• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Devil May Cry/ what ifs]: Nero (DMC4) vs Arkham (DMC3)

Nero vs Jester and Nero vs Arkham

• Total voters

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
nero_dmc4_by_longai-d21sfxf.jpg

jester_by_fire_tbh-d6ayty8.png

Okay first things first. I want to start by saying that I don't think Nero is superior to DMC3 Dante or anything but I do think he has a chance of doing this by himself. Now while Dante did require Vergil's assistance to finish off Blob form Arkham, I believe it was more or less because of Arkham's crazy amount of endurance. I don't feel like going into too much detail at this time so I'll just say after some research and scaling his power increase from the manga to now, DMC3 Dante's strength at base form is large building+ Basically that means if he were to use a full powered Stinger at something like a Panera's (for example at this size)
retail-panera-rockv-large-01.jpg

That suckers going down no questions asked.

I'd also rank Dante at being massively hypersonic in both speed and reaction timing. Vergil can very casually time bullets to the point that he doesn't need to dodge them. Instead he deflects them and even sends them flying back at Dante, maintaining the same speed (if not more) that they had when they were sent towards him. He did this with several fired shots might I add. The truth of the matter is, bullets are apparently much to slow to give Vergil any trouble. Dante had fought Vergil to a stand-still on many occasions and even blitz him during their final enounter.
Then there's that crazy scene of him running down Temi-ni-gru to easily catch up with his sword that broke the soundbarrier and he even speeds it up with a couple of shots fired at the base, yet still manages to very easily catch up to it and brag it before very confidently jumping back to the earth (probably to land without a scratch) ....until Shamu shows up... because nothing quite ruins badassery like getting eaten by our favorite friend from Sea World. >_>
7:31-9:58
His trickster style really amps (or rather focuses) his speed at well.
...Back on topic, the point is I feel that if Dante had a bit more destructive power, he could have probably soloed Arkham. To support my evidence is that fact that Arkham was using Sparda's power to boost himself, giving him way more power than he would have otherwise, this include strength and even heavier endurance. Look back at DMC1 when Dante turns into Sparda's DT. Not only does her traverse through space but he has the endurance to tank meteorites and land back on earth and into Mundus' realm without any real issues.
The difference between Arkham and Dante are that while they both are using the power of Sparda, Arkham wasn't nearly strong enough to control it as it (again) raised his endurance more than anything else. Dante on the other hand likely surpassed his father and as a result his power increased 10fold on all ends of the spectrum. Then after the Arkham battle, both Dante and Vergil had more than enough energy to fight each other to one more power struggle.

AlastorSword

Now lets get onto Nero. Nero while a weaker fighter, had more physical strength than Dante in DMC4, which (chronologically) takes place after DMC1 and 3. So Dante who (while probably not as powerful as he was in Sparda's form) is now a lot stronger than he was in both past games. Nero however proved his superior strength against Dante numerous times in DMC4.
Now lets just put some feats out for Nero starting with strength:
He displays a crap load of strength, speed, accuracy feats such as drop kicking Dante across a room then jumps back and fires a shot at him that would have tagged Dante mid-flight if he didn't block, whipping the giant stone sword, punches Dante across the room then appears right next to him punching Dante's face into a small crater in the ground, kicks the giant stone sword out of the statue's grip (actually breaking the statues arms off as a result) and ultimately getting told by Dante he underestimated him. Damn, never thought I'd hear those words come from Dante.
And while Dante may have been holding back, it doesn't change the fact that Nero did the unthinkable by parring the Saviors blows with an uppercut and even crushing the Savior's face with his bare hand.
Nero later puts out a bunch of burning buildings with a swing of his sword and blocks Berial's attack easily and overpowers him... with only his human arm might I add.
Nero whips Bael around with one arm and then punches him killing him as a result. He then punches one of Bael's brothers sending them all flying backwards back into the gate like it were a game of domino's.
Nero manages to hold Echidna from going into the gate briefly before she breaks a part of her body off to escape.

