• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC "Deserved Better"

SoulSolus

Well I'm just gonna leave my two cents and say, thanks to DmC, I was able to get into 4SE and 3 when a long time ago I just could not get a grasp on either (Especially 3). I felt like DmC was some great training wheels and given a sequels could ascend to the next level of gameplay mechanics and challenge/design.

Soul steeler

Demon king of sleep
The first ever devil my cry game I played was 3...I love that game, and that Dante. After 3 I moved on to DMC1, then 2, then 4. I believe I'm one of the few who actually liked dante from 2 though he wasn't my favorite (sweet coat).

When they announced DmC I was ecstatic! A new devil may cry! I saw the trailer...and where alot of people became ****ed I became interested. "Oh, it's a reboot? Hm I wonder what changes they'll make" I didn't much care about the changes to dante...well, because he changes every game lol.

In 3 he was cocky...but dante did a lot of growing up.

In 1 he was still cocky...but he melowed out quite a lot

In 4 he was very...overly flashy, much more of a show off

In 2 he was all grown up...even more of a badass than sparda

In DmC...he was lost, sure his character development was a bit shoddy, but it was still good. His personality was a blend of 3, 4, and (sort of) 1.

As for the older DMC's, I loved em all, but DmC didn't fall short for me as a fan. I loved the game just as much as it's predecessors! The battle system was updated...but not to the point of being uncomfortable (in fact it was very comfortable lol). The visuals were amazing (loved looking around limbo). The story was a bit...eh but it had a bit of depth that I only ever saw in DMC 1.

I do believe they should continue with the classic series...but I also believe DmC got a bad rep from fans, and media alike. It was a good game, and a good devil may cry. Even though it'll likely never happen, I'd be overjoyed to see a DmC2!

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Too bad Capcom can't have two Devil May Cry universes at the same time, make sequels to both the original and DmC in between when the other is being made considering Capcom could work on the original and NT could work on DmC. I wouldn't mind two DMC/DmC universes, it's not like DmC didn't make Capcom money and it has it's own fan base that seems to be fairly large, obviously not as large as the DMC fan base but it's respectable.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
erm, DMC fanbase in general not that big. And if you imply DmC fan base is even smaller, its nothing to be proud of. DMC isn't RE that sells millions regardless of how poor games are.

Triggerpigking

erm, DMC fanbase in general not that big. And if you imply DmC fan base is even smaller, its nothing to be proud of. DMC isn't RE that sells millions regardless of how poor games are.
From what i've been told it still sold pretty decently, and i think people would be more open to it now if they knew the original series is continuing.
Plus one big thing that company's never think about(and this always ****es me off) is that the fanbase for these games usually tend to be pretty dedicated, small but dedicated, unless they **** in the fanbases cornflakes they are pretty much gonna make a profit on it, just as long as they don't fling money at the project moronically.
I'm totally behind the idea of both continuing, DmC should have been a different series with a different name and maybe it'll cause some confusion for new fans but I think they could still make it work as two different series.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Too bad Capcom can't have two Devil May Cry universes at the same time, make sequels to both the original and DmC in between when the other is being made considering Capcom could work on the original and NT could work on DmC. I wouldn't mind two DMC/DmC universes, it's not like DmC didn't make Capcom money and it has it's own fan base that seems to be fairly large, obviously not as large as the DMC fan base but it's respectable.
And Capcom has run parallel versions of their flagship games many times---Street Fighter and Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man and Mega Man X, for instance.

They could just as easily do it for DMC and DmC, but only time will tell if they choose to do so.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
what people forget to add that all parallel universes existences happened in past tense and capcom simply don't gives a damn about something that wont bring tons of gold for them.

SoulSolus

A little off topic, but man ya RE after RE5 (and even RE5 itself rlly... even though I played it extensively) were letdowns, they forgot any sense of horror. Ironically the best part of RE5 was that bonus mission (can't remember if it was DLC or something) where ur in the mansion, if all of RE could have been like that, wowowow.

Back to DmC though, ya I mean both games didn't do terribly, I'd buy both just like how when I saw the DMC4SE and DmCDE bundle on XBL I was like hell ya :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
A little off topic, but man ya RE after RE5 (and even RE5 itself rlly... even though I played it extensively) were letdowns, they forgot any sense of horror. Ironically the best part of RE5 was that bonus mission (can't remember if it was DLC or something) where ur in the mansion, if all of RE could have been like that, wowowow.

