• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 remake idea

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had this idea in a different thread but I thought it be cool to remake the game but with a different character filling Dante's role and helping out lucia.

I got the idea from NG as I thought remaking the SNES games from Ryu's Father (JO)'s perspective would be an easier way to try out storytelling than what they did in NG3.

Most people tend to retcon DMC2 as a average day in the office for Dante so I thought of it as a unique way of correcting a wrong and trying out the waters for a spinoff of a different character.

Nero, Vergil and Trish all have a connection to Sparda and they all could have something to teach lucia and it wasnt hard to come up with a reason to go to Dumary Island and fight Arius.

So thoughts?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
YActually DMC2 shouldn't be that hard to redo. It has solid ground for story and enough demon concept to populate it, you're wrong only in one point: Trish isn't connected to Sparda. Not directly.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Innsmouth
I just thought since Dante doesn't really have a huge role in the game, it would have been a good opportunity to test the waters to see if other characters could hold the ground.

Plus two of fan ideas for a sequel (Dante goes insane/Dante goes to hell) could be folded into DMC5 and DMC6 respectively. Yes you could just frame them around DMC2 but it just be easier if you just went from one idea to the other without having to tie them all together.

Trish is more of a spiritual successor true but her own situation mirrors Lucia as they both are clones of someone else so we could develop trish as a character by bouncing her off Lucia.

Devil Player

I'm actually a fan or this idea. It's not that I hated DMC 2 ( in fact, I quite liked it ), BUT the game had no balance.

Enemies die with 3 hits. Lesser demons like the msiras die in 2 hits, once your sword gets all the upgrades. That's absurd for a gam known by combos and a long list of moves. DMC 2 is quite poor in that regard.

However, Capcom's timeline is so messed up now. Thy went from DMC 4 to a reboot ( DmC ). Now they went from the reboot to its definitive version. Then, they'll go to the original timeline by making DMC 4 SE. If they go back to DMC 2 again, it's gonna be strange.

They should have made a remake a long, long time ago. Then again, it seems they pretend that DMC 2 didn't happen, so what should we do?

Kazuki Nanbu

my idea for a DMC 2 remake would be: take the DMC 2 story and expand it greatly, adding Trish, Lady and Nero in the story, Bolvek and Argosax being more important to the DMC lore, and of course Dante should have his personality from DMC1

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If i remade DMC2 i would use DMC4's combat system but keep the medallions for flight etc as upgrades for your dt. I would obviously give it next gen graphics at 60fps but keep dante's outfit from DMC2. I would scrap lucia ,and use either nero or trish as the second character.

With regards to his mood change i would have something happen that caused patty's death , and he never gets over it for not being there and protecting her. However i would not have him silent ,just way less cocky and less of a joking around type.

I would introduce 4's styles inc darkslayer as i would have him take the yamato back from nero and give nero alastor. Nero would start to become powerhungry with yamato and would give it back to Dante.

I would expand the maps and introduce newer better and deadlier enemies and bosses and only keep argosax and tde. I would give dante level 5 styles opening up several new moves for each style while putting wall run and the backflips into trickster. I would also keep majin dt or ddt

I would have nero older and more powerful and able to use a full demon form. The alastor dt from DMC1 to be exact. I would give him at least two styles , one for grapples and the other a swordmaster style deal. I would upgrade his tablehopper aswell allowing a lot more dodging. I would also give him 3 devil arms outside of red queen, and at least two more guns.I would also upgrade the exceed system.

The story would play out that Dante disappears to go figjting in hell killimg demon lords, while he is gone demons think they have free reign and appear everywhere. Nero steps up to kill them all while waiting on dante to return. Dante will then return and together they wipe out the remaining demons. Argosax then shows up and fights nero , nero beats argosax but the despair embodied beats him leaving nero for dead.Then Dante fights and obliterates TDE , the end .

Ixbran

Smashing~
Having a remake of DMC2 would be ideal, they could go about it the way they did DMC3 and DMC4 with a Special Edition. Upgrade the combat style to fit DMC4, give Dante and Lucia an overhaul in terms of combat capabilities. I would also love to see them both get multiple different side weapons, rather than Longer Ranged / Harder Hitting variations of their default styles.

Maybe give Dante back some of his weapons from DMC3 and DMC4, while including new ones for Lucia. I don't think we've ever had a spear type weapon in the series, so maybe giving her a spear as an alt weapon, maybe even a rapier as well. Weapons that focus on speedy wide ranged attacks.

They could also find a way to include Lady and maybe even Nero, alongside Trish, seeing as the game takes place after DMC4. Just give Nero vergils Yamato as its own sword move set, rather than just serving as an activator for his DT. Trish and Lady could just use their DMC4SE fighting styles.

As for the story, I wanna see them flesh out the islands inhabitants. Given the fact that both Matier and Lucia are voiced by french voice actresses, the island is obviously meant to be based off France. So I would love to see a more Paris-esq design when it comes to the building environments, and maybe even have more NPC's show up. I also think it would be interesting if we could bring in the Holy Order from DMC4 and maybe have a subplot of them trying to go after Lucia. Her angelic Devil Trigger would obviously catch the eyes of a few remaining loyal members.

Last edited:

Nightmare Omni

I'd love a remake of DMC2 or an SE.

New and improved Enemies.

More Detailed Locations with new Interior Areas to balance things out a bit.

give the Secretaries a different fighting style to Lucia. Why would they know how to fight when not raised and taught in the same way?
Never made sense.

New Items.
New Weapons.
Devil Arms.

Populate the Island. It was too empty.

Cars on the streets to destroy.
Market Stalls.

Top Bottom