• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally got to watching Legend of Korra....Toph Beifong grew the **** up...<SPOLIERS>

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Well I finally got to watching Legend of Korra and I liked it, though the stupid romance seemed forced and there for no real reason. Aside from that, I had no problems with the series and Korra and Bolin are freaking adorable. Though during those little flashbacks, and we got to see the old gang all grown up.

Damnit, Toph Bei-Fong grew up...who would have guessed. Somewhere in my mind, I automatically assumed that she would be her old self. I have the biggest girl crush on a fictional character right now, you have no freaking idea.

Looks like I have another fictional character to obsess over now...

I just prey that she isn't dead...

But this is just an appreciation post for Toph Bei-fong, and my god...

Toph_chief.png

toph_lok_6570.jpg

tumblr_m5dg3lGFkl1r8bvgto1_500.jpg

Toph-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-31025813-638-569.png

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Toph was my favorite character in the original series hands down. I thought she was so awesome. I've only seen a couple of episodes of Korra so far so I need to catch up. She is dead though in this show. Everyone from the old cast is from what I've seen so far except Katara. Katara if I remember correctly even says it's been depressing watching her friends and family pass away around her.

I have the biggest crush on Korra though. I think she's a very attractive character. The outgoing personality and sometimes she's a little brash. It's cute. Her darker complexion and healthy build along with her hair is also attractive. She's definitely become one of my personal favorite fictional crushes.
korra_by_yy6242-d5asjpn.png

I got a major thing for Korra lol.

BLACKSWIPE

Toph was my favorite character in the original series hands down. I thought she was so awesome. I've only seen a couple of episodes of Korra so far so I need to catch up. She is dead though in this show. Everyone from the old cast is from what I've seen so far except Katara. Katara if I remember correctly even says it's been depressing watching her friends and family pass away around her.

I have the biggest crush on Korra though. I think she's a very attractive character. The outgoing personality and sometimes she's a little brash. It's cute. Her darker complexion and healthy build along with her hair is also attractive. She's definitely become one of my personal favorite fictional crushes.
korra_by_yy6242-d5asjpn.png

I got a major thing for Korra lol.
Ah Toph, the classic days. She was the reason why as a child, I slid my feet all crazy across the ground. And of Korra, I freaking love Korra. She's what TV animated shows NEED nowadays. More strong, independent female characters who don't need a man to save them. We need More girls like Korra and Toph, hell any female character from Avatar is independent. One of the reasons why I still love the show!

That's one of the biggest thing that bothers me about anime nowadays, a good majority of them depict girls as brainless and fragile little things that need the hand of a hotguy to do anything or even be useful to the main plot, or that a male needs to step in at the last moment to save them and look cool. One of the many reasons why I've sort of turned my back on a good majority of anime, I only look for the jems amongst the trashy big eyes and oversized chests.

Now back to Korra, She's the second lady crush that I have. She's pretty, she's strong, and her body type actually makes sense. In anime and other shows, you see a girl acting like a badass on a daily basis and smacking the **** out of people, with little to no training and a body type that makes zero sense. They are so slim and weirdly dainty for a people who fight on a daily basis, Korra however actually has a body that makes sense!! :D. And I love that brass, kind of rude side to her! Gah I could go on and on about this character, her eyes are freaking pretty too!!

The magic of Avatar.
Brings people together and never fails to inspire.

Except for Mako, the only character that I despise.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ah Toph, the classic days. She was the reason why as a child, I slid my feet all crazy across the ground. And of Korra, I freaking love Korra. She's what TV animated shows NEED nowadays. More strong, independent female characters who don't need a man to save them. We need More girls like Korra and Toph, hell any female character from Avatar is independent. One of the reasons why I still love the show!

That's one of the biggest thing that bothers me about anime nowadays, a good majority of them depict girls as brainless and fragile little things that need the hand of a hotguy to do anything or even be useful to the main plot, or that a male needs to step in at the last moment to save them and look cool. One of the many reasons why I've sort of turned my back on a good majority of anime, I only look for the jems amongst the trashy big eyes and oversized chests.

Now back to Korra, She's the second lady crush that I have. She's pretty, she's strong, and her body type actually makes sense. In anime and other shows, you see a girl acting like a badass on a daily basis and smacking the **** out of people, with little to no training and a body type that makes zero sense. They are so slim and weirdly dainty for a people who fight on a daily basis, Korra however actually has a body that makes sense!! :D. And I love that brass, kind of rude side to her! Gah I could go on and on about this character, her eyes are freaking pretty too!!

The magic of Avatar.
Brings people together and never fails to inspire.

Except for Mako, the only character that I despise.
Avatar isn't from Japan so it doesn't really classify under the anime thing. Anime and cartoons are the same exact thing anyway though.

And I agree with that about female characters. It's so easy to make just some pretty character that holds no real substance except to be the eye candy to walk across the screen. I will admit I would find those characters attractive but not in the same sense I find characters like Korra attractive. Korra is pretty with also an attractive personality. A strong developed personality will draw me in more than some girl with big boobs. You got to give those characters that charm you know.

