• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Brothers Love will Never Die - K

Keaton

Premium
First posted Fan Fic here, set after DMC4.
Sorry about grammar etc, first draft of the first section...

Feedback Welcome!

The rain fell hard on the old church. The skies were blackened by the heavy clouds that thrust a weighty darkness on the ground below, fierce bolts of lightning reached out to the ground alike heavenly branches of a fiery tree whilst the burnt tasting rain drenched those sorry enough to be caught underneath, it was a cursed sight to see. The church was weathered beyond method, the stained glass windows were grand in their day, yet now they rested in ruin as shards of the rose glass lay feet below them on the muddy ground, the door was off its hinges and many of the exterior tiles and bricks that coloured the grey monument were damaged and faded. The only creature to take notice of the chapel within the neighbourhood niche’ was a frenzy of overgrowing undergrowth, ivy clinging to the buildings limbs, accompanied by grasses and weeds that hid the once trim path to the door. They were the only ones who enjoyed the rain, the only ones who watched the sky on fire and the air roar although the devil himself cried with every bolt for vengeance, only the plants heard his call, at least until ‘HE’ arrived.

It was the same time every year. The moon could be seen full behind the raging skies. The woman waited at the gate and said nothing, not fully aware of what was happening.

Dante walked the overgrowth path towards the derelict doorway, the rain fell heavy and with no shield from it his hair was flat against his face and eyes, a slight smiled was painted on his lips. The shocking white hair on his head glistened in the light of the thunder whereas the crimson jacket seemed to darken in the downpour.
“Head back to the shop, I’ll catch up to you” Dante said as he walked, not looking back.
“You don’t want company?” She replied from underneath the umbrella.
“No, this is between me and him...just as it always has” Dante replied and stopped, the large sword on his back adorned with a skull seemed to smile despite the weather “I will see you back there in an hour.” Dante smiled the way he did, assuring that everything was okay, under control and absolutely, undoubtedly cool. Dante wouldn’t lie. She looked down and up at the umbrella before replying.
“Sure. I’ll page you if anything comes up” she said, looking down the path he was already gone. “Typical Dante...”

Inside was worse than outside the church was little more than a very large hall, old communal benches were rotten and eaten by woodworm, the stone pillars that held the roof up were scratched and the rafters nested birds and other creatures. Dante walked slowly to the end, his hands deep in his pockets, looking down he slowed. Candles were lit and although the wax had dripped long below the stem they didn’t show any signs of melting away, the candle light forced shadows and spectres to dance on the walls around Dante, he looked up and fixed his eyes on a single monument at the end. It was an old sword, of Japanese origin. Thrust into the ground named “Chigiri”, hanging from the hilt was a dark blue long jacket, untouched by weather or animal, like the sword.
“Has it been a year already?” Dante stopped a few feet in front of the blade, surrounded by candles and the silence; par the dripping of raindrops through the roof and the occasional sound of the sky splitting. “Seems like only yesterday we were playing with sticks...” Dante smiled and paced back and forth before the blade, talking although it was listening. “How did we both stray so far apart Virgil?” Dante’s tone changed, the calm and confidence seemed to fade slightly as he begun to question the blade. “We are twins...brothers and you had to try and find something more...” Dante sighed and reached into his inside jacket pocket he removed a small lotus flower that he had been growing for him, he tossed it at the blade and ran his fingers through his wet hair “...maybe if I had’nt been as competitive, maybe if you had been more accepting of you human side” Dante stepped forward and brushed his fingertips along the blade, careful not to cut himself. Dante started to walk away, his tribute being place but he stopped “By the way, I found a nice little enigma...kid called Nero.” Dante smiled “he’s got attitude I can give him that...like a little protégé’ of ours.” Dante grinned “I gave him Yamoto.” Dante looked to the blade “Seemed like the right thing to do...he reminds me of you, you know?” Stepping forward “...got your eyes, even though they’re the same as mine, it’s something different” Folding his arms he continued “Almost like he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants...though at least with him it was for a girl” Dante smirked and started walking. “Just a shame you aren’t here to see him...I think you’d like him.” Dante passed through the middle of the hall and waved without turning “Tell mom and dad I said hi” Before he took another step, Dante stopped. There was no sound, nothing, the thunder, the rain, the wind and the creaking had stopped, Dante turned his head a fraction and rose a brow in confusion, all he could hear was a hollow breathing, in...out...in...out something was there, at his brothers blade, watching him. Dante smiled “You know heavy breathing always creeps me out, you should try some cough candy, really clears up those pipes” Dante turned slowly, in an instant he was pointing Ebony and Ivory at the shadow...”What?!” Dante said lowering his guns slightly. “I killed you...twice!” Before him stood a tall creature, covered in armour and horned alike his father, the eyes glowed blue and a large sword was held in a single hand. Its eyes seemed soulless and were fixed on Dante. “Nelo Angelo...?” Dante muttered, it turned his stomach to call the creature by its cursed name but that’s what it was a cursed creature.

