• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May cry: The Legend Of Sparda.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This is going to be set two thousand years ago when Mundus decided to attack the human world.

Chapter 1: Mysteries Of Mallet Island
Pg 1

I was amongst the flowers in the castle grounds, some were still fine in all the weather.

A cold snowy chill ran up my spine, it reminded me of colder times when my friends had died at this terrible place.

My master is probably at the coliseum at the moment, enjoying himself, I myself hate that place.

Me and a friend of mine take turns at guarding the great gate entrance, but I find myself drifting in and out of thought as I stare up at the flag that shakes uncontrollably in the wind.

Word of a pirate ship and crew had set anchor down here under the great cavern, but I suppose they came here to search or steal my masters treaures, so they wont see it out of here.

The only thing that has been plaguing my mind was ever since a lad, John being his name, was sent to check a strange occurence out. When they found John, his main organs had been cut out, and he had no eyes, what a terrible way to go I remember thinking to myself.

And still as the clock forever ticks, time constantly heading forward, I can't help think of what may become of me, if I am to die here, and for what cause?

The knights, we tend to stay in small groups, when ever someone is called to take on a task on there own they are usually found dead later on.

My friend had mentioned about a book he had found, a secret book he had come across in the library, he told me he would meet me at the main gate tonight, so all I do now is wait.

I'll continue this later.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 2

The coliseum erupted with laughter and applaud, I however had been ordered to investigate, with a group of others, the weird ship that had stopped by.

As we made our way down the cold damp steps, we could see the large pirate ship. As a group of knights continued I lowered my sword, I kept back. There was a man with a beard, another with a limp everytime he stepped, but the captain was nowhere to be seen.

All I heard then was cries of pain, the pirates were stabbed and beaten to death by the other knights, and I had to join in.

I went inside the ship and at the top deck I found the Captain's room, inside he was laughing and smiling, holding his rum. As I entered he didn't notice, no surprise that he was drunk of course.

"Kill the captain, thinks he can steal from Lord Mosarus, filthy pirate" came the voice of a fellow knight, running in with his blade outstrecthed he struck the Captain's chest. The blow had killed the captain instantly, but the expression on his face was still happy and jolly.

After the pirates had been dealt with I returned back to my quarters, after a while writing about my days feelings in my journal I slipped into my bed.

The bed was very unsturdy, I would never trust anyone as to jump on the thing, in fear it may break and leave me out of a place to sleep comfortably.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 3

After about three hours sleep I had started to wake, but a gentle tap at my door made me get up faster.

As I crawled along the floor in my semi-awake, semi-tired state of conscience. A voice came in the form of a quiet whisper.

"Lethaniel, it's me, Caido" came Caido's subtle voice.

I open the door and let Caido in, he sits on my bed and speaks very out of the ordinary.

"Lethaniel, it's not safe in here, we discuss issues outside" Caido said to me, my facial expression was rather bleak.

"Outside? now? but it's cold" Was my reply to this.

"It's not safe" Caido grabbed my arm and carried me out of the room, once we got outside the cold air woke me up a bit more.

"Come Lethaniel, by the gate" Caido told me, so I led the way.

Caido had his helmet tucked under his armpit, he had his sword scrapping against the ground as we both walked to the large wooden gate.

Luckily, he stopped dragging his sword across the ground, which I was glad with, because the sound was extremely annoying.

Caido showed me the book he had spoke of before, I hadn't seen it.

"This book, this book was a nightmare to find" Caido informed me.

"You couldn't have been searching for it, you didn't know it existed" I replied to Caido's statement. Caido gave me a look that told me straight away that I was wrong, then he nodded his head, rather a bit too thoroughly.

"I was looking for it Thaniel" he replied, shortening my name as he sometimes liked to do.

"I was looking hard, hours and hours, the title will have you in disbelief" Caido said truthfully, so with part fear and part excitement I peered down at the book.

In dark red words the title read " Demons, our darkest fear".

