• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Hands of Destiny

Twinblades

Dark Angel
PROLOGUE:

Long ago, a demon rebelled against his own kind in order to save mankind. Battle after battle, he confronted an old friend, and with that redeemed us all; using two swords, he sealed the two gateways of the demon world to ensure the safety of the humans, however being a demon himself, his powers were also sealed and was bound towards the human world to live as one of them. Soon the demon fell in love with a woman and gave birth to twins, that would eventually carry his legacy to protect the world. Years have passed and the demon mysteriously vanished, leaving his two sons swords that has unimaginable power sealed within: "Yamato", the sword of valor and power like that of a dragon sleeping within its sheath and glimmering blade, and the "Rebellion", a sword that marked sleeping potential awaiting to be awoken by a rightful owner; though it seemed that all was in good hands, little did he know of what will happen next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years passed an unimaginable tragedy struck, with their father missing, the twins and their mother were attacked by the same demon that fought against their father. Though the two managed to survive, they were wounded deeply by the death of their mother, and with that marked their destiny. The eldest of the twin, furious of what happened shunned himself to a path of darkness, forever seeking power to protect others but unknowing that his actions will lead him to his demise, while the other began to continue his father's work and to protect the weak through his own strength. But this will not be the last meeting of the two as after a year, they would meet again, but as enemies. Strayed to much from his journey to seek power, Vergil decided to revive their father's power and take it as his own even though it would open the gate of the demon world; Dante seeing his brother's actions were foolish, decided to confront him in order to stop him. In the end Dante managed to stop his brother, but with a price more unbearable than defeat...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been quite a burden to Dante, as the sole successor of his father, but soon he met a young man who lived in Fortuna, although the two were enemies at first, they began to see each other as allies, and soon saved the human world again from the threat of the demon world. But there are things that puzzled Dante about the young man, bearing a resemblance to himself and his brother Vergil, and being able to use his brother's sword with such proficiency, it was more than a coincidence. Could it be that his brother is alive?

Twinblades

Dark Angel
MISSION 1: THE ROAD TO TWILIGHT
~"Take the hand of destiny and embrace one's fate"

It was a dark day, all were sleeping soundly on their houses unknowing of the storm about to begin near their city, though the streets were quite, a lone motorcycle can be heard towards the distance.

"Tsk, its been a month since we met and suddenly he wants to meet me, what is it with that guy!" protested a young man while he rode in the city, his white hair glimmering to the night sky, his dark blue clothes fluttering from the wind, and a mysterious right arm emitting a strange power from within.

"Just a month after the whole incident, and I am forced to drag my *** to his shop! Boy I hope this is really important, or I'll be really ****ed off..."

Clouds then began to enshroud the night sky, and soon rain was falling in the streets.

"Oh great...just what I needed...Rain. Just where the heck is Dante's shop!" said the man as he began to rev up to avoid being soaked in rain, but soon in the distance something caught his attention. In a far building before him stood a man, dressed in a black trench coat while his long silver hair swayed with the wind.

"Who the heck? In the middle of a night" said Nero and soon afterwards his right arm began to resonate with a glow of blue. Moments later, the man drew out a sword from its sheath and sliced through the direction of the motorcycle, rain was slashed off so cleanly that it was not heard, and soon Nero knew he had to jump out of his bike. The wind of the slash began to make its way towards the motorcycle, and with one noise, it was slashed into two.

"Darn it, why of all the time it has to happen! Listen, I just got that, now what's your deal slashing it into two?!" said an angered Nero "Now listen here, I am not in a really good mood and you messed my bike, and I am not going empty handed..."

The man, jumped off the building and confronted Nero. Sword at the ready, Nero was prepared for the worst, and he began to unravel the sleeve that hid his Devil Bringer arm.

"So you want to fight, eh? Sure bring it!"

Nero then took his sword and began to duel with the man, who seemed quite collected and also ready. Nero aimed to stab the man in the chest, but the man parried his blow with such speed that a normal human being couldn't keep up.

"So that's how you play, 'eh? Guess theres there's no point in pulling out all the stops, Try this!"

Nero then pulled his revolver and consecutively shot the man several times, but his effort was meaningless, as the man unsheathed his sword and began to twirl it in a circular manner that stopped the bullets.

"Impossible!" said Nero in astonishment "How about this!" Nero then rushed forth the man, while firing his revolver so that he could manage to distract him and give him enough time time to be up and personal with his opponent. As he neared, he readied his Devil Bringer to deliver a massive blow to the body and head. With one great force, Nero struck a punch that shattered the drops of rain in mid-air.

"Heh, how you like that...*pant* *pant*" said Nero triumphantly as he felt that he landed a direct hit, but the next thing that he saw shocked him.

