• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Devil May Cry for Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zato-OW

King
These are the similarities in the plot at the end of the game that I picked up. Fortuna(Well more as in Sanctus and his private faction) finish constructing a statue in the image of Sparda but we all know its in Sanctus's image. In Bayonetta they constructed something called "Gateway To Heaven" or something like that which is a huge orb on the main building. Once both eyes were brought together its suppose to resurrect Jubileus. Jubileus is basically God in this game and the creator of everything. From what I got, the people of that city praised god and the hope of its return so they built a bunch of statues of what they thought Angels would look like with their hands raised to Heaven which it doesn't really explain it at all. The Savior is a statue made to destroy the Devil's World and for Sanctus to claim the humans world as he wanted to rule it. Jubileus was suppose to combine all three worlds in the image of the first world. They both needed 2 beings to be sacrificed or adsorbed for its completion. Except it has nothing to do with Blood in Bayonetta.

The human world is not Jubileus home its just where it would be revived. The "holy city" in the present time had nothing to do with Jubileus return even though they wished for it because it was abandoned 500 years before that time. The Last Lumen Sage used his power to do this which he was not from that city. The Angels were under the Lumen Sages command(I think) he ordered them to test Bayonetta and lead her to him.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195889 said:
Thanks for showing another similarity between the games, Zato.

Actually those were not only similarities but why they are very much different also. I just made a typo in that last post since I'm trying to do two things at one time. As you can clearly see why they are different but again why I say that the only thing they took from DMC4 which is The Creator and The Savior and its similarities and differences. I just need organize them better. Which I'll do later I suppose.

What is the same/similar in the plot.

Yes they are both statues. Which I'm not sure about Jubileus because she transforms and has organs and stuff.
Yes they are powered in a similar way. In Bayonetta's case two magical devices and Bayonetta who is a Umbra witch and Balder who is a Lumen Sage. But Jubileus was reborn with only the "right eye of the world".
Yes both cities pray for the return of their gods. Which in fortuna they consider Sparda a god and in Bayonetta Jubileus is basically God which this should be in the difference section.

Here is the differences.

The Savior was built in Sanctus's image and was going to be used in the destruction of the Devil's World and rebirth(w/e you want to call it) of the human world in Sanctus's image also. And Sanctus wanted to be Sparda I suppose with humans praising him.

Jubileus was being revived to bring all 3 dimensions together as they once were. They built some super tower that was dedicated to "Angels" with a orb that is suppose to revive Jublieus. Which The Lumen Sage used a regular statue that was built to revive her and then it transformed into her image. Jubileus is god but with a name. The Lumen Sage did not want to rule anything, he just wanted to combine light and dark. His main goal was the bring the world back to what it once were. Humans in this case wanted to meet their "creator".

That is it.

Sparda™

Although Dante Redgrave presented me a share of how much Kamiya had copied from Devil May Cry games, especially 4, to make a game from 'scratch', I cannot stress myself further in this argument but just admit the games are quite similar.

I'd prefer a Trish/Lady type of character for Bayonetta. I would be a bit more interested in the game then. Since the protagonist is what makes the game - you're gonna play with her during the whole game - then I just dropped the somewhat interest which had sparkled my mind.

However, If people like the game and not the protagonist, I'd suggest there are a lot of other games floating around wishing for some fan love.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195894 said:
Although Dante Redgrave presented me a share of how much Kamiya had copied from Devil May Cry games, especially 4, to make a game from 'scratch', I cannot stress myself further in this argument but just admit the games are quite similar.

I'd prefer a Trish/Lady type of character for Bayonetta. I would be a bit more interested in the game then. Since the protagonist is what makes the game - you're gonna play with her during the whole game - then I just dropped the somewhat interest which had sparkled my mind.

However, If people like the game and not the protagonist, I'd suggest there are a lot of other games floating around wishing for some fan love.

I see what your saying. But your focusing too much on "DMC". I'm trying to let you two know he made it clear that there would be references from the games hes worked on. And it seems like you guys are saying he "stole" from other games. I think the DMC4's "The Savior" idea was influenced by the DMC4 developers that worked on the game. I said I wouldn't call it a ripoff but using a page from DMC4. I also said over and over that there are similarities. This made me check who was working on the game which I found out some of DMC4/3 people were too. Anyway there is a stage that is just like the one off of Sonic Adventures to suggest some of sonic developers worked on this title as well. All I am saying is that the game play is what makes this game. Fck the story tbh. I could care less about the story. But I will defend my views. I said before that most people I speak to on boards that is dedicated to that game says they are only interested in it for the gameplay as of now. This was my same reasons for even picking up the title.

I really could care less if you like the character or not(If you know what I'm trying to say). I guess if I was playing Final Fantasy then this would be a big deal for me because of how deep the story is or will be. But games like this and DMC I personally don't care too much for the characters. Dante's character is very well done but could be better imo. Even so he is my favorite video game character followed by Solid Snake.

I can tolerate Bayonetta's character because she has unlockable costumes(which I only like one or two) and a good Voice Actor in combat.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
The main reason driving me to buy this game is that it looks like a DMC clone only is is made by Hideki Kamiya. This is pretty much what I have been waiting like 8 years for. I am still optimistic but not so deluded that I KNOW it will be awesome just because it is made by some guy who made a game I loved once. It will just be interesting to see how it turns out.

Railazel

Well, Darth Angelo, you might not be all too disappointed. I've seen only videos, but that along with the demo was good enough to get me hooked on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom