• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you laugh Poll

Would you laugh at any of these cosplayers if they causally came into a bar for a drink?

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

Now have in mind these are cosplayers. They are dressing up. There is a difference between a natural look and dyed hair. Plus these cosplayers probably are wearing a wig.
There also would be a huge difference between a Dante cosplayer and Dante himself if he existed in real life.

Natural white hair:
MGNoT.jpg

Dyed white hair:
White_Hair_Dye_9.jpg

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION:

Q: Would you laugh at any of these cosplayers if they causually came into a bar in your local area for a drink? That is they didn't pose anything, they simply came in for a drink.
And laughing and staring at someone is two different thing.

Vote in the poll.

Here are the cosplayers:
dante_cosplay_devil_may_cry__from_ita__by_socolow92-d5c7reg.jpg

devil_may_cry_dante_cosplay_by_maaku564-d494r03.jpg

Dante_vs__Dante___hmmm_by_alucard27.jpg

1249864986687_f.jpg

Nero_and_Dante_cosplay_by_Feiuccia.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

Elaborating on why i voted "No":

First of all, Dante is in shape and has sixpacks. His body is ideal for any human wanting to be in shape. And everyone wants to be in shape, it's awesome.
As you can see Dante is in shape

His red leather coat: I would think "That's pretty flashy and unusual. But i wouldn't laugh at it. Infact i would think "That's one awesome clothing". Very unusual and looks to be of good quality.

If he came into the bar with his stomach showing id say "Lol whats up with him showing his stomach?", id also say "**** this dude is ripped".

I wouldn't laugh at him. I would stare at how unusual he is dressed, but his clothes unusual looks still pretty nice. The coat especially.

And i wouldnt **** him off considering his sword and two handguns.

I would think his white hair unsuaul, but its pretty cool looking colour and hair style.

ZeroLove

Elaborate please?

What is there to elaborate on? The scenario described by Tameem Antoniades "Dante would be laughed at if he went ito a bar dressed like that" would be the scenario I would be sitting in, should a cosplayer dressed as Dante go to a bar I sat in just to get a drink or something. That's laughable in itself.

IncarnatedDemon

What is there to elaborate on? The scenario described by Tameem Antoniades "Dante would be laughed at if he went ito a bar dressed like that" would be the scenario I would be sitting in, should a cosplayer dressed as Dante go to a bar I sat in just to get a drink or something. That's laughable in itself.
There is alot to elaborate on:

1) Would you laugh at any of those cosplayers CAUSUALLY walking into a bar for drink? Or did one of them stand out - and why?

2) You mentioned you would laugh not necessarily in a mocking way...but because of irony? Elaborate - what u mean?

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Don't mess with me, I won't mess with you. Don't bother me, I won't bother you. I could really care less what you look like. You'd be surprised how many people get popped in the mouth just for stating how they feel...then agian it was that halloween party I went to:| . But I would probably take in quick glances of staring for they'd probably be in the same boat as the people who dress like this everyday, and believe me, where I live, some people DO dress like this...
406304662.jpg

406304673.jpg

406304702.jpg

People, especially today, are CRAZY. They conceal all types of weapons and won't hesitate to use them on you just for looking or laughing. I just get my few looks in and keep it moving. I know these people aren't cosplayers, I'm just saying they are in the same boat for me as the cosplayers...almost. Granted, I'd probably get in a laugh or two FAR AWAY from their sight or hearing (mainly the everyday people) but to laugh in front of them I will not. I just think the cosplayers are having fun and if they laugh with the people getting a kick out of their wardrobe, even better.

Then again I'd probably be an admirer for the cosplayers done right. And if it was actually Dante walking in a bar, oh boy (crazy fangirl thoughts popping up)..XD

P.S. I know there's at least ONE person who saw someone in Wal-Mart that just...makes you question humanity.

ZeroLove

There is alot to elaborate on:

1) Would you laugh at any of those cosplayers CAUSUALLY walking into a bar for drink? Or did one of them stand out - and why?

2) You mentioned you would laugh not necessarily in a mocking way...but because of irony? Elaborate - what u mean?

