Dante's Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'DmC: Devil May Cry' started by Alittleacorn, Apr 12, 2013.

Register or log in to browse without ads.

1. LysseC

LysseC Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

Trophies:
    Well, I can understand your desire for a little more light being shed on Dante's past, but the problem is that this is not the scope of the intro. The intro just aims at presenting Dante as he is is now. Like saying "Ok, this is the man you're going to deal with for this story. This is the situation now."
    The reasons why he ended up like this can be explained later in the game, maybe with flashbacks like the one you suggested.

Dante's Stalker, Dante47 and Loopy like this.
  2. Alittleacorn

Alittleacorn Smile it confuses people

Trophies:
    I wish the introduction had shown more of Dante as a child struggling through life with demons in it, the rebel teen years when he was in the slammers, up to where he came to be as an adult in the intro. I'd of rather of had that than Mundus talking on the phone to the President as the first thing I saw [that definitely should've been later on in the game.] that and it would've left you more in the dark to why all those messages were coming up before like 'Follow Him' and why people were bleeding from the eyes. They gave away way too much in those first few minutes with Mundus because 1. We know Mundus is looking for Dante and 2. What Mundus's motive is [a.k.a ripping out Dante's heart].

Sometimes it's just better to let a viewer try and figure it out on their own before the reveal.

OppressedWriter, Dante47 and Loopy like this.
  3. IncarnatedDemon

IncarnatedDemon Well-Known Member

Trophies:
    Lyssec is right, this can be explained later on.
    But i just thought that Kat and Dante went through "What's your story", that it was that.

4. Register or log in to browse without ads.

5. Chancey289

Chancey289 I eat cereal competitively.

Trophies:
    So just make DmC way more story driven so you get to put emphasis on the flashbacks of the past and then you'd probably come in and start complaining "Why is there so much story this is a suppose to be a Devil May Cry and it's suppose to be all about the action!"

I don't need the story to treat me like a baby when trying to give me an idea to what Dante's past was like. You can connect the dots yourself and figure out just what kind of life he's had up until that point by just looking at the stuff he's doing. What do you know about him so far?
    -he lives a care free life and does whatever the hell he wants
    -he had a rather rough upbringing
    -he's been to Limbo before and it was nothing new to him so getting attacked by demons just seems like the norm
    -just that quick run when Dante and Kat were at the Virility factor is enough to go on to get an idea of the kind of life he's been living. The life of a rebel and an outsider. Not a life of luxury Vergil had a chance to experience.

As for Kat you also know Dante can relate to her because her life was also ruined thanks to demons. They share a mutual connection because of that. And you can only imagine how much Kat been through up until that point where she just gave minor details and avoided very harsh scenarios. She had to kill her stepfather. Do you not think that was enough? Or do you want to see the scenes of torture and abuse for some reason instead of playing the game?

6. IncarnatedDemon

Trophies:
    There is one thing DmC never impressed me. Making me believe that Dante was this poor person who had suffered so much.

Not everyone hated him.
    Infact he had sex with strippers. Surely that is sign that he wasnt treated as a complete parasite by everyone.

And why is Dante this "poor guy", when Kat a human was mistreated as well?

And what about rest of humans who tried to fight demons or knew of them? Weren't tjhey also mistreated and suffered alot?

Just using "demons was after killing Dante" as if that makes Dante a poor helpless guy whos being tormented is really weak. Considering Dante seemed to have alot of freedom. Freedom to be in a strip club and drink.
    And it seems like Dante wasnt perscuted very intensely if Kat had to lecture Dante about how strong the hunter demon is.

I'm sure that DmC Dante had a rough childhood, but there was barely scenes of this.

His mother was killed? So was DMC Dantes.
    DMC Dante even lost his brother. Did Dante stop trusting people justb ecause he lost his mother and brother and was a target for demons? No.

DmC Dante had a rough childhood yeah. Not saying he didn't. But i read alot of comments of people blowing his childhood out of proportion as if he was the only character who did, and that he is a "special case".

Kat's childhood was more spesific and better portrayed. "My fosterfather was a demon and he abused me".
    Dante "When the people you trust turns out to be demons".

Right...

Speaking of Kat's childhood, her fosterfather abusing her and her going into spirit form could have been shown while she talked. But this is a very minor thing as Kat's not the main character.

7. Loopy

Loopy Devil hunter in training

Trophies:

ChibiVerg and Dante's Stalker like this.
  8. IncarnatedDemon

Trophies:
    Having "loveless sex" with strippers isn't a pitiful thing. If anything Hollywood Teen movies show you it is that having loveless sex is great.

Now where is it shown that Dante paid the strippers to have sex with him? And that Lilith ordered the strippers to find out where Dante lived?

9. Alittleacorn

Alittleacorn Smile it confuses people

Trophies:
    I don't think it does, it's more like those strippers came with him willingly without any payment involved. They weren't hired to track down where Dante lived, but there were demon collaborators in the club [people with the bleeding eyes, even some of the dancing angels] and he was followed by that way, as like Kat said "you were careless, you left a trail".

Dante's Stalker likes this.
  10. Loopy

Trophies:
    That's normally what you do. You pay to go to a club and you pay the ladies there whatever they want to give you a dance or sex. That's what happens.
    If you look on the walls of the club there are security cameras following him and the walls have messages like 'follow him' and 'track him'. They were ordered by something to go to where Dante lived, just long enough for the hunter demon to be on Dante's trail.

Dante's Stalker likes this.
  11. IncarnatedDemon

Trophies:
    Hollywood movie affects people. Whether they are good or bad it does.
    And personally i dont see how loveless sex is pitiful.

If you go through a life with it - yes it's pitiful.

