• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

few questions about the lore onDMC

how accurate do you believe on how much i know on the lore

• as accurate as possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • somewhat, You still need to work on some of this and there

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • uhh, half is right, and half seems to be made up

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • your off by most of the listings

• Dude, you dont know anything

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
okay i am new at this site and i have a few theories and i want to know so i can correct my self on some of the lore put to gether by the DMC comunity well, were i go

1.) is Nero's Real Father Virgil? and if so Who is the mother?

2.)is Virgil really good and not evil? because i'm confused on that one

3.) what does dante attempt to accomplish by hunting down and killing Demons

4.) Where does the DMC: Anime Series come in?

5.) will there possible be a DMC:5 to tie up the lore?

6.) why was devil may cry:2 so lame compaired to the others

7.) i hear that a DMC movie is in the process of being made,
is that a fact? or is it just another rumor

8.) what does Dante do with all the devil arms that he aquires during the previous games?

9.) how does dante's mother die?

10.) is virgil and dante's mother's death have anything to do with virgils corruption?

11.) in each game it apears that Dante's demon trigger is different, Why is that?
-------------------------------------------------------------
What i do know about the DMC lore

1.) in Devil may cry 4, the 'main' character Nero, has been told numerous somehow being related to sparda 1: barial
2:sanctus (who is called "his holiness" through out the game)
and other people whom i cant remember at this time

2.) Nero has some relation to Virgil, (but doesn't know if thats his father) because he 1: revived the yamato 2: his Devil Trigger form looks like Virgil's Demon trigger or 'Nelo Anglo' and Quotes from the DMC:3 where Virgil says "Power, Give me more power!" during his first Devil Trigger transformation,
and some other stuff that i cant seem to remember than this moment

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i can answer most of your questions....right now....

1. Nero is not related to vergil or Dante...
2. vergil is a good guy in my opinion.
3. dante is attempting to avenge his mother's death by hunting down and killing demons.
4. ok the order is....
Devil may cry 3 manga code 1
Devil may cry 3 manga code 2
Devil may cry 3
Devil may cry
Devil may cry anime
Devil may cry 4
devil may cry 2
5. possilably but who knows.
6. who knows
7. There have been fan-made movies made, but nothing endorsed by capcom.
8. my guess would be that he puts them in some kind of storage room.
9. she was attack and killed by demons on mundus' orders.
10. maybe...
11. ???

Evil Nero

Quentarus;105450 said:
okay i am new at this site and i have a few theories and i want to know so i can correct my self on some of the lore put to gether by the DMC comunity well, were i go

1.) is Nero's Real Father Virgil? and if so Who is the mother?

2.)is Virgil really good and not evil? because i'm confused on that one

3.) what does dante attempt to accomplish by hunting down and killing Demons

4.) Where does the DMC: Anime Series come in?

5.) will there possible be a DMC:5 to tie up the lore?

6.) why was devil may cry:2 so lame compaired to the others

7.) i hear that a DMC movie is in the process of being made,
is that a fact? or is it just another rumor

8.) what does Dante do with all the devil arms that he aquires during the previous games?

9.) how does dante's mother die?

10.) is virgil and dante's mother's death have anything to do with virgils corruption?

11.) in each game it apears that Dante's demon trigger is different, Why is that?
-------------------------------------------------------------
What i do know about the DMC lore

1.) in Devil may cry 4, the 'main' character Nero, has been told numerous somehow being related to sparda 1: barial
2:sanctus (who is called "his holiness" through out the game)
and other people whom i cant remember at this time

2.) Nero has some relation to Virgil, (but doesn't know if thats his father) because he 1: revived the yamato 2: his Devil Trigger form looks like Virgil's Demon trigger or 'Nelo Anglo' and Quotes from the DMC:3 where Virgil says "Power, Give me more power!" during his first Devil Trigger transformation,
and some other stuff that i cant seem to remember than this moment

1. No , the timeline of the DMC games doesn't make it right.

2. Virgil is evil in a sense for looking for more power but he does have feelings for his brother so there is some good inside him.

3. Dante hunts demons because he wants to find the demon that killed his mother and get his revenge.

4. The DMC anime comes in between DMC1 and DMC4.

5. There will be a DMC5 , It just hasn't been confirmed. Plus it could be a sequel or a prequel , all we can do is wait.

6. I personally think that Capcom tryed to put the DMC series into a more gothic theme to fit the setting more. They took out the "fun" feel of a playful Dante and made him more serious (We don't know why) which resulted with a downer with DMC2.

7. Well there's been 2 movie's so far , "Sins Remembered" with actors potraying the characters. The other one is called "Trinitiy of Fates" which is basically just DMC3 cutscenes edited to lok like a movie.

8. We see some devil arms in Dante's shop so I guess he keeps them there.

9. She gets killed by a demon.

10. It has a big impact on both the twins. Dante wished for revenge of his mother by becoming a devil hunter. Virgil said he didnt have the power to save her so he went into the underworld search for the power of his father.

11. In each game , Dante gets stronger ( or weaker depending on the timeline) which results in the release of more of his demonic power. This results in different appearences throughout the games.

I'm not saying my awnsers are right , its just what i know about DMC and my speculations on things.

hope that helped =]

Top Bottom