My favorite fictional character crushes in animation are:
-April O Neil (TMNT)
-Bulma(DBZ)
-Jesse (Pokemon)
-Korra
-Rogue(X-Men)
-Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
-Quite a few Disney Princesses (Ariel and Belle the most)
-Harley Quinn (Batman)
-Delia Ketchum (Ash's mom in Pokemon)
-Helen Parr/Mrs. Incredible (The Incredibles) ---I think I got a thing for Milfs lol.
-Demona (Gargoyles, don't judge me. She's got a sexy voice and she became human once and I'm like, you're hot)
-Miss Martian (Young Justice)
-Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Lol. Sorry about the list. I just thought it'd be fun to talk about. Besides Toph you got favorite cartoon crushes?

BLACKSWIPE

Avatar isn't from Japan so it doesn't really classify under the anime thing. Anime and cartoons are the same exact thing anyway though.

And I agree with that about female characters. It's so easy to make just some pretty character that holds no real substance except to be the eye candy to walk across the screen. I will admit I would find those characters attractive but not in the same sense I find characters like Korra attractive. Korra is pretty with also an attractive personality. A strong developed personality will draw me in more than some girl with big boobs. You got to give those characters that charm you know.

My favorite fictional character crushes in animation are:
-April O Neil (TMNT)
-Bulma(DBZ)
-Jesse (Pokemon)
-Korra
-Rogue(X-Men)
-Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
-Quite a few Disney Princesses (Ariel and Belle the most)
-Harley Quinn (Batman)
-Delia Ketchum (Ash's mom in Pokemon)
-Helen Parr/Mrs. Incredible (The Incredibles) ---I think I got a thing for Milfs lol.
-Demona (Gargoyles, don't judge me. She's got a sexy voice and she became human once and I'm like, you're hot)
-Miss Martian (Young Justice)
-Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Lol. Sorry about the list. I just thought it'd be fun to talk about. Besides Toph you got favorite cartoon crushes?
Gah I have so many, though I have a few that I would run off into the sunset with if they were real:

1. Chie Satonoka (Persona 4: The Animation!)
2. Toph
3. Korra
4. Yu Narukami (Persona 4: The Animation!)
5. Azula
6. Bolin
7. Haku (Spirited Away, its more or less his dragon form that I'm obsessed with. I want to have him as a pet.)
8. Shizuru Fujino (Mai-Hime) I ship 8 and 9 so hard...
9. Natsuki Kuga (Mai-Hime)
10. Ty Lee (I ship 10 and 5 so hard)

SO that was my list! What about your OTP's?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Everyone from the old cast is from what I've seen so far except Katara.
I heard Zuko was still around as a diplomat. But that has yet to be seen in the show.

Yep, quite a few are there just for tits, or to give lame guys a sense of power for saving them. I wonder if it's because the majority of Japanese women have small chests, that they make anime females with such large ones. :/

Going back to Avatar, I really like Korra as a female character, and Lin Bei-fong is cool too. I mean, she is Toph's daughter. ^_^ I think Asami might shape up to be another good female character if she's given time to develop.

In the original Avatar, I liked Azula the best. She was strong and intimidating, but the reason for that was because she was emotionally and mentally fragile because of her family life. I guess I liked her because while she was an antagonist, she also got my sympathy for being messed up and fragile at the same time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Gah I have so many, though I have a few that I would run off into the sunset with if they were real:

1. Chie Satonoka (Persona 4: The Animation!)
2. Toph
3. Korra
4. Yu Narukami (Persona 4: The Animation!)
5. Azula
6. Bolin
7. Haku (Spirited Away, its more or less his dragon form that I'm obsessed with. I want to have him as a pet.)
8. Shizuru Fujino (Mai-Hime) I ship 8 and 9 so hard...
9. Natsuki Kuga (Mai-Hime)
10. Ty Lee (I ship 10 and 5 so hard)

SO that was my list! What about your OTP's?
OTPs?

BLACKSWIPE

I heard Zuko was still around as a diplomat. But that has yet to be seen in the show.

Yep, quite a few are there just for tits, or to give lame guys a sense of power for saving them. I wonder if it's because the majority of Japanese women have small chests, that they make anime females with such large ones. :/

Going back to Avatar, I really like Korra as a female character, and Lin Bei-fong is cool too. I mean, she is Toph's daughter. ^_^ I think Asami might shape up to be another good female character if she's given time to develop.

In the original Avatar, I liked Azula the best. She was strong and intimidating, but the reason for that was because she was emotionally and mentally fragile because of her family life. I guess I liked her because while she was an antagonist, she also got my sympathy for being messed up and fragile at the same time.
Azula had one of the greatest downfalls in all of Animated History. I couldn't help but become reminded of Vergil when I went back to watch the last few episodes again. Like Vergil, she is blames her own brother as a way of coping with her madness, she has that same inferiorty complex that Vergil has. Not to mention how she went crazy near the end, confronting her 'imaginary' mother in the same way that Vergil did, exclaiming that he was always her favorite.

I have a feeling that Vergil and Azula would most certainly team up if given the chance.

Oh and you should really read the Avatar Graphic Novels too! They take place after Aang defeats the fire-lord, and its pretty freaking good to. Azula, though crazy, manages to become a semi-good-guy.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I've seen the first season, absolutely loved it and cannot wait for the next ones...
But I really wish they made the gap between Aang and Korra into a series as well, such as how Zuko and Azula work together to find their Mother.....

Top Bottom