• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A "Pure" Capcom Fighter Title

Would you buy it?

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ok, with Disney being a you-know-what about UMvC3, I figured that there should be a Capcom only fighter.

Or, at the very least, a Capcom vs. Persona title, because I while I bought (used) and played TvC, I honestly didn't like it. Sorry, but that's just how I felt about that particular game.

I say this in case the other company decided to pull a "Disney" and pull the title off game shelves and digital outlets. That really isn't fair to us, imo.

Anyway, what do you think? Would you include everyone? Would it be HD sprites or cel-shaded? Who are your top contenders?

I'm sorry, I'm just feeling really depressed and angry about this. I can't help it if this is one of my top fantasy games on my list.

Also, if Disney doesn't want us playing their characters, then forget them. We don't need them, there are plenty of characters in the Capcom stable waiting to see the light of day again.

Also, haven't you wanted to go toe-to-toe with the two Dantes? And have Vergil say "foolishness" to his counterpart?

And then have New Vergil say "your suffering will soon come to an end" (in that disturbed tone of voice of his) in response to that?

And then have the old Vergil take pause (and go "Hmph, how boring." to cover up his momentary fear) because the new one is absolutely out his mind and is staring at his older counterpart like he's about to devour his very soul?

http://www.2d-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/91.jpeg

Wouldn't that be great? :D

Soul Reaver Vergil ftw! :cool:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130318170248/devilmaycry/images/5/5c/Vergil_demon_army.png

Also, please no "eff you" quips on this thread. It's over and done with.

Old Dante: "Come on, you poser."

New Dante: "Poser? You can call me Dante the dudebro slayer, all right?"

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd like it to be sort of a Smash Bros but with the complexity of of Marvel vs. Capcom. Like Muramasa, the Demon Blade only crossed with SF3's "royalguard" (parry) mechanics.

I'd also like to add any and all Capcom characters possible to the roster.

An adventure mode, plus a fighting mode. Maybe with randomly-generated dungeons. That'd be awesome, imo.

The Final Offer

I'd like it to be sort of a Smash Bros but with the complexity of of Marvel vs. Capcom. Like Muramasa, the Demon Blade only crossed with SF3's "royalguard" (parry) mechanics.

I'd also like to add any and all Capcom characters possible to the roster.

An adventure mode, plus a fighting mode. Maybe with randomly-generated dungeons. That'd be awesome, imo.

Well, that's the thing about Power Stone, it's an actual fighter. Use whatever you can to beat your opponents, strength characters can do superhuman things (snatching poles from the ground and swinging them like bats), human characters are resourceful, trap characters apply bombs to objects they interact with, stealth characters use tricks to outsmart their opponents, smaller characters can slip underneath taller ones, but their hits aren't as effective, etc.

Power Stone also has a counter system that lets you dodge an attack and as the attacker is recovering from it, you have the opportunity to start a combo.

Power Stone brought the most elaborate creation system (til this day) that is based on the items you pick up during the campaign. The reason I say (til this day) is because I played the game for hundreds of hours with friends and not once did we get the other 24 items that needed a combination between two other items to create. I like that type of stuff in my games. It gives you a goal and the item itself is the motivation and the game is fun enough to not mind playing it over and over.

The moment that brought my friends and I to a roaring halt of silence....is when we made Mega Man X's Arm cannon. The hype was so real, we didn't speak, we just all started playing and when it showed up after 2 matches we fought like we never fought before for it.

AND
IT
DELIVERED!

How do I know? I f***ing beat the Hell out of cousin for it! Super Saiyan Wang Tang all day!​

Top Bottom