An author name was not indicated anywhere, strange I thought.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
more coming soon I promise, hope everyone likes it so far.
For the future i'm thinking of having it as a two parts to it story. First having Lethaniel and Caido try and get off Mallet island, and then having Sparda turn against Mundus and seal him.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Cheers, rep+ for liking it Chaos Master.

Like I said more soon.
4 REP BARS NOW-i'm happy-

This stories probably part one, after Mundus i'll have Sparda sealing Sequari in the sky fortress.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 3

Caido gave me a look as to say open the book,I did as he must of wanted and took a read.

After a couple of words I dropped the book, Caido stared into my eyes longily.

"What, is it bad?" he said.

"Bad, you mean you haven't read it?" I reply.

"No, I was too scared to" Caido says, "And I don't think I will ever read it if it's that bad".

"Caido, how do we leave the island?" I ask.

"We can't, well we can swim but we wouldn't make it" came Caido's reply.

"No we'd make it, just last week some knight swam from here" I say.

"No, he most likely died too, it's too far" Caido tells me, to my annoyance.

"Master's boat, master has a boat" I finally reply after much thought.

"You mean steal it, no way, too risky" Caido says, he looks away, but then looks back at me.

Giving in, he says, "Fine, but I'll see how many people I can get to join us first before you go and plan this crazy thing".

"Thank you Caido, this is much appreciated" I say, I smile to show my appreciation.

As Caido walks of he turns back to me, "Um, Lethaniel, why do we have to leave anyway?" he asks.

"Because of all the crazy things that have been happening, you should read this" I reply and I chuck the book over to him, he catches it and smiles nervously.

Walking of once more, and this time not turning back to speak, Caido dissapears through an archway.

I look at the words on a page I had torn from the front of the book once more.

Mallet island, place of the gates of hell, the main opening from the demon world, and the human world.

After re-reading these words I question whether the book is a joke, perhaps it having no author is an indication that it is a load of tosh. But no matter if the book was a lie or not, I wasn't going to stay on the island and find out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 4

Caido had given me the book back two days ago, i'm not even sure he bothered to read it as he was so busy.

I couldn't help turn to the book everytime I was bored, it lay open on the page I was currently on. In and out of my duties I would rush to read it some more, and then rush to tell Caido.

But boy was it a struggle, still it was worth it, I had just one question, how did Caido know about the book? who had told him about it?

After three days I was half way through the book, was it just a good read, recommended to Caido. Or had someone that had been here longer than any, perhaps someone who had been here before the new master, had told Caido about it?

I put the book down that night and I decided I was going to speak with Caido.

I grab my coat and wrap it tightly to my body; it meets my cold skin and hugs me close to warm me. I reach for my sword and helmet; I put the helmet on and leave my quarters.

When I reach the stairs I see a guard standind by it.

The guard questions where I am going, "I need to get outside" I reply, i'm anxious and nervous but my reply had come swiftly.

"Nobody is allowed out at this time, masters new rules" the guard informs me, I look even more anxious.

"Well, you see, I was at the gate earlier on and I witnessed a strange sighting, thought that the gate guard might like to be aware of that" I say, I cross my fingers and hope the guard lets me pass.

"Well alright, but only because it sounds important, besides you look like you could do with some fresh air" he tells me, I smile and pass but he grabs my arm, I say "oh no" in the very back of my head.

"Let me tell you something" the guard tells me, he leans in closer, his eyes wide.

"You be careful you hear Lethaniel?" he says to me.
"Oh, thanks for watching out, (trying to remember what the guards name is in my mind)... Lucius" I reply.

"No problem, just don't want anything to happen to anybody else" he says and he lets go of my arm, I walk down the stairs casually but when I reach the door I run outside as fast as I can.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
do more soon.

characters so far.
Lord Mosarus: ruler of mallet island, the castle and all.

Caido: Knight. *gate guarder*
Lethaniel: knight *main guard of the gate*
Sparda- unknown at the moment.

Enemies in this, Phantom, Mundus, Alastor, Ifrit, Marionettes, blades, sargassos. lizards.

Sparda's weapons.

Yamato.
Force edge.

more soon...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
chapter 2: the discovery.

