• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: The Dark One Returns

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Hah, you certainly know how to get onto a person's good side. ^_^

I hope you enjoy my next chapters as muchg as I enjoy writing them.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Well I wouldn't try and make you feel upset .lol. . And If you ever wish to run past anything in your fic with me in a PM, then I'd only be happy to help you out and give feedback.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Chapter 3.

Chapter 3: The rise of the Dark Slayer
Reclaim what is rightfully yours…

Vergil broke into a dash, running across the bridge, towards the nearby camp, the light of the forest began to dwindle and darkness enveloped the path onwards, whatever was ahead couldn’t have been good.

“Ugh, that stench…”

Vergil coughed, a thick and heavy smell made itself quite known, the smell of demons, the encampment clearly wasn’t quite what Vergil first imagined…But what were demons doing nesting themselves in the human realm?

In the distance, the beat of marching feet could be heard, a demonic army perhaps?

“Hmm, it’s about time I got into a fight…It feels like it’s been too long.”

He sprinted off in the direction of the beat, running gracefully across the grass, not a sound being made, with leaps and bounds he reached the front of the camp, but with seemingly nothing nearby, yet the methodical beat of the soldiers still persisted, he leapt up into a nearby tree.

Scouting the area, he noticed a platoon in the distance, with one leading the group, yet something was different about this one in comparison to the rest, something about his arm…It glowed eerily, in an almost demonic fashion.

“A demon…Posing in human form…Interesting.”

Vergil dropped from the tree and made his way towards the platoon, readying himself, the beat of the platoon grew steadily louder as they drew closer, louder…And louder, and louder…

“Platoon, Halt!”

The man leading the soldiers shouted, the entire platoon came to a grinding halt and the mysterious character drew his sword.

“Who are you? You’re not one of them are you?”

The man said, his sword pointed at Vergil, he unsheathed his own in turn.

“Relatively speaking, I suppose I am…My name is Vergil, why does it matter?”

Vergil replied, his eyes flickered blue, preparing himself for a fight, Vergil and the man began to circle each other, the platoon had instinctively surrounded them both, forming a sort of arena, one of them was going down in this fight…

“Well, I’m Nero, and if you are one of them…I’ll have to kill you won’t I.”

“If you truly feel the need…Then you can try!”

Vergil lunged towards the Nero, he swung his sword upwards, launching Nero up into the air. Vergil leapt up after him, grabbing Nero’s leg and throwing him straight back into the floor, the impact created a shockwave, forcing some of the nearby soldiers to stumble. Nero pulled himself back up, running towards Vergil, his sword trailed along the ground, he revved the sword, sending propellant down the blade and swung it at Vergil, a trail of flames behind it.

Nero’s blade narrowly missed Vergil, he parried the strike to the side with his own sword and jumped backwards, Nero and Vergil ran at each other, and almost simultaneously, the pair sprung into a fly kick, their feet connecting with each other, forcing both backwards.

“You’re better…Than I expected…Demon.”

Nero panted, the fight was beginning to take it’s toll on him.

“Is that all you’ve got? Come on! Where’s your motivation?!”

Vergil darted towards Nero, blade in hand and in a burst of sheer speed, cleaved straight through the already wounded Nero.

“Ah! Where did that…Come from…”

Nero collapsed, he could take no more punishment, a puddle of blood pooled around the fallen swordsman, Vergil sheathed his sword and looked at his opponent’s fallen body.

“If that’s all you can take, you’re barely worth the effort boy, such a pity, I expected more of you.”

Vergil began to walk away, Nero’s platoon did nothing to stop him, if this man could fell their commander so easily, they dare not think what he could do to them.

“Not…So…Fast!”

Nero pulled himself back up, and in an act of desperation, threw his blade at Vergil, no one there knew what was going through this fallen boy’s mind, but sure enough, the boy thought his courage would pay off, he threw his sword, the Red Queen, at Vergil, and in some pure stroke of luck, it found it’s target and impaled itself in his chest.

“Ugh, that was a mistake!”

Vergil fell to his knees.

“There’s something…Different about you boy, something familiar…”

Vergil pulled himself back up, the sword still impaled within him, and walked back over towards Nero, who now lay on the ground, unconscious, yet something was odd about him, his arm began to resonate with something inside Vergil, he knelt down next to his opponent and grabbed his arm.

“So! You’re the one my foolish brother entrusted my blade to! Well, I’d like it back!”

He let go of Nero’s arm and took a step back, unsheathed his sword once more, and removed Nero’s from his chest.

“An eye for an eye…”

Vergil plunged his sword into Nero’s arm while thrusting Nero’s own sword into his chest, Nero screamed in agony, a near death cry echoed for miles, some say that even those in continents far off heard the piercing scream, it was enough to chill the soul.

