• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

about Dante's character devlopment

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Enough guys. This is off-topic.
It's also why I said I wasn't gonna say anymore, cause I knew I was gonna get that kinda response AND I knew exactly who. @Chancey289 1) He stabbed him in the front and 2) Defenseless? Arkham had demonic power, and was easily able to catch a demon hunter off guard and throw her with one hand. Anyway, as I said before, there was already a thread arguing over it

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I forgot, people think Vergil is "honorable".

tumblr_mcta8fTEZw1qk2bwi.gif

Time to make like a fetus and head out!

Goldsickle

Okay... I shouldn't have brought up pregnant Lilith.
I forget how people tend to stray away from the actual point I'm making, especially in arguments.

I wanted to talk more about Dante's "progression" from uncaring to caring at the end.

In DMC3, him suddenly taking more interest in "family matters" wasn't shocking but I thought he'd maintain his "just for the Hell of it" motive all the way to the end.

In DmC, I kinda predicted that the uncaring Dante in the beginning starts to show more concern for others but I feel that's because I played DMC3 earlier.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay... I shouldn't have brought up pregnant Lilith.
I forget how people tend to stray away from the actual point I'm making, especially in arguments.

I wanted to talk more about Dante's "progression" from uncaring to caring at the end.

In DMC3, him suddenly taking more interest in "family matters" wasn't shocking but I thought he'd maintain his "just for the Hell of it" motive all the way to the end.

In DmC, I kinda predicted that the uncaring Dante in the beginning starts to show more concern for others but I feel that's because I played DMC3 earlier.

Most likely since DMC3 and DmC share a lot in common.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Most likely since DMC3 and DmC share a lot in common.
In a lot of ways, yeah they do.
Both DMC3 and DmC Dante start as uncaring and it's basically "Meh, thug life". But, through interactions with the lead girl (Lady and Kat), begin to care and accept a bigger role then just that.
They both depict Dante at his start, more or less.
End with a brawl between brothers, with opposing ideals ect

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
In a lot of ways, yeah they do.
Both DMC3 and DmC Dante start as uncaring and it's basically "Meh, thug life". But, through interactions with the lead girl (Lady and Kat), begin to care and accept a bigger role then just that.
They both depict Dante at his start, more or less.
End with a brawl between brothers, with opposing ideals ect
I don't know about that, DMC3 Dante pretty much calls out Vergil at the end of Mission 2 in DMC3, "No doubt you've got some fun planned for me, right Vergil?" Dante cares and has a goal pretty much as soon as the story starts when he hears that his brother is involved, I don't think you can say his view was basically "Meh, thug life". Dante has the same goal throughout the whole game, he's just too cool to show panic or worry or even impatience of any kind, that's different than DmC Dante's kinda s***ty attitude in the first half of DmC where he just doesn't seem to give a f*** about anything except getting drunk and laid. We first see DMC3 Dante in his new business he's trying to start where he wants to kill demons and do "odd jobs" for money, we first see DmC Dante getting drunk and having a threesome and living in a trailer, I don't think they're anything alike. Not trying to start ****, I love DMC3 and I like DmC, they're both awesome games in my book with cool stories, I'm just saying you can't really say that both Dante's are alike throughout the game.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
@Sparda's Rebellion
i think the comparison is more like they start the game for selfish reasons and then learn to fight for more then just themselves

DMC 3 Dante just want's to have fun and in his own words "didn't give a damn"
but by the end of the game he learns the importance of family and that humanity is worth fighting for

DmC Dante only cares about himself and what ever plesuere he can have immediately (like sex and drinking)
but by the end of the game he learns to care for other people (Kat) and that humanity is worth fighting for

this is how there similar

by the end of the games they learn the value of being human

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
@Sparda's Rebellion
i think the comparison is more like they start the game for selfish reasons and then learn to fight for more then just themselves

DMC 3 Dante just want's to have fun and in his own words "didn't give a damn"
but by the end of the game he learns the importance of family and that humanity is worth fighting for

DmC Dante only cares about himself and what ever plesuere he can have immediately (like sex and drinking)
but by the end of the game he learns to care for other people (Kat) and that humanity is worth fighting for

this is how there similar

by the end of the games they learn the value of being human
Yeah but one cares enough to start his own business and the other lives in a trailer like a bum with no job or goals of any kind. I hear what you're saying about "didn't give a damn", but I don't think it's the same kind of not giving a damn. Again, I like both Dante's and I like both games, these aren't hate on DmC Dante thoughts, just different opinions of the two different Dante's.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Yeah but one cares enough to start his own business and the other lives in a trailer like a bum with no job or goals of any kind. I hear what you're saying about "didn't give a damn", but I don't think it's the same kind of not giving a damn. Again, I like both Dante's and I like both games, these aren't hate on DmC Dante thoughts, just different opinions of the two different Dante's.
i get that and i agree
it's cool

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't know about that, DMC3 Dante pretty much calls out Vergil at the end of Mission 2 in DMC3, "No doubt you've got some fun planned for me, right Vergil?" Dante cares and has a goal pretty much as soon as the story starts when he hears that his brother is involved, I don't think you can say his view was basically "Meh, thug life". Dante has the same goal throughout the whole game, he's just too cool to show panic or worry or even impatience of any kind, that's different than DmC Dante's kinda s***ty attitude in the first half of DmC where he just doesn't seem to give a f*** about anything except getting drunk and laid. We first see DMC3 Dante in his new business he's trying to start where he wants to kill demons and do "odd jobs" for money, we first see DmC Dante getting drunk and having a threesome and living in a trailer, I don't think they're anything alike. Not trying to start ****, I love DMC3 and I like DmC, they're both awesome games in my book with cool stories, I'm just saying you can't really say that both Dante's are alike throughout the game.

That line literally describes that Dante was only interested because of the fun he was going to have killing demons. Not because he cares about saving the world. He started that new business solely to get money while killing demons and having fun doing it. Hell, Dante makes no inclinations to wanting revenge on the demons for his mother's death until DMC1.
Both are basically the same, however they go about being "thug life" based on what their countries they were created in considers "thug life".

DMC3 Dante's thug life=flashy clothes, wants to party, cool one-liners, long coats.
tumblr_nfio32uG9z1sc31yro1_r1_500.jpg

DmC Dante=rugged features, less then stellar leather coat, wife beater, swearing
watermark.php

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Both are basically the same, however they go about being "thug life" based on what their countries they were created in considers "thug life".

DMC3 Dante's thug life=flashy clothes, wants to party, cool one-liners, long coats.
(pic)

DmC Dante=rugged features, less then stellar leather coat, wife beater, swearing
(pic)
Excellent point, but I'd actually liken each Dante to a specific genre of rock music.
Classic Dante---at least, DMC1 Dante---resembled the kind of old-school metal from bands like Judas Priest or Black Sabbath. Uber-stylish, sometimes comedically so, with the emphasis on being the kind of eccentric kind of harcore.

New Dante is practically Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols: he's not angsty or moody, he's wild and rebellious, doing the most extreme or hazardous of tasks---be it drugs, demons, or "sexual diseases"---he'll do it because he thinks it's a good time...a path that was extreme, but one "he stuck to", by his own admission.

And then you have DMC3 Dante, which...eleugh....
...he just reminds me of ultra-butt rock that skaters listened to during the 90's, or the kind of hilariously-outdated hip-hop music Capcom keeps cramming into the Street Fighter games.

Top Bottom