• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dear capcom.

seraphmaycry

whoever designed the vergil part of the arkham fight and the dude who decided he should have fing insane hp, you may want to take this down.

in every video game there is a point where i can no longer stay sane, this is known often as breaking point or "or i hate you, rot in hell"

arkham was this breaking point.

yours hatefully, seraphmaycry, now and forever.

MKH Spartan

Second half of the boss fight I just stay at range and used ranged attacks, as Vergil will attack when I shoot summoned Swords (in Dante's case, E&I works too I believe). Also spamming Judgement Cut while using the swords of course.

seraphmaycry

Second half of the boss fight I just stay at range and used ranged attacks, as Vergil will attack when I shoot summoned Swords (in Dante's case, E&I works too I believe). Also spamming Judgement Cut while using the swords of course.

i'm finally done with arkham, getting ownedby vergil, the strategy is beowulf killer bee jump cancel with quiksilver to nuke away his DT, i think i can do it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
How was that difficult? I just kept hacking away at him and dodged when I needed to with Vergil helping me. Then when those slugs come around, I get Vergil to be by my side to slice some of them up while using kalina Ann to fire at them and then watch them as they surround you and when the stop suddenly to attack, jump out of the way and come down on them at once.

seraphmaycry

How was that difficult? I just kept hacking away at him and dodged when I needed to with Vergil helping me. Then when those slugs come around, I get Vergil to be by my side to slice some of them up while using kalina Ann to fire at them and then watch them as they surround you and when the stop suddenly to attack, jump out of the way and come down on them at once.

bceause arkham is stupidly tanky and the slightest mistake usually means instant death, thanks to his insane eel damage or his stupid as hell missile worms.

and vergil's AI, what the hell?

who writes AI that doesn't know the first thing about devil may cry games, which is to hit your opponent.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
i killed vergie on DMD!!!!
tumblr_static_chocolate_chip_cookies.jpeg

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm at the end of my tether with Arkham on DMD (BUT I'm playing the original Dante's Awakening).
If I could get past Arkham and defeat Vergil 3, then I would've finished the game completely.

I was using a cheat disc, but when Vergil comes in. The cheats stop working and you have your arse handed to you on a plate.

Has anyone checked out the stats for how difficult the enemies get?
In DMD mode, Lesser demons and bosses health gets raised by 250% (as are their attacks).
If anyone is interested, find it here (it also explains why I found DMC4 a bit difficult).
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty_Mode

seraphmaycry

I'm at the end of my tether with Arkham on DMD (BUT I'm playing the original Dante's Awakening).
If I could get past Arkham and defeat Vergil 3, then I would've finished the game completely.

I was using a cheat disc, but when Vergil comes in. The cheats stop working and you have your arse handed to you on a plate.

Has anyone checked out the stats for how difficult the enemies get?
In DMD mode, Lesser demons and bosses health gets raised by 250% (as are their attacks).
If anyone is interested, find it here (it also explains why I found DMC4 a bit difficult).
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty_Mode

so even cheats are broken by vergil?! hell, thats, um, that's sad.

is he good for anything?!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
so even cheats are broken by vergil?! hell, thats, um, that's sad.

is he good for anything?!

It is.
I'll be honest, in that fight, he totally p***es me off. I swear his attacks don't do much (if any) damage.
Plus, I find that I have to press the Circle button quite a few times before he returns to Dante's side.

seraphmaycry

Probably, I've almost never used it though, he is too slow for my liking.

i swap between it and normal depending on how i wish to approach the fight, if i'm going full aggro then nelo it is, but for functionality and style and speed, i gotta go with classic
It is.
I'll be honest, in that fight, he totally p***es me off. I swear his attacks don't do much (if any) damage.
Plus, I find that I have to press the Circle button quite a few times before he returns to Dante's side.

i didn't find the damage to bad, slightly higher then what i had before with Dante on his, that is, if the idiot can actually hit him.

seriously? multiple inputs required? i never had that issue, could you try disabling cheats in the second half? that might solve at least that issue.

Top Bottom