And if two parts, a female and a male or two females or two males, agree that they just want to have pleasure : for fun.

They then have sex.

Whos to say it's pitiful or a negative thing?

Both were clear on what they wanted. Both had pleasure.
    Both satisified.

12. Loopy

Trophies:
    It's momentary satisfation. You need to keep chasing sex with different partners in different ways to get the same high, otherwise the pleasure reward becomes less and less. Dante's just chasing meaningless pleasure which will start to get boring if it carries on like that.

13. Chancey289

Trophies:
    Dante isn't some pity party seeking kind of guy. He's no emo. And what do you know, JUST LIKE THE OLDER DANTE!

You're asking for DmC Dante to now be some kind of depressed dude who will dwell on his past and complain? If he did that you'd probably start complaining about that and the "emo Dante" claim would actually hold relevance. Why don't you just stop. You just hate everything about the new version of Dante and quite frankly for no real reason. Quit scrapping so much for things to complain about especially since you are failing at proving your point.

The original Dante has about as much complexity as a coloring book and is about as compelling as a piece of sandpaper. He is one of the most generic and simple video game characters in gaming history. I think fan perception of his character puts him in a better light than his actual reality. Hell his original motivation for doing what he does can be simply chalked up as revenge seeking. He says it out right in DMC 1 and is clearly searching for the demons who killed his parents. DmC Dante whether you like what they did with him are not is a more well rounded character.

I can buy Dante is the way he is because of his rough upbringing and could even see where an attitude like that comes from. I don't need to see the scenes out right. I'm not an idiot. Sometimes when people are put through so much and experience so much hate or neglect they just come to the point where they just don't care anymore. Quite frankly from personal experience I can see where that comes from. I didn't go off acting like Dante but I sure as hell cut off all connection to that person who obviously wants nothing to do with me and it's just better that way. Makes sense to me. I rather live my life then dwell on bad memories because that's going to get me nowhere. What's done is done.

Basically how Dante is. He just doesn't care anymore and rather not dwell on it. You can probably say his cocky attitude is how he copes with it all. He's got his own version of therapy. That also included just getting laid. Can't really blame him. Doesn't matter.

DragonMaster2010 and Loopy like this.
  14. DragonMaster2010

DragonMaster2010 The secret to magic: Any c*nt can do it.

Trophies:
    I actually blame Capcom for that. NT probably wanted to show more, but Capcom limited them because they didn't want DmC to be too long of a story, and wanted to keep it close to DMC, which sucks because DMC has terrible backstory skills.

Dante's Stalker and Loopy like this.
  15. IncarnatedDemon

Trophies:
    Loopy there isnt any evidence as far i can see that Dante paid the strippers for sex and also That strippers followed Liliths orders. The demons in club watched Dante.
    And when Dante was on the road with strippers, Malice said on road "Follow him".

If the strippers worked for Lilith why did it take over 6 hours for the hunter to get to the trailer?

so strippers working for lilith when they went with Dante? No
    Now do u have any proof of paid sex other than thats what goes around in clubs in real life? cuz i dont see Dante paying the girls or any hint of it. If u do tell me where or what.

16. DragonMaster2010

DragonMaster2010 The secret to magic: Any c*nt can do it.

Trophies:
    They weren't paid. They were probably demons in disguise. And you don't know how many hours passed since Dante left the club. Maybe he was at that club around 3:00 in the morning and the sun rises early in Limbo City.

And don't be suprised that Dante had sex with demons. He's had sex with angels so I'm not surprised.

17. Chancey289

Trophies:
    Those strippers weren't hookers. Dante just has game as is able to land girls in his bed. Quit scrapping for more things to complain about. You fail to level anything you say about DmC with the previous ones and just bury yourself in a deeper hole of delusion, denial, and clear bias blind fanboyism. I'd give you more credit if you'd be honest and say you just hate everything DmC but don't go around blabbering even more nonsense when you can hardly even validate your points. You just keep talking hardly thinking.

18. LysseC

LysseC Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

Trophies:
    Dante grew up in an orphanage which was run by demons. Who probably mistreated him. That's something you cannot just forget.
    The fact that other characters had a difficult past doesn't deny that DmC Dante had one too. DMC Dante and DmC Dante react differently, and you can say that you prefer old Dante's reaction, but you cannot for that reason just shrug new Dante's difficulties off.
    Kat had her difficulties, but Dante had too. Both their pasts merit pity.
    And Dante says that he has sex because he needs the thrill to forget his sensation of losing control. That means that sex for him is not just a fun, but carries with it bad feelings and sensations. It's not only a problem of loveless sex, which can be playful, but a problem of using sex to numb bad sensations.

Edit: and please, Chancey, don't go so rough on IncarnatedDemon. She is trying to make her opinion and giving some arguments to support it, not just going all hater. And she seems willing to accept different opinions and debate. There is nothing wrong in that, on the contrary, it merits praise. I often disagree with what she says, but I reply with kindness and we have quite enjoyable and interesting debates.

19. IncarnatedDemon

Trophies:
    ur right i dont. But my point was if strippers worked for demons y did it take so long for hunter demon or any top demon to appear?
    and no they werent in disguise. Dante threw bottle at a demon in club.

20. Loopy

Trophies:
    I was going by what usually happens with that sort of transaction. Sexual favours for money. But Dante is popular with girls at the club as mentioned by others here, so they went with him for him. Or as Dragonmaster said, they could be demons in disguise, so it would be in their interest to track an enemy of Mundus.

21. Chancey289

Trophies:
    Dante is obviously popular with the girls. When he went to fight Lillith there was a girl going up to him happy to see him but Dante shrugged her off because there were more important things to deal with at the time.