That's what I was just explaining! What is it you don't understand?
It would be ironic for me to be in that situation stated by Tameem years ago, because then that whole scenario would actually be happening! I don't know how else to explain it to you.

IncarnatedDemon

Yes I would. XD
Not necessarily mockingly though, but more because of the irony.
This doesn't tell me why you would laugh.

Nor does it tell me if you laughed at all cosplayers in the thread.

And the irony of what Tameem said and it actually happening is besides the point.

I simply just wanted to know why you would laugh. The irony is really besides the point.
I mean that would be counterproductive to try find out if Dante is laughable and base it on irony of Tameem saying it and it actually happening.

But if you don't want to elaborate on it, its fine by me.

ZeroLove

This doesn't tell me why you would laugh.

Nor does it tell me if you laughed at all cosplayers in the thread.

And the irony of what Tameem said and it actually happening is besides the point.

I simply just wanted to know why you would laugh. The irony is really besides the point.
I mean that would be counterproductive to try find out if Dante is laughable and base it on irony of Tameem saying it and it actually happening.

But if you don't want to elaborate on it, its fine by me.

But I would laugh BECAUSE of the irony.
Really, it's like you won't accept that reason.

ZeroLove

No, it's just that i wasn't asking if you'd laugh because of irony or something else, but if you would laugh because of the cosplayers appearence itself.

Wel, if they did walk around like that in general, and not just at cosplay conventions and stuff like that, then yeah, I think I would laugh at them for the silliness of it all. But if that's what they want to walk around in, then I don't mind that one bit.

IncarnatedDemon

Wel, if they did walk around like that in general, and not just at cosplay conventions and stuff like that, then yeah, I think I would laugh at them for the silliness of it all. But if that's what they want to walk around in, then I don't mind that one bit.
Just asking this for sake of clarity:

From 1-10 how laughable would someone be if they looked as great as DMC 3 Dante (with abs and everything) and had as good quality clotehs as Dante?

And when i say laughable i mean is it funny? Do u go bursting into laughter?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Cosplayers: Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

I'd laugh if I feel they didn't pull of the cosplay and just looked weird(mostly to myself). Although if it was good I don't think I'd laugh but probably think there's some cosplay event going on somewhere near by and then I would go back minding my own business.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't laugh at people unless they are in on the joke. It's rude and hurtful and because it happens to our family fairly often, I make a point of not even staring at the unusual or different.

But then it would be uber weird if someone dressed as Dante came into a pub where I live; small town + large elderly population = wut? Most likely I'd ask if they were a member here and if not, why not :cool:

IncarnatedDemon

I don't laugh at people unless they are in on the joke. It's rude and hurtful and because it happens to our family fairly often, I make a point of not even staring at the unusual or different.

But then it would be uber weird if someone dressed as Dante came into a pub where I live; small town + large elderly population = wut? Most likely I'd ask if they were a member here and if not, why not :cool:
I understand your mindset and i completely agree with it, but put that aside for this topic and ask yourself if you saw Dante in a bar would you laugh at him for how he is dressed?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I understand your mindset and i completely agree with it, but put that aside for this topic and ask yourself if you saw Dante in a bar would you laugh at him for how he is dressed?
No. I would think to myself he looks ridiculous, because to me he does, but I wouldn't laugh out loud or anything. Last thing I need on an evening out is a big old slap in the face

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Now, a Dante's cosplay rarely make justice to the true guy in question:D.

Look at this:
http://media.photobucket.com/user/H...rt=1&o=7&_suid=136601484103204261209691833264 ( I would insert the pic, but it didn't show)

If I saw a guy like this I wouldn't laugh.There's nothing to laugh about ( most weird thing would be he is bare chested, but that's it).
Now Dante's clothes seem to be pure leather and suede revested and the red colour wouldn't be so vivid and imposing, what is the opposite of common cosplay, which seems made of plastic or cheap material or whatever.
In the North of Europe he could pass easily between their people.In Norway, per example, they are used to deal with guys with long hair, full dressed in black leather and using eyeliner.This is common for them.

The only thing I can conclude this is only a matter of opinion, but yes, some people take Tameen's words as gospel, which they aren't.( Again Nt should use better words and deal with the subject with caution.)

Top Bottom