• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can Big Boss really defeat Dante?

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
So my brother plays Metal Gear(he hates Devil May Cry so i dunno if hes lying or not) and he claims that Big boss could beat original Dante is a full on fight. With absolutely no restrictions... I think that is clearly pushing it considering i always thought Big Boss was just a normal person, but i could be wrong. Is he really that powerful? Or is he just making it up. Ive never played any Metal Gear so i dont know... He said that due to this new mgs game coming out big boss will be godly???

Maxman

but.....He is .........

BIG BOSS

ain't yo taking your fight with the BIG BOSS like a joke :p

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Yeah... Dante is a half-demon, with far higher speed and strength. He's barely affected by bullets in the forehead, he can ride RPGs, and I'm not sure RPGs would even do much if he were hit by them. Seems like some kind of demonic energy is necessary to beat him.

I'm sure Big Boss would look really cool, manly and dramatic while being incinerated, though. :laugh:

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Do me a favor, show him this video.
This is my favorite DMC4 video of all time, and this..well shows pretty damn well that Big Boss ain't got **** on OG Dante.
Sure Big Boss is awesome, but..come on, It's Dante. The only being I think would beat him is Alucard from Hellsing.

Viper

Premium
I like both Big Boss and Dante, but Big Boss would definitely lose to Dante. They only way B.B. would have a chance against Dante would be to use a Metal Gear. But we all know how that would end.
Dude, if Solid Snake, a human, could beat Metal Gear using a missile launcher, then Dante would just laugh, cut it's legs off and proceed to shoot many many holes into it.

ToriJ

(he hates Devil May Cry so i dunno if hes lying or not)

That should have been your first clue, really.

Big Boss is an expert in CQC, knows how to handle multiple firearms and mix melee with a knife, stealth tactics, and by this time should be an expert in military tactic, but he's still a living, breathing human at the end of the day. But let's be honest here, Dante is a cocky mofo. He isn't going to take the fight seriously right off the bat. He's going to play around with Big Boss, makes some one liners, probably joke about his age, and shoot at him and swing his sword around before he DTs. Big Boss would need to have perfect timing and think five moves ahead of Dante just to keep up with his speed, but he isn't matching Dante in power. I could see him surviving the encounter, if only for taking advantage of Dante's cockiness, it's how Nero came out of his fight alive, after all.

Big Boss would need to learn what Dante is, study up on his bloddline, Devil Arms, and Batman plan that **** to best him. Unless it's DMC 2 Dante, then yeah, it'd be over in five seconds. That Dante doesn't mess around.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That would be an amusing fight, I have to be honest. Unless your brother meant godly in the literal sense of the word, then maybe he stands a chance. Emphasis on MAYBE.
Otherwise, it just sounds like smack talk to me. Dante's friggin invincible.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
talking about big bosses, we saw dante playing around with saviour. saviout couldn't even touch him. and we saw how dante cut the hellgate. so i dont think dante will have any problem. unless the boss boss will be super quick and has many cool gadget, that would be a cool fight.
maxresdefault.jpg

KRSkull

Well Since Dante (that also incloud DMC2 Dante) doesn't kill humans. There is a chance that Big Boss would win.

Viper

Premium
Well Since Dante (that also incloud DMC2 Dante) doesn't kill humans. There is a chance that Big Boss would win.
We saw Dante fight against Lady, and while he indeed didn't kill her, he didn't let her win either. In fact, it looked more like a bored cat toying with a mouse. Of course, there was a reason for him wining against her, but even if the fight between Dante and Big Boss is meaningless from Dante's side, if he is just giving Big Boss the fight he asked for, there is the matter of his pride.

KRSkull

We saw Dante fight against Lady, and while he indeed didn't kill her, he didn't let her win either. In fact, it looked more like a bored cat toying with a mouse. Of course, there was a reason for him wining against her, but even if the fight between Dante and Big Boss is meaningless from Dante's side, if he is just giving Big Boss the fight he asked for, there is the matter of his pride.

Yes that is true. But when Lady was Fighting Dante she was angry and full of rage and wanted to seek revenge. When people get anngry they can't think straight and most of the time will become reckless. Lady might be as strong as Trish according to what i have seen in the Devil May Cry anime.

Viper

Premium
Yes that is true. But when Lady was Fighting Dante she was angry and full of rage and wanted to seek revenge. When people get anngry they can't think straight and most of the time will become reckless. Lady might be as strong as Trish according to what i have seen in the Devil May Cry anime.
Eh, we can't really tell if their strength is really equal, since Trish knew who Lady was, she was most likely holding back in the church.
Also, Dante is stronger than Trish, and Big Boss no matter how much he improves in his abilities has the limitation of being mere human. He could take on lower level demons, some higher level like the one Lady fought in the anime, but Dante, Sparda's son that saved the world more than once, is too fast, too strong and has too much stamina for a human.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ha ha ha lol a guy who is a gifted soldier against a teleporting god like being who effortlessly held the weight of like a 1000 tonne statue up and threw it off him and has a demon form and majin form that amplify his strength and speed at the very least tenfold

your bro is daydreaming ha ha

Top Bottom