• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Special Edition

NeloAndJello

Devil May Cry is approaching it's 15 year anniversary and with Capcom cashing in on remasters of old games it makes sense to see a DMC SE in the near future, so I compiled a list of some ideas for the new game, I would appreciate some of your guys' as well.

• More Difficulties: LDK, HOH, HAH, GMD as well as some new difficulty or something.
  • More Costumes: DMC3 Dante, Reboot Dante, Vergil ColorScheme as well as some others.
  • New Playable Characters: Trish, Vergil, Nero, People like that as playable characters would be cool af.
  • FULL 1080p 60fps: Not like HDC where it was 1/2 HD 1/2 not. Full HD Menus, and Cutscenes.
  • Lock-On Display & Switch Targets: Like in 2 and beyond.
  • On-The-Fly Weapon Switching: Kind of Like 4 but with all the weapons.
  • SS & SSS Combos: SS = Supremely Stylish SSS = Supremely Stylish Style (or something better)
  • Full Subtitles: On all the characters not just the demons.
Put your ideas below!

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Devil May Cry is approaching it's 15 year anniversary and with Capcom cashing in on remasters of old games it makes sense to see a DMC SE in the near future, so I compiled a list of some ideas for the new game, I would appreciate some of your guys' as well.

• More Difficulties: LDK, HOH, HAH, GMD as well as some new difficulty or something.
  • More Costumes: DMC3 Dante, Reboot Dante, Vergil ColorScheme as well as some others.
  • New Playable Characters: Trish, Vergil, Nero, People like that as playable characters would be cool af.
  • FULL 1080p 60fps: Not like HDC where it was 1/2 HD 1/2 not. Full HD Menus, and Cutscenes.
  • Lock-On Display & Switch Targets: Like in 2 and beyond.
  • On-The-Fly Weapon Switching: Kind of Like 4 but with all the weapons.
  • SS & SSS Combos: SS = Supremely Stylish SSS = Supremely Stylish Style (or something better)
  • Full Subtitles: On all the characters not just the demons.
Put your ideas below!
Devil May Cry 5... that is all.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I don't see them touching 1,2 or 3 unless it was a full on remake. They're too old to go back and add that much content on outdated games like the orginal 3 DMC's. Especially with how 1 plays unless they did a full on remake of DMC Capcom isn't going to do anything but maybe release the entire series in some Japan exclusive limited anniversary set. If anything I think Capcom should go back and totally remake 2 and actually connect it with the other games there's alot of untouched potential but seeing how DMC 2 is the disappointment of the family Capcom will probably never touch it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
DMC1 remade on 4's MT Framework Engine would be amazing. Seeing Mallet Island's stunning castle backdrop and Gothic interiors rendered in full HD...I'm not one to swoon like an infatuated young girl, but...

How it would play is another story. I'm not certain if it should retain the original game's gameplay...most people find it outdated by today's standards.

WolfOD64

In my opinion, I don't think it should.
In fairness, the best thing that Capcom could do would to roll up their uncreative sleeves and make an honest-to-God sequel.

But with Resident Evil 2's remake announced, and RE6, RE5, RE4, and DMC4 being re-released on next-gen consoles, I doubt Capcom's in a state of creative genius at the moment. Quick money seems to be the game they're playing.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Devil May Cry 5... that is all.

The OP wants us to discuss ideas for a possible DMC: SE. Therefore saying that you want a DMC 5 or nothing, or for those saying they probably won't make this -- This is just for fun, and to share ideas etc.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I can second your ideas except the playable characters. I mean Trish would make sense I guess, she's in the story, but Vergil, Nero...?

Seconded. Nero wouldn't fit, in my opinion. I suppose with Vergil they could do some pre-DMC storyline where Vergil eventually ends up facing Mundus.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I can second your ideas except the playable characters. I mean Trish would make sense I guess, she's in the story, but Vergil, Nero...?

Seconded. Nero wouldn't fit, in my opinion. I suppose with Vergil they could do some pre-DMC storyline where Vergil eventually ends up facing Mundus.

I think the OP meant them as non-canon appearances for fun rather than canon story heavy campaigns.

WolfOD64

Don't forget the worst thing ever: inverted controls.
Those flight sections....
original.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nope, absolutely hate them, one thing I gotta give DMC3, DMC4, DmC, and even DMC2 praise about.

Well, DMC 2 also had underwater sections. I think it would have been cool if the controls weren't crappy, and it was executed better overall.

Top Bottom