I had of course read more of the book than Caido, he had only given it a quick browse in between meals, not really taking in the information.

This led me to believe that perhaps Caido knew something I did not, either that or he didn't think the book was truthful.

I saw his silhouette near the entrance gate, perhaps after several days around the gate we were not safe there.

"Caido, perhaps we should find a new place?" I say as I approach the gate.

"Caido? I am not Caido, what do you want?" the figure at the gate replies, I try not to look suspicious.

"Um, nothing, I just thought that Caido was guarding the gate?" I say.

"No, Caido as of today has been relieved of all his duties" the man replies.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because he was found out by someone, they found maps of Lord Mosarus' secret rooms, and it was believed that he was trying to steal something, apparently there is word that he has an accomplice, funny that you were looking for him?" The guard says, he makes a very good point of which I find hard to lie my way out of.

"I am here because I too look after the gate, I was only mentioning Caido because, as you already know he too guarded the gate" I reply.

"If you say so, I expect you are wondering where he is, and by the way you can trust me Lethaniel, I know about your plan and it's a bloody good one" the guard says.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yeah, Caido has been taken to the torture chambers, but not to worry as one of our rebel knights should be helping him to escape" the guard tells me, placing hope back into me once again.

more soon...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter2,pg2.

Hell, more commonly known as my home, a place where sins are allowed. My Masters aim is simple, he has become greedy with power and wishes to conquer over the human realm as well.

The humans are a race which I do not despise, but simply I cannot go against my Masters wishes or I will be torn limb from limb.

But, It's not the first time that we demons have walked the Earth, years ago the old ruler gathered his finest demon warriors, I was among them and I was third in line for the demon throne.

Over the years my powers have been lowered, Phantom and others keep by my Masters side, While I form my sword in the darkest, fieriest pits of hell. I call my sword after the place in hell as to which I formed it, a fiery cliff known as force edge.

A place where even if you are a strong demon the lower forms will still attack you. Surprisingly I enjoy slaying those pathetic weaklings that dare to challenge me, I yearn for a stronger challenge.

More Soon I promise... :).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter2,pg2 cont...

And then, that day, when I was practicing with my blade , a sudden idea hit me. And then I realised what it was that had me so pitiful to the humans.The mere fact that they only have the Gods to help them, but even Gods abandon the hope of the humans. It was my old Master who had taught me this, he showed me that the Gods were powerless against freewill, and could not interfere with the humans fates.

So, I left Force edge and made my way back to the main throne room, a feast was being held there for all, the generals and some lower demons too. I wadded in my strong knight armour across the fiery grounds of hell and climbed the steps into the throne room.

This was days before the main gate would open, and Mundus, my new Master, would send the demon armies out to fight. When I walked into the room demons were still taking seats, Mundus was whispering something into Alastor's ear. I gave my Master a look, I knew he cared not for his own kind for he was selfish. The old ruler had not been so big headed I thought, still, he still had the same intention.

I looked around and realised that I was the only one standing, I moved over to a chair not so far away from Mundus' throne.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter2,pg3.

Mundus rose from the throne, and started his speech, a speech about what the demons should stand for, and how the demons deserve the upper realms.

Finally my Masters speech came to a halt, with this being his last sentence.

"Little do the humans know, (Mundus' voice raised in sound) that in a few days time, we will bring destruction, and reign over there land"

The demons applauded this, a cry of pleasure erupted in the room, which i'm sure tilted the fiery plains, and rocks of hell, slightly away from whence they did stand.

More soon I promise... :).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter2,pg 3 continued.

mallet island, postioned above the main gates of hell.

Caido and Lethaniel needed to get off the island faster than they could drew their blades. But Caido had been taken captive by a group of, rather observant knights.

Seemed that Lord Mosarus didn't trust his own people, his own men that looked after him. Lethaniel hated Lord Mosarus, he was an ungrateful and unrespectable Lord in Lethaniel's eyes.

Lethaniel would be glad if Lord Mosarus stayed and died on the island, a little harsh, but he thought he deserved that fate.

Top Bottom