• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cook

Viper

Premium
Dante may have never been seen cooking, but his fans can't live on pizza and strawberry sundae alone. And sometimes they have to enter the frightening battle arena usually referred to as "kitchen".

So post you recipes, no matter their level of difficulty.

To start, here is my lunch for today.

Pasta Dante

500g tomato puree
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon or more of chilli flakes (dried chilli peppers that were sliced as small as possible)
1 tablespoon of sugar (though that all depends on the taste of tomato)
any pasta you want

Cook pasta and put it on the side.
Mix all ingredients for sauce, bring it to boil and let it cook for few minutes. Pour over pasta and sprinkle with parmigiano or a similar cheese.

I called this pasta Dante, cause it looks so red, and you are first treated to a taste of typical Italian cuisine, but the more you eat, the fresh taste of chilli burning your taste buds, the devil within, will be noticeable.
Also, this recipe is so fast and easy even Dante could make it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sweeeeeeet.

Pizza a la Dante
Ingredients:

- plain greek yoghurt
- self-raising flour
- Dante

Method:
-Mix 1 cup yoghurt to 1 cup s/r flour.
- Shape as desired.
- Add pizza sauce and lots of cheese, pepperoni, and Dante (whatever topping you desire)
- Pop in oven at 180-200 degrees, depending on how hungry you are, for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!
And you're welcome =)

Viper

Premium
Bučnica (squash strudel)

Version 1

package of strudel dough (we can buy this in stores here, if you can't find it, there are lots of recipes on the net)
750 g of squash or pumpkin
750 g of cottage cheese
3-4 eggs
1 dl sour cream (+ more for spreading on top)
salt
butter

Grate the squash on larger holes, so you get longer strips of ~3 mm in diameter. Season with salt and let rest.
After some time, take smaller amount into your hand, squeeze tightly to get water out and put in another bowl.
Mix with cottage cheese, cream and eggs.

Put the dough on your working surface, spread few tablespoons of squash with cheese on one half of each sheet and place 2-3 small chunks of butter. Roll into a strudel and put into a baking tray. Once all strudels are in, smear sour cream all over them, place some more chunks of butter to prevent the dough from drying out too much and bake on about 200°C until the surface starts to turn brown. Eat while warm.

Version 2 (sweet version)

The procedure is the same, just with a different mixture. Forget cheese, cream and eggs, and when you put the squash on dough, sprinkle with sugar and poppy seeds. Some pour a bit of mixture of eggs and sour cream (1 egg on 2 dl of cream), but I've never seen my mom do it and it turns out fine.

Viper

Premium
It seems to me I'm the only devil that experiments in the kitchen. XD

Hokkaido squash pudding

1 hokkaido squash
2 tablespoons of honey
some milk
cinnamon

Cut the squash in half, take out the seeds, put 1 tablespoon of honey in each half and bake until soft. Scrape the puree into a pan and pour enough milk to cover it. Put cinnamon in, about a teaspoon. Bring to boil and cook while stirring until the starch from the squash thickens the milk.
You should get a nice yellow pudding (possibly with chunks of squash puree, mine was quite dry after baking).

Be careful the mixture doesn't get caught on the bottom, like it happened to me. I left it for 1-2 minutes unsupervised and stuff happened. Still delicious, though. :D

Viper

Premium
Not really a cooking recipe, but it is done in the kitchen.

Cough syrup

Nice, round black radish
honey

Cut the top of the radish and dig out a hole so that the edges are still quite thick, but you can put a teaspoon in. Fill to about 2/3 with honey. Place on a glass so it doesn't roll over and cover. Let it rest for few hours, best over night while it slowly releases it's juice. In case of a cough, take 1 teaspoon a day.
Some people figured it out to cut the bottom as well and poke a hole with a needle, making the juice slowly run into the glass, though in that case there is possibility of honey running through too fast, not picking up enough good stuff.
Some women even recommend to grate a bit of black radish and eat it with honey, though be careful not to eat too much.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I am a picky eater, so here's one that should be easy to do.
Tuna Salsa

Tuna (your choice of what brand...preferably in a can of water. [Yes there are different species of Tuna people :D])
Cilantro
Tomatoes
Onion
Lemon/Lemon juice
Salt​

• After opening and draining the majority of the water, scoop out the tuna in a bowl.
  • Take the leaves off the top of the stem of cilantro, cut the leaves into tiny pieces and in it goes in the bowl. About...5 stems should do the trick.
  • Chop up half of an onion and the tomato (or use it all if you want) and add to the ingredients.
  • Slice the lemon in half and squirt the juice into the salsa (hold the seeds)/pour the lemon juice.
  • Add salt
  • Stir and taste
  • Presto.
*Tip. Careful of how much salt you add. The juice from the lemon will soak it up, so taste it every so often until it's just right for you.

