• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC3 PC controls problem

chroma031

Hey.

Recently picked this game up, and have hit a brick wall with the controls: the (effectively) X & Y buttons on my controller do absolutely nothing in-game, which by default are shoot and melee. Taunt doesn't work on the button it's listed as (M), but does work on Q with default controls.

I've done all the things recommended online: put the xbox 360 controller values into dmc3se.ini, put in the widescreen patch, but I seem to be one of few people to have this kind of problem.

I'm using a PS3 controller through an Xinput wrapper that makes it appear as a 360 gamepad, and it's worked for everything I've put it through until now - and it still seems to be working on some level as I can "change" the controls in the menus to "X & Y", and Y takes me backwards in menus... so the game can see input from there.

Everything else works. I can run around, jump, dash, lock on, etc..

I'm hoping as a fan site someone has run into the issue and has a solution, because it's particularly annoying and renders the game effectively unplayable!

So, can anyone help me out?

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Using an actual 360 gamepad, I tried to configure it to my liking and the trigger buttons wouldn't work. It might just be the buggy port doing that. =/ Bummer.

Top Bottom