• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Nero-Vergil-Similarities...AGAIN!!! lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Soooo ive recently been playing devil may cry 4 and ive notcied(much like everyone else) that nero and vergil share quite a bit of similarities however i wanted to bring to light some things that might not have been mentioned yet.

i mean for starters...

they do look similar in terms of body type and facial features
in the fight against sanctus in the cut scene it looks like nero used on of vergil's moves from dmc3 (i believe its the rapid slash??? where vergil rushes forward and creates a series of slashes around his body)
am i the only one that noticed that when nero DT's and shoots his gun it the swords that also shoot with the gunshot look very similar to vergil's summoned sword's technique?
(i know this has been mentioned before but) his DT does look similar to nelo angelo
im sure ill think of other similarities and im sure other's will too but these ones above tripped me out lol

also i have a scenario...what if nelo angelo(vergil) didnt really die??? i mean he fought dante and then just vanished into a huge thing of light...what if he idk what if his body was destroyed but his spirit lived on and just traveled around until it reaced fortuna in which it found a demon body to inhabit, attacked nero and kyrie and when nero killed it vergil's spirit left that body and went into nero's i mean its possible.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
im sure ill think of other similarities and im sure other's will too but these ones above tripped me out lol

The spectre with his D.T also has an arm sheathe the same as Vergils D.T.
He says several similar phrases when using moves such as "Crash"
Nelo Angelo is supposed to be Nero Angelo but mistranslation problems caused it to be Nelo.
Nero said a voice echoed inside his head saying "I need more power" when he gained D.T which is something Vergil said when facing Dante.

But I'm 99.7% sure these are all just coincidences.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Thats way to many coincidences in my opinion lol also ninja gaiden 3 re this weekend?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
as far as im concerned i think vergils spirit could be in nero i mean its possible isnt it?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Sounds good and it's defiantly a possibility, though I like to lean more towards the father/son angle myself.

Idk the timelines just dont allow for a father son relationship very much but the whole spirit context..i mean nero is pretty aloof and distant most of the time the facial featers the way he use's yamato the DT look the summond swords he uses the speech patterns the way yamato repaired itself for him i just feel like vergil's spirit is inside nero

SpawnShooter

Idk the timelines just dont allow for a father son relationship very much but the whole spirit context..i mean nero is pretty aloof and distant most of the time the facial featers the way he use's yamato the DT look the summond swords he uses the speech patterns the way yamato repaired itself for him i just feel like vergil's spirit is inside nero

There's no official timeline and two are speculated at through various sources. One that quite nicely fits in with the father son angle and one that fits in with your theory.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Soooo ive recently been playing devil may cry 4 and ive notcied(much like everyone else) that nero and vergil share quite a bit of similarities however i wanted to bring to light some things that might not have been mentioned yet.

i mean for starters...

they do look similar in terms of body type and facial features
in the fight against sanctus in the cut scene it looks like nero used on of vergil's moves from dmc3 (i believe its the rapid slash??? where vergil rushes forward and creates a series of slashes around his body)
am i the only one that noticed that when nero DT's and shoots his gun it the swords that also shoot with the gunshot look very similar to vergil's summoned sword's technique?
(i know this has been mentioned before but) his DT does look similar to nelo angelo

also i have a scenario...what if nelo angelo(vergil) didnt really die??? i mean he fought dante and then just vanished into a huge thing of light...what if he idk what if his body was destroyed but his spirit lived on and just traveled around until it reaced fortuna in which it found a demon body to inhabit, attacked nero and kyrie and when nero killed it vergil's spirit left that body and went into nero's i mean its possible.

