• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fan Redesign of Kat: any thoughts?

DDutchguy

DmC hype
In this redesign she seems a lot more combat-oriented, which I'm not really against. In-game she pretty much only told Dante where to go and put him in Limbo when needed. I wouldn't have minded her being able to defend herself.

Still, this redesign is a bit too focused on her using magical abilities. Humans are still humans and while spray-canned spells are of course a thing, generally their purpose is for supporting the Nephilim. Time magic and stuff kinda goes against the feeling they were trying to create in DmC, a modern human world enslaved by powerful demons.

The demon parents idea does seem like an interesting one, it could've given the demons more depth besides them being evil.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@DDutchguy
I think it depends how powerful you want humans to be in DmC/DMC because this Kat is closer to Lady who could be a playable character.

I did find it interesting that she's a muslim character which is something I never thought about exploring with DMC.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I did find it interesting that she's a muslim character which is something I never thought about exploring with DMC.
It is interesting since DMC hasn't really touched on human religion much, outside of picking demons from various mythologies.

Viper

Premium
It is interesting since DMC hasn't really touched on human religion much, outside of picking demons from various mythologies.
The reason for that could lie in the fact that their biggest inspiration for DMC was Devilman, which in itself is pretty much just demons vs humanity.
Ancient mythologies and literature are also more inspirational for a fantasy setting then standard religious stuff, with far more recognizable names. Far less likely to cause backlash, too. The anime showed a christian church and DMC4 had obvious inspiration in Vatican and christian liturgies, even though the religion in Fortuna was worshiping a demon, but even if they complained, no one these days would really take them seriously. Now imagine islam in a setting where religion is presented as nothing but fairytales and there are only demon world and human world, no true gods to guard over humans. Too much risk.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@absolitude
really?

@DragonMaster2010 people have been trying to redesign DmC Dante for years so i just thought the artist didnt like Kat or just thought it was a fun excersize. I think people speculated kat was Indian because people mistook the symbol on her head for a bindhi which is a hindu symbol.

@Viper Its true muslims tend to be overprotective of their religion but if the Magnus chase books can get away with having a muslim main characters that the daughter of Loki then DMC/DmC should be fine .

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
really @Z218 , i'd rather they leave the real life connection from the game, especially the main characters, make em pure fictional or just refference, like the church in DmC.. and i mean not just religion, basically certain things should be fictional..

but i don't mind they're using something like dajjal or stuffs like ababil, and they don't need to mention the religion's name

Top Bottom