"Huh?!" as the drops of rain began to fall and clear his vision once again, Nero saw the unimaginable. His Devil Bringer arm, was blocked by another demon arm. Bearing similarity with his, but glowed a radiant yellow. Nero could only observe with awe on what he saw.

"That arm...but how could you?" said Nero,but he was tossed aside by the man's Devil Bringer that was on his left hand, and Nero was slammed towards a wall so hard that he was losing consciousness.

"So you were that kid that Dante met..." said the man with coldness in his voice, "I believe that you have something of mine" his arm then reached forth and a sword was drawn out of Nero's right arm.

"No...wait...stop." uttered Nero

"You were to see Dante, right?" said the man, "Do tell him that I sent an invitation, and he will accept it."

The man slowly then walked away towards darkness with Dante's sword in his hand, while Nero stretched forth his hand towards the man, and lost consciousness...

Twinblades

Dark Angel
Thanks, for the positive feedback :D, I'll try to update every so often. Guess you guys already have a clue on this "mystery man" eh?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I don't like to guess .lol. I want the suspense :)

Twinblades

Dark Angel
MISSION 2: THE PARTY
~"Shatter the silence of the evening, destiny beckons"

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Huh...Where am I?"

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Ouch, my head...hurts."

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"That man...No wait!!!" screamed Nero, as he awoken in a room decorated with posters and swords impaled in walls. Though the room didn't give off a very "homey" feel, it still felt very comforting and reassuring for visitors, knowing that the man who owns it really is quite skilled.

"Devil May Cry, what could we help you with?" answered a man dressed in a red trench coat from behind the desk, sitting comfortably with his feet resting upon the table.

"Uhuh...yes...hmmm..."

"Ah, see here, I really didn't pay quite good on my last job, so I'm afraid that I can't pay you yet..." said the man in a laughing manner.

"Yes, yes, I know how much I owe you, so please just wait for a little while, I promise to pay you back next time, ok?" the man then hanged the phone and looked at Nero, seeing that he is already awake and beamed a smile at him.

"You really made a scene there kid..." said the man

"Sleeping there at the streets, and screaming afterwards...Ha ha, I'm pretty much guessing you been to one hell of a party." laughed the man as he took a box of pizza from his table and helped himself from a slice.

"*umm* *umm* Hwu, whont shome?" asked the man, as he offered a slice to Nero.

"Ummm..no thanks" said Nero, and then something came to his mind. The man, the attack, his words and what he had done to Dante's sword, "Yamato"...

"We have no time to just stand here, Dante!" said Nero

"Just what did you want me for and you asked me all the way from Fortuna, to here!"

"And what are you talking about me being found lying down at the street!? Arggg...my head" clutched Nero to his head as he forced to stand from the sofa.

"Hey, hey! Easy now tiger when Trish found you, you were out cold in front of my shop, so If I were you take it easy, It might help you live longer." said Dante as he helped Nero to recover his composure.

"Now tell me, kiddo...Why are you lying outside of my shop? You trying a new move of yours?" asked Dante

"Of course not!" protested Nero from his seat, "I was...attacked"

"Ha! You? Been attack? Now that's rich, I know you're good looking and all but to think chicks would attack you for your good looks, why not just come to me." laughed Dante from his seat.

"I was not attacked by some girl, idiot! I was attacked by a man..." and Nero narrated everything to Dante, his encounter with the mysterious man, his left devil bringer and most importantly, his words and the "Yamato".

"Tsk, just great kid. Not only did you lose to some guy, you also lost my sword, didn't I told you that If you loose it, I'll kick your ***..." said Dante in a serious tone

"Weren't you listening?! I told you the man said it was his, tell me Dante, just who is the original owner of that sword?" protested Nero.

Dante walked towards his table, and took another slice of pizza before talking to Nero, about the history of Yamato.

"As you probably had already known...That sword was originally my father's and was used to seal the demon world from the human world..."

"Yes I know about it, It was after all sealed in Fortuna"

"Yes, and before he disappeared he gave two swords to us...my brother and I, and one of those swords is Yamato."

"What do you mean by "us"?" asked Nero out of curiosity

"My brother...Vergil, he was the owner of that sword." said Dante, "Now it didn't occurred to me that my brother intended to reopen the gate to the demon world to acquire our father's power"

"Open the gate? I thought that the gate in Fortuna is the only one?"

"Well you're wrong kid, actually there are three gates: The one in Fotuna, the "Temin-ne-gru" underneath this city, and another one I haven't found yet..." said Dante, "And just recently, I found out the key in opening that other gate...and that's the reason why I called for you Nero"

"...What do you mean?" asked Nero

"Your arm, the Devil Bringer as it is called, is one of the arm possessing the power of my old man, actually all that I could decipher is that, if the two arms are met together, the gate will open..."

