• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did anyone like Lucia?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I say a DMC1 remake would probably sell more and if anything it would be best to remake the first game since that game started the series and even started the genre you say and pulled in a new era of games/gamers.
I'm not saying don't do 1, I was talking about 2 specifically since it's the dmc2 forum.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya i liked lucia she had some good moves she was a better combattant than dante although she was weaker but she was cool

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I liked Lucia a lot. Besides being beautiful she had a cool fighting style and a pretty cool story going around her. If they make a DMC5 I'm sure she'll return better than ever.

Elektra214xx

Ssstylish devil hunter..
Lucia was awesome! I had no qualms with her accent, I thought it gave her an exotic image. Her gameplay was pretty okay too and far better than Dante's IMO...Her trigger though, was cute in a funny kinda way..kept reminding me of someone wearing a chicken costume..LOL. Anyways would love to see her make a comeback to the series..

Jacky

Awesome
She wasn't as good as Trish, but still she had her moments

For me it goes like this:

Trish

Lucia/Lady - you could say its a draw

Ixbran

Smashing~
hello, newbie here, just realized this place existed, so yeah

As for my opinions on Lucia; yes, just yes. Lucia is precious angel baby and must be protected.

In all seriousness though, I adored her. Something about her personality drew me to enjoy her, shes quiet, yet serious, but also self sacrificing and strong. She loves her mother, Maiter, clearly based on what little we see them interacting together. And upon finding out she was a creation of Arius, she wanted to be killed, if only out of not wanting to go insane and begin killing innocent people, as Aruis claimed she would as a result of the portal to hell being opened.

I also love that despite being adopted, Matier still showed Lucia nothing but pure maternal love for her. Their relationship with one another taught me, at a very young age, that a blood connection isn't needed for family members to love one another. This was a lesson I needed to learn, as later on in my life my family adopted my baby brother. Because of Lucia and Matier I was able to love my baby brother as much as any other member of my family, despite not having a blood relation, and for that I can't be thankful enough to that of Lucia, her story with Matier, and DMC2 over all.

Last edited:

Nightmare Omni

Yes! I Loved Lucia!

She was what shifted me from Hating the Game to just Disliking it and later accepting the Bad with the Good.... In a grudging way.

I did not mind the Accent too much but Characterisation getting more time would have been good.

I think Dumary was influenced by Corsica which in real life IS a mish mash of Italian and French Culture, Languages and Architecture so a less easily Identified Accent than Standard French or Italian alone makes sense.

Great..... Now I'm having Plot Bunnies for a Noir (Anime/Manga) & DMC Crossover Fic.

"Noir.... Two Maidens who Govern Death, the Peace of the Newly Born their Black Hands Protect."

:D

Demonic Skeleton

Just a Devil Hunter.
Lucia was a good character that could have become a greater part of the game. They could probably bring her back although it would take some explaining. I personally felt that Gloria resembled Lucia more and she could have been the one in disguise, Gloria sort of even looks like Lucia's Devil Trigger.

Demonic Skeleton

Just a Devil Hunter.
Oh sorry mate, I misread your post >_<

What similiarities can you name?
Well the weapons that they use(even though they are exact matches), their skin color somewhat(not to be stereotypical/racist), and like I said before Gloria's clothes look like Lucia's DT( white and feathery). Although I know it's not really possible for them to be tied together.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I think she was alright. I really did like her DT and it's design, though.

Well the weapons that they use(even though they are exact matches), their skin color somewhat(not to be stereotypical/racist), and like I said before Gloria's clothes look like Lucia's DT( white and feathery). Although I know it's not really possible for them to be tied together.

Wow, I never noticed those similarities until now. o.o

Frazz

General gamer
She had the worst voice acting in the history of voice acting. As an actor I just cannot listen to her without screaming acting 101 at the TV! I think she'd be ok returning to the series but I'm more invested in the other characters so her return would mean nothing to me.

Top Bottom