Viper

Premium
Capcom has a Capcom themed restaurant, what's the DMC recipe again?
I found the menu, but it's in japanese.
What google could translate and I recognized, Dante has pizza that is half salami, half Margherita. Nero salad has lettuce, raw ham, pieces of tomato and orange (?) in it. Trish has tortilla wraps with chicken, cheese and veggies with chilli sauce (and maybe mango, translation was of course wonky).

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Not really a DMC-inspired recipe, but this is what I'm currently making for dinner. Long, somewhat difficult recipes incoming.

Country Bread:
Water (at body temperature)
All Purpose Flour
Bread Flour
Active Dry Yeast
Salt
Sugar
Cornmeal

In the biggest bowl you have (you want it to be super big or the dough will rise and eat your fridge), combine 3/4 cup (180 grams) of water, 1 cup (140 grams) all purpose flour, and 1/4 teaspoon of yeast until there's no dry clumps of flour left and it's really sloshy and wet. Cover the bowl and let it sit for at least 4 hours (but closer to 8 hours, if you have time). Add 1/4 cup (35 grams) all purpose flour. The mixture should be stiffer now, like a really loose dough. Recover it and put it in the fridge over night. When you come back for it in the morning your sponge (bread base) will be ready.

Remove the bread sponge from the bowl and set it aside for a few minutes (it mixes with other ingredients best when it's closer to room temperature, in my opinion). In the bowl (you're using a big one, right?) mix together 1 1/2 cups (360 grams) water, 2 cups (280 grams) all purpose flour, and 2 cups bread flour until you have a shaggy, somewhat stiff dough. Cover it and let it rest for ten minutes. (According to my cookbook, this helps make the dough easier for mixing later on. *shrugs*) Add the sponge, a pinch of yeast, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon of sugar to the dough and knead it for about 5 or 6 minutes, depending on how strong and how experienced with bread kneading you are. This is going to sound weird, but feel your earlobe and then feel the dough. They should feel about the same. If your dough is stiffer than that, add in a little bit of water; if it's too loose, add in a little bit of all purpose flour. Once it's the right consistency, remove the dough from the bowl and set it aside. If there's too much dough around the edges of the bowl, you may need to rinse it out and dry it as well as you can. Oil the bowl with olive oil and roll the dough in it until it's lightly coated. Recover the bowl and let it rest in a warm area for about 3 hours. Flour your hands and work area and remove the dough from the bowl. Now is when you want to decide how many loaves you want to make (you can also make rolls with the dough). Cut the dough into as many sections as you'll require (I like to use a really sharp knife dipped in warm water to make it easier) and shape each bit of dough into a taut ball. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a cookie sheet (it'll keep the bread from sticking), and place the dough balls on it with room for each one to rise. Cover each one loosely with plastic wrap or tin foil and let them rest for 3 hours at room temperature.

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (it needs to be hot when the dough goes in or it won't cook properly). Remove the plastic/foil from your dough and sprinkle each one with flour (I like to make sure it's covered evenly) and slash your loaves (you know how pies and stuff have pretty designs cut into them? It's like that. It helps vent steam, or so I've heard. Alternatively, you can leave the loves unslashed and let them break open naturally. It's up to you). Place the cookie sheet in the oven. On the rack below you want to put a metal pan (metal is important as a glass one will explode...trust me, I had that happen the first time I made bread) that's about half full of water into the oven. The water will make the air in the oven moist enough so it will properly rise and not get too dry. Bake the bread for about 40 minutes--the tops of each loaf should be a nice golden brown and the bottoms should be a little darker and make a hollow sound if you thump them. It's normal for the cornmeal in the pan to burn. Let the loaves rest until you're ready to eat them. You might want to use a dry paper towel to wipe off excess flour and cornmeal. Enjoy. ^^