Back to DmC though, ya I mean both games didn't do terribly, I'd buy both just like how when I saw the DMC4SE and DmCDE bundle on XBL I was like hell ya :p
RE is probably pretty much lost its identity and i don't think it will gain it again. I liked RE5 and REV1 but thats it from modern REs.
Personally I don't think Capcom will make anything Devil May Cry related in nearest future and I suspect it ends as Onimusha.

Soul steeler

Demon king of sleep
RE is probably pretty much lost its identity and i don't think it will gain it again. I liked RE5 and REV1 but thats it from modern REs.
Personally I don't think Capcom will make anything Devil May Cry related in nearest future and I suspect it ends as Onimusha.
Devil may cry 5 has practically been confirmed

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
what some people fail to realise (and probably never will) that adding easy difficulty in some games defeats purpose of the game. If game is movie like it doesnt really matter. But if its games like Dark Souls, what point to add mode that allows running whole game in 30 mins without any effort, because people are to lazy or unwilling to learn that what purpose of it? Go watch whole thing on YT. It really makes game pointless and with that games like this gonna be erased and replaced by streamlined movie games. But than again its not like Sterling didn't released almost same point about "how censorship wouldnt ruin everything"….well thats right before mass censorship stroke games cancelling overseas games and heavily censoring some of versions of them.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
@Deathstroke lets for example say what if DMC 3 had a super easy difficulty were you can't die
that IMO would not be the same experience that DMC 3 was supposed to be

when i first played the game each time i fought Vergil he kicked my ass
but i never gave up i fought him over and over and got better at the game

i had so much fun with how challenging Vergil was that when i beat the game i seriously felt sad that he had to go
me and Dante both were sad that his brother fell in to the demon world and that we would never see him again

If i played DMC3 on a difficultly where i couldn't die that would remove so much of the emotion i had from that fight

its not that i don't want less skilled players to beat the game
it's that i want new players to have the same experience i had and know Vergil the same way i do
they can do that if they never lose when they fight him

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Deathstroke lets for example say what if DMC 3 had a super easy difficulty were you can't die
that IMO would not be the same experience that DMC 3 was supposed to be

when i first played the game each time i fought Vergil he kicked my ass
but i never gave up i fought him over and over and got better at the game

i had so much fun with how challenging Vergil was that when i beat the game i seriously felt sad that he had to go
me and Dante both were sad that his brother fell in to the demon world and that we would never see him again

If i played DMC3 on a difficultly where i couldn't die that would remove so much of the emotion i had from that fight

its not that i don't want less skilled players to beat the game
it's that i want new players to have the same experience i had and know Vergil the same way i do
they can do that if they never lose when they fight him
Yea, what if DMC 3 had a super easy difficulty that some players could choose. A mode that you also NEVER HAVE TO PLAY.

Seriously, there is no justification whatsoever to say that easy modes can't exist for some players out there. Would you get mad at toddlers who put up the bumpers when you go bowling?

I get tired of gamers thinking certain games out there have to only cater to them.

"Oh no, they're including a baby mode."

The only babies I see are the gamers whining about it.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Seriously, there is no justification whatsoever to say that easy modes can't exist for some players out there.

Well look at it this way, would you rather play a game that was too difficult to progress, or one that was easy to breeze through? You'd rather have a challenge, but not to the point where it stops you in your tracks and you're unable to go forward in the game. Therefore allowing gamers the chance to have easier modes also allows them to, y'know, actually get through the game. I'd much rather have options.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I really don't see where the problem is with optional easy modes. The problem arises when you can't choose between a range of difficulties from the get go, or when the easiness is embedded in the game mechanics themselves.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Yea, what if DMC 3 had a super easy difficulty that some players could choose. A mode that you also NEVER HAVE TO PLAY.

Seriously, there is no justification whatsoever to say that easy modes can't exist for some players out there. Would you get mad at toddlers who put up the bumpers when you go bowling?

I get tired of gamers thinking certain games out there have to only cater to them.

"Oh no, they're including a baby mode."

The only babies I see are the gamers whining about it.
i never said that easy modes can't exist

i'v played yoish's woolly world with my 4 year old niece and she used the easy mode in the game
and we were able to have fun

it's not that i hate the idea of a super easy mode completely

it's just with some games i feel that the difficulty of beating them is part of the experience
and i don't want anyone to have a lesser experience

also i don't think my niece is old enough to understand how to play a game like Devil May Cry

Top Bottom