- Well yeah, he's another family member of Sparda, so you can expect him to look much like Dante and Vergil.
- Yup.
- They are pretty much the summoned swords, only he flings instead of launches them. I think they're even called summoned swords.
- His Devil Trigger doesn't really look like Nero Angelo to me. In Nero's concept art, he actually has a Devil Trigger body like Dante that looks exactly like his blue ghost-like Devil Trigger you see in the game. The only difference being that his DT in the game is fully blue, whereas in the art it's blue and red. Oh, and Nero Angelo did not have a sword sheath, and no broken halo attached to his shoulders, but Nero's DT does. It seems to me that Nero's DT is a combination of his own devil trigger and that of Vergil. It's blue because he got his Devil Trigger by using Yamato. No doubt part of Vergil's soul was still inside the Yamato, and called out to Nero: ''a voice echoed: power. Give me more power!''

Nero Angelo did die, as far as we know. The Bianco Angelos and the Gladius demons in DMC4 are made out of fragments of Nero Angelo - the demon files you can find in the game state that explicitly. For proof, read this devil may cry wikia entry: http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Alto_&_Bianco_Angelo

I noticed a lot of similarities between him and Vergil, too. What I did notice, though, was that these similarities come to light mainly when he uses the Yamato. So that strongly implies to me that he's channeling Vergil through the Yamato. So I suppose Vergil's soul is not inside Nero, but rather, inside the Yamato. He also said stuff like ''begone'' and ''crash'' and ''jackpot''. I just looked for a video on Youtube showing all his DT attacks, but I can't find one that has clear audio.

And in reply to Spawnshooter's comment about there being no official timeline, I don't think that's right. The DMC4 developers said Dante was around ten years older than in DMC3, so that makes him about thirty. That's about as official as it gets, even though it probably wasn't said 'on the record'. Nero would definitely not be Vergil's son if that timeline is correct.

SpawnShooter

And in reply to Spawnshooter's comment about there being no official timeline, I don't think that's right. The DMC4 developers said Dante was around ten years older than in DMC3, so that makes him about thirty. That's about as official as it gets, even though it probably wasn't said 'on the record'. Nero would definitely not be Vergil's son if that timeline is correct.

True but there are also cases of them saying Dante in DMC4 was in his mid 30s making it fit.
There are different things said at different times by different people so it's who you want to believe really.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the games themselves dont give you context for the timeline or ages so its flexible.

there probably is a timeline, its just not set in stone

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it be nice if he was vergil's son as long as the timeline worked im not even worried over the whole (he doesnt have a real DT) debate nero is what 17 in dmc4? dante was 19 when he got his DT so in comparison nero is ahead of the game with a partial dt at 17. i still hope they bring him back and have the state of his arm spread to the rest of his body untill it becomes a full dt and he's able to change back and forth

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
it be nice if he was vergil's son as long as the timeline worked im not even worried over the whole (he doesnt have a real DT) debate nero is what 17 in dmc4? dante was 19 when he got his DT so in comparison nero is ahead of the game with a partial dt at 17. i still hope they bring him back and have the state of his arm spread to the rest of his body untill it becomes a full dt and he's able to change back and forth

I think Nero is 19 in DMC4 just like Dante was in DMC3. I still feel the timeline doesn't work, even if Dante is 35 instead of thirty. 35-19 = 16, so Vergil had Nero when he was 16? Still don't find it likely. Besides, I think it would be more interesting if he were some kind of experiment, and it would make all his similarities to Sparda/Dante + Vergil much more believable.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think Nero is 19 in DMC4 just like Dante was in DMC3. I still feel the timeline doesn't work, even if Dante is 35 instead of thirty. 35-19 = 16, so Vergil had Nero when he was 16? Still don't find it likely. Besides, I think it would be more interesting if he were some kind of experiment, and it would make all his similarities to Sparda/Dante + Vergil much more believable.

already posted a thread abotu a scenario of him beign an experiment created from the blood of dante(red) and the blood of veril(blue) (and by the the red and blue i mean their character colours) and born from a relative of eva's bloodline

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
already posted a thread abotu a scenario of him beign an experiment created from the blood of dante(red) and the blood of veril(blue) (and by the the red and blue i mean their character colours) and born from a relative of eva's bloodline

I know. I posted comments there too, remember? I feel so appreciated :p

Top Bottom