---

Potato Chowder:
1 package of bacon, diced
1 chub jimmy dean maple sausage (the kind where you have to make your own sausage patties, not anything pre-formed)
4 tablespoons butter
1-2 onions, diced (if it's a giant onion, then you'll need one; if they're small, then use two unless you don't care for onions)
2 teaspoons sage
2 teaspoons mustard powder
Your favorite type of potato...and you're gonna need several pounds. (It's up to you if you want them peeled or not, but you want to get them chopped up into medium-sized pieces)
6 cups chicken stock or water
3 cups heavy cream (usually labeled whipping cream, though half and half works just as well)
salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheese, to your tastes

optional:
tabasco sauce to taste
4 scallions, sliced thin

In a heavy soup pot, cook both the bacon and the sausage until the bacon is crispy and the sausage is cooked through. Remove them from the pot and set aside to drain. Pour out all the fat from the pot except for 2 tablespoons. Add the onions, butter, and sage to the reserved fat and saute until the onions are soft, but not brown. Add the mustard powder and cook for another minutes. Add the potatoes and the stock (if you want a thicker soup, add less stock). Turn the heat up, cover the soup pot, bring the soup to a boil, and cook for about 12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Lower the heat to medium high and smash the potatoes up as much as possible then cook for a few minutes more (basically until the potato starch has thickened it. If the soup is still too thin, add a little cornstarch). Remove the chowder from the heat and add the cream. Adjust seasoning to your liking, add the cheese (and stir it in until it melts) and let the chowder rest for about an hour. Reheat over low heat and then serve it.

=) Hope you enjoy the recipes. Sorry for the wall o' text.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I found the menu, but it's in japanese.
What google could translate and I recognized, Dante has pizza that is half salami, half Margherita. Nero salad has lettuce, raw ham, pieces of tomato and orange (?) in it. Trish has tortilla wraps with chicken, cheese and veggies with chilli sauce (and maybe mango, translation was of course wonky).
Sounds pretty good, actually. The Dante pizza, though, is a bit unimpressive. I have nothing against simplicity in cooking but the pizza sounds too simple. Never had margherita but salami isn't particularly interesting on it's own.

Still, I want to try all of them.

Edit: Don't forget the drinks:
http://www.paselabo.tv/capcombar/menu/drink.html

Viper

Premium
Sounds pretty good, actually. The Dante pizza, though, is a bit unimpressive. I have nothing against simplicity in cooking but the pizza sounds too simple. Never had margherita but salami isn't particularly interesting on it's own.

Still, I want to try all of them.

Edit: Don't forget the drinks:
http://www.paselabo.tv/capcombar/menu/drink.html
I know, I was kinda disappointed when I saw the picture considering Dante eats his with extra cheese and prosciutto, and from the looks of it in the game there might be more in the combo.

Oh, the drinks, how could I overlook them! Got me laughing when I realized Dante's drink is soft strawberry lemonade, while Nero has something strong to offer with vodka. XD

Viper

Premium
Chickpeas Sunny (for 3-4 people)

~400 g chickpeas
1 onion
240 g of peeled tomatoes in sauce
1 spoon of tomato concentrate
2 teaspoons of curry spice mix
some nutmeg
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
2 teaspoons of dry parsley
2 teaspoons of paprika
2 spoons of Vegeta (no, not that guy, this Vegeta) or a similar mix
salt
oil

Chickpeas need to be placed in a bowl and covered in water the evening before. They drink a lot, so don't be stingy with the liquid.

Next day pour some oil in a large pan, put finely chopped onion in it, curry, chilli, nutmeg and paprika and fry for a little while to release the aroma.
Put chickpeas in together with leftover water, chopped tomatoes, tomato concentrate, salt and Vegeta. Add a little bit more water if chickpeas are not fully covered.
Cook while stirring occasionally until chickpeas are soft inside, and add parsley near the end.
Serve with toasted bread.

Chickpeas snack

~200 g chickpeas (soaked the night before)
oil
1 spoon of Vegeta
some cumin
1 spoon of paprika
some nutmeg

Mix oil with spices and add chickpeas (not the water this time). Keep mixing until fully covered. Place a sheet of baking paper in a tin and spread out chickpeas on it so they are in one layer. Bake in preheated oven (~230°C) for about 45 minutes until they are a nice brownish snack.

