• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: The Trials of Fortuna

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Yeah, there was Chapter 1 here but I deleted it. The story was going nowhere, in my eyes. I had Dante out of character and didn't like the general direction I had used to set it up. It was obvious that I was going to introduce a enemy and he would be destroyed, why? Because he wasn't in the 4th and I made it in between the 1st and 4th. It was a stupid idea to begin with. Anyway, end of rant. Side note, for those of you wondering the title under my user name says Devil Hunter in Japanese, not 100% sure though.

Aha...Yes the character sheet. First of all...The story won't be called "Devil May Cry: The Trials of Fortuna" instead it will be my take at Nero's past.

Chapter 1: The Yearn For Power

“Rain? The sky is crying again. Why does the sky cry Mother?” a young silver haired boy asked, turning to his Mother before looking back up at the sky, raindrops landing on his face and then rolling off onto the ground. The boy was holding his mother's hand as they looked out on the country side, the sound of gentle rain has washed away any other sound, it was pure tranquility. “Because God is crying, Son.” His mother replied, facing the young boy and smiling before staring at the sky like him. “Why does God cry Mother?” The young boy asked again, staring up at the sky, as if he was trying to find something. “I think God cries because he is happy. Happy to see all of us, who were created in his own image, flourishing under his watchful eye. I could compare it to how I will be when you are all grown up, Nero.” The woman replied before tugging on Nero's arm, kneeling down slightly and embracing him. Nero continued to stare up at the sky, many thoughts crossing his mind. “Huh? Whats that?” Nero said, breaking one hand free and pointing up into the sky. A small figure seemed to be standing among the clouds, watching everything that went on below. “Whats what?” His mother asked, releasing Nero from the embrace and following his hand to where Nero was pointing at. His Mother's expression changed instantly. “He..He has come for me!” His Mother panted, the figure seemed to be getting bigger and bigger, it had began to come down. “Nero, run! Don't look back no matter what happens!” She yelled, kissing Nero on the forehead and pushing him forward. “Survive no matter what! Do what needs to be done! Please! Just live!” His mother yelled, as Nero entered a confused haze. His vision became distorted, he became disorientated, everything seemed to go in slow motion for him. Fear flooded him slowly, as his Mother screamed words he could not make out, whilst his vision rested on the advancing figure above. Closer and closer until it touched down on the edge of the hill. Nero's mother fell to the ground, attempting to crawl away but the hooded figure rushed forward, breaking both of her ankles. She called out in pain as Nero scrambled away, falling to the ground, fear clouding his vision. He tried to get up but couldn't, he began to scurry away, his hands and feet both pressing on the ground as he occasionally looked back. A silver glimmer standing tall against the gloomy sky, a katana.

A moment of blindness, a scream echoes all around. The grass is stained red. In a split second, Nero's mother has met her end at the hands of an unknown assailant. Nero let out a piercing scream, anguish blinding him as he stood up tall. His head facing up, eyes closed, his tears blending with the rain. He stupidly caught the attention of the masked attacker. Nero opened his eyes again and, to his horror, the Masked assailant was standing in front of him. Nero quickly turned and tried to make a run for it but his collar was grabbed and he was threw down to the ground like he was nothing. The Katana was sheathed once more, concealed again underneath the cloak, as cowered on the ground, raising his hands in a futile defense. “P-p-p-please don't kill me!” Nero whimpered, his bottom lip quivering and his whole body in a state of fear. “Foolish young one. I would not stain my sword with the blood of the likes of you!” The Hooded Assailant bellowed, Nero let out a short whimper, tears continued to stream down his face. “However, all that I have been hunting lately hasn't been up to the challenge, so how about I let you live in exchange for something?” The Hooded Assailant bargained, Nero looked up instantly, a glimmer of hope could be seen in his eyes. “Yes. Anything!” Nero quickly replied, his Mother's last words resounding over and over in his head. “Ha, its a deal.” The Hooded Assailant grabbed Nero's right arm and pulled out a smaller dagger from inside his cloak. “Wait...What are you doing? You said you'd let me live!!” Nero cried, as the Hooded Assailant smiled and quickly cut off Nero's right arm, stopping at the elbow. Nero fell backwards, using his left hand to dig into the grass, trying to pull himself away, as a trail of red liquid was left behind. “Do not run child.” The Hooded Assailant said. “For I have a gift for you.” Nero turned his head slightly, just before he was yanked up off of the ground and force fed a small tablet. Nero coughed and hacked before he crashed onto the ground. Nero began to feel a burning sensation in his right arm, Nero stared at it in horror as red stems began to grow out of it, forming the shape of a hand.. “Be grateful child. That arm wields tremendous power, after all, it has HIS blood in it.” The Hooded Assailant noted before he disappeared.
Nero ignored his disappearance and the new arm he received, instead, he rushed towards his dead Mother's body. Dropping to his knees at his side, he stared down at her, his tears dripping onto her blood stained face, half of her body was a few feet away from the other. Nero got up and retrieved the other half, placing them next to each other. He let out short whimpers, tears streaming down from his face, as he grabbed her hand with his left hand and squeezed it, not daring to touch her with his right hand, feeling it was not worthy but grief won over in the end. As Nero bent over, cuddling into Mother, before a blinding blue light appeared and then quickly disappeared. His Mother was gone.
“More...Power...Give...Me...More...Power!”
Nero looked around scared, wondering who had said that, where the light had come from and where his Mother had gone. A lot had happened in a short space of time, he yearned for a break.
“You...Need...My...Power...You...Have...To...Feed...Me...More!”
“Who said that?” Nero whimpered, almost scared, hoping for no reply.
“Fool...I...Am...You...We...Are...One....I...Am...Your....Thoughts....We...Are...One!”
Nero's new obtained right hand began to glow as a blue liquid filled it slowly, Nero began to feel new and old sensations. New sensations of power and old sensations of his Mother's touch.
“She...Was...Unsatisfactory...We...Require...More...Give...Us...More!”
Nero felt himself change, arrogance began to creep into his pure conscience. He was changing.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Yeah, I haven't updated this and I probably won't. Reason is in the first post but I am starting a new story and chapter 1 is up! So please check out the first post!

Top Bottom