AlastorSword

Speed:
He was able to run along Echidna despite moving through the forest and ducking and jumping over obstacles and rebounding off trees. He also displays a minor accuracy feat shooting Echidna's seeds.
He also catches the Knight's attack with a book then ducks and weaves around his attacks. Because Knowledge is power!
Here's another speed and reflexes feat. He's capable to handle multiple demons flying in and attacking him. The 2nd clip shows a bit of his durability and healing but most impressively is the way he manages to mold Yamato back together, call it to his hands and kill the Angelo knights so fast that it looks like they were moving in bullet time. It's impressive because he did all this despite them being like two feet away and closing in fast. That means he had to have been moving so fast in that instance that they appeared to have stopped moving all together almost.
Then there's table hopper. I consider it canon sense Dante seems to carry his abilities with each installment, so who's to say that Nero wont do the same really.
He also managed to tag Credo, who moves so fast that he looks like he's warping and makes brief afterimages.
So there we go. These are some Nero feats that I think hold credibility. Keep in mind if you think Nero can beat Arkham one-on-one it won't be by much. Remember Arkham has really good endurance. And he did fight both Dante and Vergil (who both have wayyyy more haxx than Nero) and after his defeat, made a drop from the heavens back onto Temi-ni-gru and was still fighting to crawl away until Lady finished him off.

Kaim Argonar

Wow way to go padding down all those feats and accomplishments! :D It shows just how strong these characters are in a sense. As for this battle, it's hard to say. Honestly it would be pretty interesting to watch Nero and Jester fight. Jester is just chock full of tricks and Nero has a different approach than Dante (mostly out powering his enemies). For this fight I'd give it to Nero yet make it a tie. Nero will likely have him defeated much like Dante did, however, Jester will laugh it off and vanish, leaving Nero annoyed as all hell. However when it comes to Arkham blob form vs Nero... it's hard to say. Arkham doesn't really have much to his form other than being a complete tank. His offensive moves probably wont be too much of problem for Nero. I want to lean towards Nero because of his insane strength but I can't say for sure that Nero is physically stronger than the combine strength of Dante and Vergil.
So in the end I'll leave it at Nero/ Arkham... for now.

AlastorSword

Oh man I was starting to think no one would comment.

Wow way to go padding down all those feats and accomplishments! :D It shows just how strong these characters are in a sense. As for this battle, it's hard to say. Honestly it would be pretty interesting to watch Nero and Jester fight. Jester is just chock full of tricks and Nero has a different approach than Dante (mostly out powering his enemies). For this fight I'd give it to Nero yet make it a tie. Nero will likely have him defeated much like Dante did, however, Jester will laugh it off and vanish, leaving Nero annoyed as all hell. However when it comes to Arkham blob form vs Nero... it's hard to say. Arkham doesn't really have much to his form other than being a complete tank. His offensive moves probably wont be too much of problem for Nero. I want to lean towards Nero because of his insane strength but I can't say for sure that Nero is physically stronger than the combine strength of Dante and Vergil.
So in the end I'll leave it at Nero/ Arkham... for now.
>Thanks I did put some work into it lol.
>And yes it would be pretty interesting to see Nero vs Jester. Nero should win that one, but like you said Jester will speed off like he always does. But Blob form Arkham might be too much for Nero. He's got it strength wise but he lacks the crazy verity that I think gave Dante and Vergil the chance. So in the end Nero/ Arkham.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Oh man I was starting to think no one would comment.

>Thanks I did put some work into it lol.
>And yes it would be pretty interesting to see Nero vs Jester. Nero should win that one, but like you said Jester will speed off like he always does. But Blob form Arkham might be too much for Nero. He's got it strength wise but he lacks the crazy verity that I think gave Dante and Vergil the chance. So in the end Nero/ Arkham.

I give it to Nero for sure as diffucult a fight it may be but i still think hed win out right

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i mean lets just go with brute strength nero would punch that arkham blob all over the place not to mention using him like a ping pong paddle lol then you factor in his speed and agility that blob and even those dolphins werent that fast then you factor in that he has yamato and even though hes not as graceful as vergil he still knows how to use then you factor in the charge shot x3 always a great addition and able to do internal damage then the red queen and its exceed guage which really just makes it unfair for arkham dmc4 nero at the end of the game takes the win for this for arkham and jester for sure

AlastorSword

i mean lets just go with brute strength nero would punch that arkham blob all over the place not to mention using him like a ping pong paddle lol then you factor in his speed and agility that blob and even those dolphins werent that fast then you factor in that he has yamato and even though hes not as graceful as vergil he still knows how to use then you factor in the charge shot x3 always a great addition and able to do internal damage then the red queen and its exceed guage which really just makes it unfair for arkham dmc4 nero at the end of the game takes the win for this for arkham and jester for sure
Very good point. As I said, Nero definitely has the strength advantage. However his speed and versatility are considerably lower than both Dante and Vergil's. The larger arsenal and combined fighting efforts are what put Arkham down and remember, even after they had defeated him, he still lived until Lady finished the job. If anything this would mean his endurance is crazy high. In a sense it's one of those, unstoppable objects meets and unmovable one scenarios (not literally but you get what I'm saying)

Top Bottom