• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

3 Weird things?

Exejpgwmv

Just list three weird or unusual things you've noticed in DmC. (Doesn't necessarily have to be bad or good. )

It can be about a particular mechanic, enemy(ies)/Boss(es) or story element.

Here are mine:
1) Osiris raze can basically launch any enemy.
2) The Succubus boss fight dialogue changes depending on how you fight her.
3) Vergil isn't just a stereotypically evil character.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
1. Vergil and Kat still have some chemistry.

2. Phineas foreshadows Vergil's Face-Heel Turn

3. Dante's eyes are two toned.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the lack of angels(lack of explanation) was weird.

the shift from black to white hair felt weird

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
In mission 8, if youre fast enough to pass the first train in the tunnel and once you get the eye to go back through the tunnel, that train you passed will come at you from behind.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
1: Mundus having an heir. Why does he need one? He is immortal.
2: Dante is a super powered nephilim, and can overcome the Virility drink. So why can he get drunk on normal human alcohol? I thought his super powers would mean that he couldn't ever be drunk :laugh:
3:phineas saying that he is not suited to violence anymore. But then he tells Dante to kill. That's the opposite of not suited to violence.:tongue:

Exejpgwmv

1: Mundus having an heir. Why does he need one? He is immortal.
2: Dante is a super powered nephilim, and can overcome the Virility drink. So why can he get drunk on normal human alcohol? I thought his super powers would mean that he couldn't ever be drunk :laugh:
3:phineas saying that he is not suited to violence anymore. But then he tells Dante to kill. That's the opposite of not suited to violence.:tongue:
I think Phineas was referring to his own fighting ability.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

If you think about it, you can question that for classic Dante as well. Despite him being half human, he still has the healing factor that seems to heal any injury or wound including brain cells being able to regenerate when lost, so why in the manga did he say he once got so drunk he proposed to a broom? I guess it's one of those instances of "because funny" tropes. Plus the bottle New Dante was drinking had "666" on it and he did get it from the club where Lilith works. Maybe she has special drinks for demons to get drunk off of.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think Phineas was referring to his own fighting ability.
Ooops. I thought he meant that he no longer liked violence due to how violent Mundus is, as well as just being bad at fighting due to being a prisoner.

A little off, but how does one have to fight to get the alternate succubus dialogue? I only got it once and I have no idea how.

Exejpgwmv

Ooops. I thought he meant that he no longer liked violence due to how violent Mundus is, as well as just being bad at fighting due to being a prisoner.

A little off, but how does one have to fight to get the alternate succubus dialogue? I only got it once and I have no idea how.
Well, it changes depending on how you fight.
She'll insult you if you shoot her a lot and she'll taunt you if you evade her but don't attack for example.

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well, it changes depending on how you fight.
She'll insult you if you shoot her a lot and she'll taunt you if you evade her but don't attack for example.
Thanks. Something else too.
Once, Dante Shouted donkey punch at her during the cutscene and then she says a whole new load of insults in return. I've only had that happen once. Just wondering how I see that again too.

Exejpgwmv

Thanks. Something else too.
Once, Dante Shouted donkey punch at her during the cutscene and then she says a whole new load of insults in return. I've only had that happen once. Just wondering how I see that again too.
Those particular pieces of dialogue seem to be random.

Top Bottom