A small, purple orb drifted from Nero’s arm, towards Vergil, he placed his hand over the light, and was once again reunited with his sword, the Yamato had found it’s true owner once more.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
AWESOME :) a joy to read as always my friend :) +rep :) I loved the description in the fight, and the soldiers forming around the two to form an arena, that was class :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thank you very much. ^_^

I think I'll take a little break for the time being, I'll come back to the story a little later.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ That's fine man :) don't overdo a good thing so early .lol. plus, it'll leave us in suspense as to what will happen next :) although, if it is anything as good as to what you have already, then it should be epic :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Chapter 4:

Chapter 4: Rebirth
Bring yourself back from the brink.

“Ahh…The pain…It feels like I’ve been hit…By a Freight Train…”

Nero groaned, he attempted to pull himself up, yet fell back to the ground the a rock.

“I can’t move…What did he do to me…”

Nero finally managed to pull himself up, the semi-conscious, beaten and bruised man looked down at himself.

“Whoa! Damn!”

Nero’s first sight was his own sword protruding from his chest, and the sword Vergil used impaled in his arm, he proceeded to remove them both.

Nero groaned with pain, he removed the sword in his arm first, it no longer glowed with it’s previous vigour, but rather in a more dull, pale light, almost as if it was dying, he removed the Red Queen from his chest.

“That can’t be good…”

Nero coughed, looking at his arm, he glanced around, darkness surrounded him, only the dying light of his Devil Bringer for illumination.

“Where the hell am I now?”

Nero stumbled around in the darkness, his sword now once again sheathed, a small white light hovered in the distance, he made his way towards it, a voice echoed in the abyss, a familiar voice, the light grew brighter and brighter, the voice called out.

“Nero! Nero, come back to us boy! Please.”

“Draxus?”

Nero reached the light, it enveloped the darkness, driving it back, he once more found himself in Draxus’ shop, beaten and bloodied on his bed.

“Nero you damned fool…You need to be more careful!”

Tears poured down the old man’s face, he hugged Nero.

“I’m sorry…I…I didn’t expect to be beaten…I barely even remember what happened, it all happened so fast.”

Nero stood up and looked Draxus in the eye, he’d stopped crying and stared at Nero.

“Here, you left this behind when you left…”

Draxus said, he hands Nero a revolver.

“Ah…The Blue Rose…Thank you.”

The twirled the revolver in his hands, this double-action revolver, adorned with a rose like design on the barrel, equipped with a six-shot cylinder rather than a traditional five-shot cylinder, heavily modified by Nero for his own needs, he is the only man in the Order to use a gun, as the rest view guns as dishonourable.

“So you fool, what happened out there? Not even your soldiers seem to remember…”

“I…I think I was attacked, by a demon…This one was the most powerful thing I’d ever encountered.”

“This worries me Nero…Please, for your sake, and the Order’s, keep your head down for a while.”

“I won’t be intimidated by a damned Demon!”

“Nero, listen to me! If this demon did this much damage to you, it would be in your best interests to stay off of the radar for a while!”

Nero stormed out of Draxus’ shop, he holstered his gun and walked back to his own house, the heads of demons littered the walls, many who visit Nero have been stunned by the sheer volume of those he has defeated, yet this recent defeat refused to leave him alone.

Nero tried to sleep, yet each time his eyes closed, all he saw was that figure with white hair, the man who called himself Vergil, who had stolen the sword entrusted to him so long ago by Dante.

“Come on! Where’s your motivation?!”

Vergil’s voice echoed in his mind.

“I expected more of you…”

“So! You’re the one my foolish brother entrusted my blade to! Well, I’d like it back!”

Nero finally slept, the pain in every fibre of his body became too much, he simply lost consciousness.

Little did the poor warrior know, the demon he had found a new fear for watched over him, Vergil stepped though Nero’s bedroom mirror, wearing his trademark long, light blue coat, with Yamato in his sheath, he looked over Nero.

“You’re going to be an important part of events to come boy…We can’t let you leave us just yet, rest Nero, for tomorrow will be a big day.”

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Wonderful stylish chapters...and they are well done...rep+...:)

p.s. - to me,I don;t really like Nero's attitude in your fiction,but it is your story.:)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
OH -claps hands- I think we have a winner here guys :)

THIS IS AWESOME MAN :) +rep. loved the whole Vergil appearing to Nero in his dream .lol. that was great man :)
However, why do NEro's own soldiers find it dishonourable to have a gun? as surely, if the master has one then it is likely to be honourable to have one.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, it's actually said in DMC4 that Nero is the only one permitted to use a gun, as the rest of the order find it dishonourable, and in this story, that hasn't really changed.

Nero's attitude will probably end up changing as the story progresses, but I'm not really fantastic at creating a cocky personality in storys. Thanks for the reviews though guys. :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ No probs, I just thought that you would update the Orders ways or something, but keeping them the same as 4 is fine, and entirely up to you.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I finally bring chapter 5, my first multi-part chapter, part two will come a little later, now I'm not too sure of this, as this chapter is a result of a sleepless night and one too many Stella's, still, I didn't think it was too bad, and I feel it gives a nice twist to the story, enjoy.

Chapter 5: Part 1: A latent power
Reawaken your lost power.

