• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Sparda have been a bigger part in this game?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it is earlier than the others but still after Sparda's death so his role ( the focus of the game's story without being in the game) was the most they could give him.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
it is earlier than the others but still after Sparda's death so his role ( the focus of the game's story without being in the game) was the most they could give him.
Sure, maybe if he'd still been around (like trapped in hell after sealing off the demon world) then he could have had a bigger role.
But because he's gone quite a while before the game starts, the most they could have done was what they did- reference Sparda and how he closed off the demon world, and how Arkham wants Sparda's power, plus the inclusion of the amulets as keys to the demon world.

Seeing as the game is earliest, I would have liked at least a flashback of Sparda maybe sealing off the demon world and sacrificing that priestess, or a flashback when Arkham meets Vergil in the library and describes some of the story of Sparda.

I now the guy is supposed to be a mystery, but I want a little more information about him.

I would even want a whole game about it,I mean,he's the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda. There would be a lot to tell about him.
But yes,It would have been nice to have some cutscenes of how he sealed the demon world,of how he met Eva,and some cute family moments too,how he died and such.
He still seems a mistery to me.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I would even want a whole game about it,I mean,he's the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda. There would be a lot to tell about him.
But yes,It would have been nice to have some cutscenes of how he sealed the demon world,of how he met Eva,and some cute family moments too,how he died and such.
He still seems a mistery to me.

I quite agree with this i wouldnt mind a back story with the theme around sparda even if it was a dante/sparda game

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Yep, having a Sparda-centered installment in the series would be very interesting. However, as others said, in this game Sparda is long since gone, so the only part he could play in the game was in references from other characters. Although, it would have been interesting to see some flashbacks in the cutscenes.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Yep, having a Sparda-centered installment in the series would be very interesting. However, as others said, in this game Sparda is long since gone, so the only part he could play in the game was in references from other characters. Although, it would have been interesting to see some flashbacks in the cutscenes.

Its a good idea 1 among atleast 20 to 30 that would bring dmc back from the edge if capcom would put in the effort

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm glad they did what they did with sparda. he's very known throughout the demon world and is referenced a lot. i like how he's never physically shown in the story and that gives us a sense of "holy crap. these dudes don't even really know what their dad looked like". and i like how dante is so dismissive of his father. i love it so much

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i'm glad they did what they did with sparda. he's very known throughout the demon world and is referenced a lot. i like how he's never physically shown in the story and that gives us a sense of "holy crap. these dudes don't even really know what their dad looked like". and i like how dante is so dismissive of his father. i love it so much

I would think Dante and Vergil know what their father looked like. I mean, didn't he die when Dante and Vergil were eight? That's when Vergil was abducted (according to DMC1) and when Eva was killed. So since people often have memories of when they were eight, I do think Dante and Vergil knew what their father looked like. Dante even says ''dude, my father wasn't so hideous. Can't you tell by looking at me?'' To me, that implies he knew what he looked like. Either that, or he's guessing Sparda looked as good as him. I do know from the cutscene in DMC1 (with the ''No! I want the chocolate!'') that they seemed to have a normal family life.

Or did you mean the demons? I think most of them knew what Sparda looked like, too. Berial, for instance, was in the human world 2000 years ago, when he met Sparda. Sparda was still alive around 2000 years later. I suppose Arkham might not have known what he looked like, though. Aside from that, you're right, in that in DMC4 there's statues of him that don't look anything like him (just a featureless guy with horns and a sword).

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I would think Dante and Vergil know what their father looked like. I mean, didn't he die when Dante and Vergil were eight? That's when Vergil was abducted (according to DMC1) and when Eva was killed. So since people often have memories of when they were eight, I do think Dante and Vergil knew what their father looked like. Dante even says ''dude, my father wasn't so hideous. Can't you tell by looking at me?'' To me, that implies he knew what he looked like. Either that, or he's guessing Sparda looked as good as him. I do know from the cutscene in DMC1 (with the ''No! I want the chocolate!'') that they seemed to have a normal family life.

Or did you mean the demons? I think most of them knew what Sparda looked like, too. Berial, for instance, was in the human world 2000 years ago, when he met Sparda. Sparda was still alive around 2000 years later. I suppose Arkham might not have known what he looked like, though. Aside from that, you're right, in that in DMC4 there's statues of him that don't look anything like him (just a featureless guy with horns and a sword).

i was referring to the twins. their mother died when they were 8. i think sparda left before that because the anime implies that eva took the boys travelling to avoid the demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think he needed a bigger role in DMC4 but this game was fine to me. I rather learned more about Dante and vergil's pasts or Lady/Arkhams

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'd prefer a further installment of this series with Sparda as the MC set in the past, there's tons of stuff they could do with that, I don't think anyone would complain if they weren't super imaginative and the climax was still some battle with Mundus to seal him out.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think a sparda game would be good for the series i would perfer a nero MC game but if they make one for sparda with a proper back story and characters and scenes with eva and proper gameplay and enviroment i wont complain i think it be a great idea

Top Bottom