Maxman

Am drooling Rainbows

1282786204310.jpg

Viper

Premium
This is what we're having for Christmas, at my request. :D

Winter hats (aka Šubarice... named after šubara, a fur hat characteristic for eastern Europe)

Basic part:
8 eggs
250 g sugar
4 tablespoons oil
6 tablespoons milk
250 g flour
6 g baking powder

Decoration:
200 g coconut flour

Cream:
500 ml milk
2 bags of vanilla pudding mix
200 g sugar
250 g butter

Glaze:
100 g butter
3 tablespoons sugar
60 g cooking chocolate
3 tablespoons milk

The basic:
Separate egg whites from yolks. Make a firm snow from egg whites. Beat yolks with sugar until foamy. Combine with snow, and while stirring continuously add oil, milk, flour and baking powder. Pour out in a deeper tin (though not too deep) covered with baking paper. Bake 20 minutes on 200°C.

Cream filling:
Mix pudding powder with some of the milk, make sure there are no lumps. Add sugar into the rest of the milk and bring to boil. As soon as it boils, lower the temperature and add pudding while stirring. When the mixture thickens, take off heat and let it cool completely. Mix in the butter till it's all even.

Glaze:
Stirring continuously, on low heat melt all the ingredients. Make sure it doesn't boil.

Order of making:
1. When the base cools, cut out circles with a medium sized glass.
2. Cut each circle in half longitudinally (to get two circles).
3. Take bottom circle and put some cream on it, then cover with top circle.
4. Smear a bit of cream on the edge, roll into coconut so it's nicely covered.
5. Cover the top, just the top, of each cake with chocolate glaze.

And since there was going to be some leftover cake from cutting the circles, mom decided to make this one as well.

Jaffa cubes

For cake:
4 eggs
200 g sugar
300 g flour
4 tablespoons oil
300 ml milk
12 g baking powder

For cream:
2 oranges
2 tablespoons of apricot jam
200 ml water
200 g sugar
half of the cake you'll bake right now

For chocolate glaze:
100 g cooking chocolate
100 g butter

Separate egg white from yolks, make firm snow from egg whites. Mix sugar and yolks until foamy. Stirring continuously add milk, oil, flour and baking powder. Lightly mix in snow.
Pour into a deeper tin and bake in preheated oven on 180°C for 20 minutes. While it's still hot take it out of the tin and cut through the middle longitudinally.
One half of the cake will be needed for the cream.

Wash the oranges well, dry them and leave in the freezer for about an hour. Grate frozen oranges, peel and everything, on large grating holes. Crumble the cake and mix with oranges and jam. Put sugar into water and bring to boil, cooking until sugar melts and makes a nice syrup. Pour onto orange mixture and mix well until even. Spread evenly on the cake.

Melt chocolate and butter over steam bath. Pour it over the cake.

Cut into cubes when cold (preferably after a bit of time in the fridge).

Viper

Premium
Devil wasn't cooking much lately, at least nothing interesting for here, but I'm finally making myself write down my favorite dish of all time...

Sarma (Croatian version, though even those slightly differ from each cook)

~850 g minced meat (preferably beef:pork in 50:50)
1 larger head of sour cabbage
2 eggs
a handful of rice
salt, pepper, nutmeg, paprika
bacon, dried meat
tomato concentrate

Put meat in a bowl, mix in rice, eggs and spices, and turn it into a nice, even mixture.
Take the cabbage head and carefully peel off leaves one by one. Put about 1-2 tablespoon of meat on the thicker end of each leaf (enough for the leaf to be nicely filled, but that it doesn't break through). Now you can either fold each side and roll to the end, or roll and push each side in with your finger, either way you need to get a nice little pillow. Do so until you run out of meat.
Take the remaining sour cabbage and cut it into thin strips. Place half of them on the bottom of the pot, put sarme on top of it in nice order. This is optional, but for a better taste you can place pieces of bacon and dry meat around. Cover everything with remaining cabbage strips.
Put some more spices over it all, a tablespoon of tomato concentrate, pour water till it's all covered and bring to boil. Cook for about 2 hours.
Serve with homemade bread or boiled potatoes.

Sarma is traditionally made here for New Years Eve and eaten on New Years, since it tastes better the next day. It can stay good for few days and can even be frozen.

This next one is rarely made in our house, and Croatians tend to leave out the cream and add tomato, but I found the Hungarian recipe on a cook site, and since Hungary is the home of this one, I thought I'll just translate it for you.