The rain poured down upon the city of Fortuna, almost as if Heaven itself was crying, every man, woman and child knew that their end would soon come, it had been years since the demon invasion began, and no hero had stepped up to fight them off, even after all this time, everything still looked as hopeless as the day it all began.

Some wonder if the destruction of the Saviour was truly and bad thing, Sanctus may have used it to defend his people, only those who stood against Sanctus knew what he truly planned to do with it, yet people still believed otherwise.

The war still remains firmly in the hands of the demons, and with the return of one of the most powerful…It all hinges on which side he takes.

Vergil stood atop the Fortuna temple spire, looking down upon the city, the rain beating down, soaking his hair, forcing him to quite closely resemble his brother, Dante, now his sword was once more in his possession, he needed only to unlock the powers stripped from him, and Yamato was key in doing this.

Two of his powers remained lost to him, these powers are what keeps Vergil from making his presence known to the humans, and he knew precisely where the first could be found.

He swan dived from the top of the spire, landing gracefully upon the streets below, he made his way through the empty streets, towards the place where Nero had been brought back, Vergil knew the old man there was aware of something that everyone else seemed oblivious to.

He stopped just outside the old smith’s house, one light remained switched on in the top bedroom, he silently opened the door of this old building.

“Can I help you?”

A voice whispered upon Vergil entering.

“Who is there? Show yourself.”

“I have no desire to fight you, I saw what you did to Nero, I wouldn’t want to receive the wounds you gave to him.”

Draxus stepped out from the shadows and came face to face with Vergil.

“You know much old man…You hide much from those around you…”
“Ah, you are perceptive my friend, I do indeed know things, things I wish I did not, ancient secrets lost to the ages, the secrets of the demons.”

“Tell me…What do you know of a half-breed demon’s ability to transform?”

Vergil said, Draxus took a seat, he enticed Vergil to sit in the sit opposite, he did so.

“You speak of the power known as Devil Trigger…Do you not?”

“I do indeed, do you know how such a half-breed may regain lost powers such as this?”

“You have lost your powers…The power to embrace your heritage, but I know of ways which you gain regain it…Your sword, you have noticed something different about it, correct?”

Draxus looked down at Yamato, his eyes fixed upon the blade.

“You are correct…What significance does this hold?”

“In the time young Nero has wielded it, it became accustomed to his blood, it became used to him as a master, if you will, your powers were dependant on the Devil Arm that you used…You are a young demon, it is natural. And because you have been parted from your sword for so long, it no longer recognises you, therefore no longer believes you to be its master, and does not grant you power.”

Vergil listened intently, daring not to speak.

“You are no longer the master of Yamato, even though the blade was passed down to you, you must regain your connection with it, the process may be difficult, or easy, depending upon which path you take, the blade hungers for power, this can come from defeating powerful demons, or slaying those with much knowledge, for as we know…Knowledge my friend, is power.”

“I see, I must be in tune with Yamato once again, to make my presence in this world realised, I must feed the blade…”

Vergil and Draxus both stood up, looking deeply into each other’s eyes.

“I must slay one of great power…Or of great knowledge, I already see an opportunity.”

Vergil placed his hand upon the hilt of Yamato.

“You would slay a man who willing accepted you into his home, and granted you knowledge to regain your powers? It would be foolish…”

“I am afraid so…”

Vergil drew his sword, with a swift cut, he ended the old man’s life, Draxus dropped to the floor, his blood covered the blade of Yamato, and with it, the blade seemed to spark into life, a blue aura surrounded it, enveloping Vergil, his eyes flashed green, Yamato melded to his arm, sheathed in a blue, fleshy sheath, closely resembling his coat.

“I return…My powers…Such power, flows through me, I had forgotten…What this feels like.”

Vergil’s voice grew deeper, almost metallic sounding, he stepped out of the building, the rain still pelted down upon the city, thunder crept in and cracked across the sky.

Draxus lay inside the house, blood spilled around him, his hand twitched, he began to convulse.

“Ah!”

He pulled himself back up onto his chair and looked down at his wound.

“What you didn’t count on…Boy, was that…In the years, I’ve picked up a few tricks of my own.”

Draxus laughed, the old man stood up and removed his blood stained shirt, he stepped outside and let the rain was down him, the blood dripped from his body and pooled on the ground around him, yet his injury…Or what should have been his injury, had vanished, as if he’d never been attacked.

“Vergil…May your powers serve you for now, but know this, your time will eventually draw to a close, your story must end soon…”

He looked up into the sky, the rain still beating down upon his face, his eyes flashed in a deep crimson and he stepped back inside, closing his door to the world.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Why thank you. :O

Not sure when the next chapter might come, whenever I'm NOT busy for once and when I have the motivation.

Thanks for the feedback.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
THAT... WAS... BRILLIANT. I could't stop reading, I've read it like three times now it's soo good. Keep this up man, love the whole Draxus and vergil talking about yamato, it was truly magnificient :) +rep

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sorry guys! Really am! I've been god awfully busy lately and I just have NOT had time to write, I promise I'll get another chapter up as soon as possible.

Top Bottom