To be continued...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Sounded pretty darn good to me. A heck of a lot better than I could ever come up with that's for sure. Good work, Keaton. +rep

Keaton

Premium
devilmaycry;72999 said:
Sounded pretty darn good to me. A heck of a lot better than I could ever come up with that's for sure. Good work, Keaton. +rep

Thanks DMC :D

I think YOU (a fellow Virgil lover) will like part two particually ^_o

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hehe. Definitely. The moment I saw the title of this thread, I though: "Finally, a Devil May Cry fan fiction which features Vergil!" :p

My problem is that I love Vergil too much. I think I should see a doctor...

Keaton

Premium
devilmaycry;73222 said:
Hehe. Definitely. The moment I saw the title of this thread, I though: "Finally, a Devil May Cry fan fiction which features Vergil!" :p

My problem is that I love Vergil too much. I think I should see a doctor...

I wouldnt see a doctor if I were you...they suggested coloured pills and a tight white jacket for me :eek:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
well i guess I didn't reply .lol. this rocks major, keep it up, ever need help then I will help :)

Keaton

Premium
Thanks alot LoD :D

New section coming soon...may need your help over the weekend ^___^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Please update. I like it so far. That joke about the cough medicine sounds like a joke Dante would really crack. ^^

Keaton

Premium
UPDATE AS PROMISED:

Dante raised a brow “So...what brings you to my neighbourhood?” Smirking he started to walk forward “...returning the favour eh? Well, I know a great place for pizza and a club where you can relax...or...” Dante stepped forward, within breaths of the familiar enemy “maybe that’s just not your thing” Nelo grabbed Dante by the throat with its armoured hands, pulling Dante close “...ah, now I can help you” Dante placed a hand on Nelo’s grip and pulled the grasp away from him. Touching back down on the floor Dante laughed “Tut tut tut” Drawing Rebellion, the tip of the blade scratched the tarnished tiled floor, a line of white against the ebony and terracotta tiles. Nelo stopped, and within a flash of light his own blade appeared in hand, a large triangular sword that seemed to be made of, alike Nelo himself, stained glass armour. But, Dante knew that the sword was not a fragile weapon at all, the blows he had been dealt at the hand of this monster were great and terrifying once, but now...Dante didn’t know how he felt about the monster, only that it was a manifestation of the torture his brother endured.

The creature stepped forward; the sound of his armour rattling echoed in the empty hall, dust filtered through the air as both devils stood facing each other, blades drawn, just as they would’ve been in the days of old. “You know what...?” Dante asked as he spun Rebellion between his fingers, not unlike a pencil “...I always wanted to fight you again, after all, your rusty!” smirking Dante pulled out Ivory and unleashed three shots towards the creature whom promptly launched forward and deflected the bullets with its gigantic blade “...not to mention...” Dante said as he launched himself towards the creatures attack “...a flailing...” Dante ducked under the creatures large arc of a swing and slammed the hilt of Rebellion against Nelos shoulder to spur him forward “...puppet!” Dante started to walk back towards his brothers memorial as Nelo regained his footing on the opposite side of the chapel.