"This has to be a joke..." laughed Nero, "This arm? A key, haha"

"That's also what I thought at first, but after hearing your story...I could say its probably true"

Seconds later, an earthquake occurred. Dante and Nero went outside to look, only to find the busy streets littered in demons, and people running for their lives, all was engulfed in chaos.

"Heh, looks like this is his invitation, kid." said Dante

"And looks like we'll be quite busy for awhile" grinned Nero eager to destroy the demons, as his arm began to radiate.

"Alrighty then! Let's save our talk for later" walked Dante in front of the fray, "I'm getting a feeling that this would be a hell of a celebration..."

"The one who gets left behind is a rotten egg, try to keep up then oldie" and Nero rushed headlong the demons awaiting for their demise.

"Such a punk that kid, guess I won't lose. LET'S ROCK!!!"

Twinblades

Dark Angel
MISSION 3: SHADOWS OF THE VEIL
~"Slice through the shadows of doubt and take destiny by hand"

The battle below begins to heat up, as both devil hunters slash through the horde of demons that litters the once deserted streets of the city. Though the two treated it as if it were a game, two masked men stand idle upon the shadows of a near by clock tower; observing silently on the battle going down below.

*laugh* "Just look at them brother" said the first man clothed in a black robe, and was masked by a sinister looking jester's mask that has a fixed sadistic smile as if it were enjoying everything it sees, while his pale gray hair shimmered under the moonlight.

"Two devil hunters in this city, and I thought our target, Dante, was the only one, Hahaha this is amusing can I kill them brother?"

"Patience brother" said the second man dressed in an elegant green garb, while his companion's mask has a fixed smile, his was emotionless and empty, showing only his dark yellow eyes fixed upon the battle.

"These two are interesting, not only are they defeating my latest creations, but they also display an odd power...especially that boy." as he pointed his hand towards Nero

"Shall I kill him then Darius?" asked the man

"I supposed, you could play with them for a while brother, but please do so neatly...I still need them for my research."

"Hmph, very well then!"

"Come...NIGHTMARE!!!" and a sinister looking scythe suddenly materialized unto the man's hand, and he dived head long unto the fray.

"Thirty seven! Thirty eight!" counted Dante as he slashed his sword through enemies, "Forty five!!!" said Dante as he impaled a group of enemies through his sword after he performed a devastating Stinger.

"How you doing kid?" asked Dante

"Fifty! Fifty five! Sixty!!! Huh? You said something?" smirked Nero as he pulled demon upon demon unto his sword.

"Hmph, no fair kid!" objected Dante

"Well you might be just going retro, old timer" laughed Nero

Suddenly a flashing black ball of energy annihilated the whole crowd, and the two demon hunters dodged the attack.

"Tsk, I missed eh?" said the man

"Just who the heck do you think you are?!" asked Nero

"Yeah, barging up here and stealing all the fun." laughed Dante

"Oh, so sorry then allow me to show my apology by giving...THIS!!!" and a ball of energy shot out of the man's hand, but the two devil hunter's saw the attack and again dodged the attack. Seconds later Nero pulled his revolver, as was Dante as he also pulled his twin pistols and let out a barrage of bullets to their enemy.

But the man vanished and reappeared behind them, as soon as he was about to attack Dante with his scythe, Nero blocked the blow with his sword and the two crossed blades, Dante then took his sword and let out a Drive cut that traveled towards the man and let out a huge explosion as it had contact.

Nero jumped out from the explosion and shot a barrage of bullets unto the unseen enemy in the smoke, as the smoke began to clear up, the man was already behind Nero and knock him back with a quick hit from the pole of his scythe. Dante seeing this attempted to help the young devil hunter, but was also attacked by the man and rendered him unconscious.

"Grr! Just who the heck are you?" asked Nero as he struggled to his feet

"Still alive? No matter then, I'll make it quick..." laughed the attacker as he walked up to Nero.

"Any last words?"

"Yeah...Go blow yourself moron!" and Nero managed to grab hold unto the man's head and delivered an earth shattering blow.

"The Devil Bringer?!" said the Nero's opponent as he was caught off guard and was repeatedly strucked by the dreaded hand.

"Sweet dreams punk!" said Nero as he was about to deliver the finishing strike, but then another man suddenly appeared and took hold of the hand.

"Interesting...so you have the key" said the man

"Well then I guess you are also a threat...so sorry but you must be eliminated..."

Already weary, Nero was powerless and was about to be killed, but suddenly, a lone gush of wind suddenly arised and a deep cut suddenly developed unto a nearby wall.

"So your still alive? Clearly we are at a disadvantage, retreat brother" said the man and he vanished completely into darkness.

"This is not over yet over owner of the Devil Bringer, we will meet again and we will finish this!" and their battered opponent also disappeared from their sights.

Seconds later, Dante woke up and the two devil hunters where left in the streets, while a scrap of paper flew to the sky, Dante caught it, a letter:

"You are still weak..."

Top Bottom