• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry/Bayonetta universe?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
A while back I made a post about angels in some way being introduced into the DMC world. Whether it was a new foe, ally, or even a playable character and got a general response of disagreement. Which is fine, I respect others opinions and enjoy discussing these things. But the DMC and Bayonetta worlds are so similar and alike that I think it would mix very well. There is so much that connects them together, that this could definitely add to the story as well as gameplay. Thoughts?

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
I don't think Kamiya created Bayonetta with the outright intention of it being in a shared universe with DMC. It was more like....hint-hint, squint-squint.

Technically speaking, Luka's surname is Redgrave. But in the DMC universe, that's the surname Dante uses as a civilian alias for the deed to his business, and well, other mumbo jumbo.

But, there's also the Sparda situation with his guns, and...

You know what? **** it. The entire DMC canon is an absolute and total clusterfuck. It's worse than Kingdom Hearts. With every entry, and every interview, and every bit of supplemental materials, we get half a dozen retcons. So you know what? Skip the cutscenes, ignore the lore, and just go crazy with the combat. That's what it's all really there for anyway.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
I don't think Kamiya created Bayonetta with the outright intention of it being in a shared universe with DMC. It was more like....hint-hint, squint-squint.

Technically speaking, Luka's surname is Redgrave. But in the DMC universe, that's the surname Dante uses as a civilian alias for the deed to his business, and well, other mumbo jumbo.

But, there's also the Sparda situation with his guns, and...

You know what? **** it. The entire DMC canon is an absolute and total clusterfuck. It's worse than Kingdom Hearts. With every entry, and every interview, and every bit of supplemental materials, we get half a dozen retcons. So you know what? Skip the cutscenes, ignore the lore, and just go crazy with the combat. That's what it's all really there for anyway.

It is a total mess......but I enjoy it so much

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Not the worst idea ever. I'd say it'd probably be a bit tricky introducing them into the series so late into it.

Angels already "exist/existed" in DmC however, so it'd fit better in there I reckon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It's not like there wouldn't be chemistry between Dante and Bayo.

shall_we_dance__by_vlsn-d33nnll.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm not sure i follow, are you saying they are connected or it would be great to connect them?

Either way, unless they have a crossover, their universes being connected wouldn't really change anything.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
EEEEH not for me though. Bayonetta's brand of insane stylish would really clash with Devil May Cry's brand of stylish.

For me its one of those things I'd like to see combined, but then again, nooo...

Top Bottom