“...death...to....you...” Nelo gurgled, the sound came from inside the armour like a distant cry or echo only just audible.

“I would LOVE to see that!” Dante laughed and ran at the creature again, Nelo mimicked. The two exchanged slashes and clashes of the blades, Dante leaped high and ricocheted off of the pillars to dodge the creatures ‘summoned swords’; they shattered into nothing as they smashed into the pillars. Dante landed again and cut the pillar through and kicked a severed segment against the corrupted knight. The blow struck him hard, as he was pushed through the air by the block, within moments the block was gone and he had driven his blade through and shattered the great block, airbone Nelo struck Dante with his Swords and blasts of energy. “Cheater!” Dante coughed off the current that still ran through his from the blast, Dante took a hand and pulled one of the ‘summoned swords’ from his shoulder, this shattered the moment it was removed. Dante cringed but smiled again, “that all yo-“ before he could finish Nelo was upon him, dealing strong fisted blows to him, sending Dante spiralling, but he wouldn’t let up, Nelo fired another energy blast before Dante could regain his footing, and ambushed him with the swords once again when he reeled from the blast.

“...Dante...must...die...” Nelo gurgled again, Dante was on his knees.

“Heh heh heh...I’m the one who’s getting the high score pal...your a challenge though i’ll give you that!” Dante looked up, his cheek had bruised and nose bleeding slightly “...lucky shot” Dante stood and his mind raced, he gripped Rebellion tightly and pointed it at Nelo, why was this monster so much stronger now, Dante wondered “Come on then, i’m the only one here who isn’t dead yet!” Dante blinked and Nelo vanished “Oh Sh-!” within moments Nelo Angelo was cutting into Dante with his Swords and Sword, within moments Rebellion fell to the ground and Dante was Devil Armless.

On his knees Dante struggled to breathe, his wounds didn’t heal as they should’ve, they all glowed a dark blue, purple essence, they stung. “So...you did...cheat...huh? Figures you couldn’t beat me on your own...” Dante tried to stand but the strength had vanished from his legs, normally poison wouldn’t affect him, but this was crafted creatures in the depths of hell and sponged into Nelo Angelo’s sword.

The creature stepped forward and rose his blade above Dante, preparing for the finishing blow, Dante’s mind raced, could he survive the hit and evade long enough to regain his strength and his Devil Trigger which seemed inactive? Suddenly as the blade came down the time for thinking had ended “Dante! Must! Die!” the creature roared as the blade came down.

Dante flinched. “Huh?” Dante looked up, a graze at his brow bled more than the other wounds, astonished he rose a brow, the creature was frozen in-stance, then, although he was bursting he fell to pieces. The arm fell away as did the head, the torso was cut into pieces, smoke and light left the as the armour clattered and clanged onto the hard, cold floor below.
The smoke begun to clear away and Dante looked up, a bemused smile stretched across his lips, his brother stood there, his childhood sword Chigiri in hand “Virgil...? Where the HELL did you come from?”

To be continued...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I had already read this before any others, and I think you'll agree that it rocks :)

XDevilNeverCryX

Nero's private *****
Woah, this is awesome! You're really good at this...

I LOVE VERGIL! wOOt.
Any fanfic that features Vergil is a good fanfic, in my opinion.

;P

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ yeah Keaton is good at this .lol.

oh and no probs keaton I told you the truth that i love this story man :)

Keaton

Premium
Thanks XDevilNeverCryX :D glad you like ^___^

Glad your liking it to LoD, more soon :X

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
why wouldn't I? .lol. you explain stuffs to me in PM's which rock, keep it up bro :)

Top Bottom