• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante, Trish or Lucia

Best game play style

• Total voters

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

well to be honest i have the dmc hd and i started with dmc3 wen it came out so i finished dmc1 and i played dmc2 like 3 missions to see why people say its bad ....now i know hehe yeh so i skiped it and whent to dmc3 fast...

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
i'd have to say dante only because when i first played it i played as dante and when i tried lucia's version i just got confused when you start the game going backwards and i havent unlocked trish yet.

Aurelius

It's a bit of a toss up between Lucia and Trish. I enjoyed her story, loved her fighting style and thought her Devil Trigger just looked awesome! Sadly, her ranged weapons weren't as good as Dante's as I only used her Throwing Daggers and the Bow Gun. As for Trish, I loved her Devil Trigger's powerful energy blasts that homed in on their targets, similar to Dante's Majin Form. The fact that she also had the Sword of Sparda and Nightmare-γ was truly epic as well! Overall, I'd have to go with Lucia.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Yeah & DevilMayCry2 in a way was perfect for her because it was more open & you get to see her abilities without the confined spaces of DevilMayCry, that's why i liked DevilMayCry2.
Though i didn't like it as much as DevilMayCry or definitely not as much as DevilMayCry4, but to me DevilMayCry2 wasn't that horrible.

Hey :)

Yeah I agree with you. Although Devil May Cry is an amazing game, its environments do feel claustrophobic. That's not exactly a bad thing. I do enjoy the more open areas of DMC 2. And I don't think it's half as bad as what most people say that it is.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@VampireWicked: I do agree with you in most respects. I mean the places you pass through and the environments themselves could harness a much larger feel to them. They are pretty confined. And as you said, having small confined spaces to fight within kind of shrinks the potential of the game play. I'm not one for that too claustrophobic feel within the atmosphere of a game. I like to flex my muscles. Perhaps that is something that DMC's level structure lacked. That being space utilised more to add a larger feel to the game. There to me was area with a loss of potential that could have perhaps been picked up on more.

Aurelius

Playing as Trish was pretty awesome. Sadly I never unlocked her. I don't really like playing games on the higher difficulty settings, so I ended up copying my brothers save file in order to get Trish. That was many years ago though. I think I might give hard mode a whirl on the HD version as I have a lot more patients and am a lot more chill (... I tend to get mad when I lose!). From my understanding, you need to beat the game once with both Dante and Lucia to unlock hard mode. Then a third time using only Dante but on hard mode. Am I right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom