time i used this "HD mod" everything was ok, but I had to reinstall the game and then this stuff showed up and i dont know what changed and how to fix it :c

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Oh, no, i was talking about the HD Collection for both PS3/360 haha. I think i have confused you.

Sadly, PC version of DMC3 is a lazy port and we have to deal with these problems. I think that @OppressedWriter already uploaded some videos with DMC3 running and playing rather ok on PC at first sight. Maybe he can help you with this.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
If i remember well, for the first time i used this "HD mod" everything was ok, but I had to reinstall the game and then this stuff showed up and i dont know what changed and how to fix it :c
Same boat as you. I remember playing DMC3SE on my PS2 controller with no problems, then when I bought DmC I decided to play a bit of 3 and 4, and suddenly my PS2 controller went insane on DMC3. Tried fixing this with X360CE which is what I use on DmC, but to no avail.

If you have a PS3 controller go and download DS3tool - only works with PS3 controllers.
After you set it up (there are guides and I don't remember what you have to do) click PS3 and options
RB4elXv.jpg

sRZxSRb.jpg

As you see on the bottom there is another set of triangle, x, etc. ignore that
pVGXDde.jpg

Swapping the left/right stick puts movement on your left stick. Slide+/- gives you left/right camera control. I couldn't figure out if dial+/- was actually up/down or not, because I couldn't find a spot in the game that let me look up/down even with my KB lol.

DMC on PC just seems to be a pain in general. DmC will crash if you use a PS3 controller without emulating it to a 360 controller, DMC3 swaps your left/right stick (hence the Ry/ Rx - those should be right y/x), DMC4 had me in X360CE for ages sorting out all the problems.

That's the only solution I've found. GL.

Top Bottom