Szekely goulash

400 g pork
500 g sauerkraut
200 g bacon
4 potatoes
2 onions
5 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons flour
200 ml sour cream
3-4 tablespoons grease
2 tablespoons paprika
1 liter of chicken soup
2 teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper

Cut pork in smaller pieces. Mix salt and cumin and rub the meat with it. Leave to stay for at least half an hour.
Rinse sauerkraut and fry on half the grease for about 5-7 minutes.
In a bigger pot melt the rest of the grease and fry onions and meat on it for 10-12 minutes. Near the end add garlic and fry for another minute. Add fried sauerkraut.
Cover with soup and add potatoes cut into larger pieces. Add paprika and pepper. Cook around 1-1,5 hour in covered pot. Add water if necessary.
Mix sour cream with flour, then add it all into goulash and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serve with bread.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Felt kinda lazy tonight, so here's something simple (it sounds harder than it is).

Chicken Puffs:
12 oz can of chicken in water
approx. 4 oz of whipped cream cheese at room temp (though I'm sure other cheeses of the same consistency would work just find as long as it's not something that melts greasily)
chives (you can find them in with fresh herbs in the grocery store, and you'll need enough to equal about half a tablespoon when chopped finely)
egg roll wrappers (I usually find them in the produce section; you can also use wonton wrappers, but they'll end up much smaller, more like snack sized...which could be good for parties)
oil and a pan deep enough to deep fry the puffs

Separate the chicken from the water and set the water aside. Shred the chicken with a fork and mix in the chives and the cheese. It should be the consistency of a loose meatball--thick enough to shape, but thin enough that it'll fall apart if you drop it back into the bowl; if it's too thick, add in some of the chicken water, too thin, then add in more cheese. Scoop it into a pastry bag (if you don't have one, a Ziploc bag works just fine as long as you keep the filling in one corner of the bag) and refrigerate it for about half an hour so the cheese thickens up again.

Once the filling's cooled, start heating up the oil at a medium heat. Fill the wrappers as per the package instructions (you should make around 10 if using eggroll wrappers, be careful not to overfill them). There's two ways to fry these:
1) The slow way: when the oil's around 200° F, start frying them until they're golden brown and heated thoroughly. (This way is also kinda risky as you can curdle the cheese.)
2) The fast way: heat the oil to 350° F and fry the puffs, it should seriously only take a minute each, though the centres will not be warmed.
Either way, set them aside on paper towels to drain the oil from the puffs. If you chose to do it the fast way (or just want to be sure on the slow way), heat the oven to 350° F, wrap the puffs up in aluminum foil and bake for ten to fifteen minutes. And then eat them. ^^

I haven't found a sauce for them, yet, but I'm sure some kind would be good with it. Hope you enjoy. ^^

Viper

Premium
This recipe has apparently been passed around women on facebook, till it one day found itself on recipe sharing site I follow. I can't guarantee it will actually help, but it makes for a very delicious candy.

Candy for sore throat

350 g sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
2 teaspoons finely crushed sage
pinch of cinnamon

+ powdered sugar for keeping candy from sticking to each other

Mix all ingredients in a pan, bring it to boil. When it boils, reduce the flame and cook for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally. (The original recipe says 10-15 minutes, but my mom noticed the mixture turning brown and having smell of fried sugar after about 5 minutes, so keep track of changes and maybe even reduce the time)

After it's been cooked, take off the flame and leave to sit for 2-3 minutes so foam would come down. Cover a tray with baking paper and grabbing the mixture with spoon make circles. When they harden cover them with powder sugar so they don't stick to each other.
Alternatively, you can pour it all out in a deeper baking tin covered with baking paper and crush with hammer once it hardens.

Viper

Premium
Found this recipe in a magazine, doubt I'll try it out so soon myself, cause no strawberry jam, no strawberries and... too much kilos on my butt and thighs. ^^;

Strawberry pizza

20 g fresh yeast
2-3 tablespoons warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
320 g flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
about 200 ml warm water
400 g strawberry jam
300 g strawberries

Melt the yeast in a bit of warm water, add sugar and let it rest for about 5 minutes in warm place.
Add salt, oil and yeast to flour, and mixing in warm water make a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes in warm place until its volume doubles.
Take the dough and roll it out to the size of the pan (2 round pizza pans). Dilute strawberry jam with 50 ml water or juice and spread over dough.
Bake for about 10 minutes on 250°C.
Take out of the oven, spread out sliced strawberries and let the jam cool off a bit before you cut the pizza and serve.

Top Bottom